Do not spend on Zeek and save money!

Posted 24th Feb 2019Edited by:"4th_Dimension"
A good deal is the one that saves money.... and I am sure this discussion would save yours'!

Dear fellow HUKD users,

I am writing to inform you about a potential scam. I refer to the following website - zeek.me/gb/. This website provides a platform for selling unwanted gift cards and has been trading since last three years. Please refer to blogs and news such as follows -

moneysavingexpert.com/new…s-/
forums.moneysavingexpert.com/sho…370
calcalistech.com/cte…tml

The company has been facing financial difficulties. They have therefore suspended accounts of thousands of users (like me) who either loaded credit into their zeek accounts or purchased gift cards from them. Account holders are unable to use their credit, unable to log into their accounts and have been getting false messages that there is a technical problem. Zeek have not even paid individuals who have sold gift cards to them, with a few losing over £2000. Emails to Zeek customer support remain unanswered and there is no phone number to contact to. The events show a signature of the well known scam 'Fyre'...this could have been a genuine business idea but when the company realised they are going bust, they decided to keep consumers in dark, give false information and still trade until everyone realises the money is lost.

I am not sure if this is a correct forum but HUKD posters have saved me a lot of money and just thought I will make fellow users aware by posting this here.

1. Do not sell on Zeek (at least for now).
2. Do not buy on Zeek (at least for now).
3. If you can access your account, redeem and use your credit ASAP.
Community Updates
Ask
23 Comments
a warning on this was already posted a few weeks ago
Last week I withdrew over £100 from cashback via Zeek and purchased gift cards straight away, no problems.
AMaky24/02/2019 20:11

Last week I withdrew over £100 from cashback via Zeek and purchased gift …Last week I withdrew over £100 from cashback via Zeek and purchased gift cards straight away, no problems.

That’s funny, the other 99.9% of people haven’t been able to and the company has gone bust.
Justsuperman5 m ago

That’s funny, the other 99.9% of people haven’t been able to and the com …That’s funny, the other 99.9% of people haven’t been able to and the company has gone bust.

Don't know.
Plus withdrawal took me to zeek shop not marketplace which is slightly different when you withdraw via cashback sites.
I also already used the vouchers without any problems.

I also emailed customer services and had a reply the next day.
Edited by: "AMaky" 24th Feb 2019
I have (or perhaps had) about £40 on my account and am unable to purchase anything at the moment - the phone app shows no cards available to purchase and my wallet which should have had some vouchers in it is empty.

So either technical problems or they've folded!!

Lesson to self - take money out of small businesses ASAP.

EDIT: - looks like i'm late to this party - they were in receivership on the 18th!!
Edited by: "Van1973" 24th Feb 2019
deleted1471098
updated:

Zeek are in administration. All funds are lost.

I posted about this weeks ago, in response to someone who had sold some vouchers, luckily their payment just scrapped through.

A Zeek spokesperson said: “Zeek Mobile Ltd (an Israeli business) is currently working through a process with its major creditor Viola. Part of this process will be to secure a buyer for the business short term. Transactions on the marketplace and shop have been temporarily paused while we resolve this issue over the coming days.

This is basically administration and looking for a buyer as it’s essentially bankrupt, doubt they will find one as the business model clearly isn’t that profitable.
Edited by: "deleted1471098" 24th Feb 2019
deleted147109824/02/2019 20:36

Zeek are in administration. All funds are lost.I posted about this weeks …Zeek are in administration. All funds are lost.I posted about this weeks ago, in response to someone who had sold some vouchers, luckily their payment just scrapped through. Zeek is dead.

eeek guess I just scrapped by just in time too.
AMaky is just a troll, ignore what they have to say, just lies and tries to annoy people
I have been able to use my £25 Currys gift card today what I had before Christmas .
But yeah it's a shame when a foreign country can go bust there and effect UK customers too
Edited by: "Misslovely" 24th Feb 2019
I lost money too. When I login using my phone they say we have been facing issues with iOS devices and when I log in using the desktop I never receive the email. Messages to customer care go unanswered. What bothers me is the lies. If the company is bust they should stop trading completely.

Although this warning was posted before, I missed it. So thanks for posting it again.
@Misslovely, it is their business model I guess..... Although it is a foreign company it trades in the UK and Germany. So easy for them to run away with people's money as they won't be FCA regulated.
rohanva625/02/2019 07:49

I lost money too. When I login using my phone they say we have been facing …I lost money too. When I login using my phone they say we have been facing issues with iOS devices and when I log in using the desktop I never receive the email. Messages to customer care go unanswered. What bothers me is the lies. If the company is bust they should stop trading completely. Although this warning was posted before, I missed it. So thanks for posting it again. @Misslovely, it is their business model I guess..... Although it is a foreign company it trades in the UK and Germany. So easy for them to run away with people's money as they won't be FCA regulated.

FCA only regulate financial companies like banks, funds, insurance companies. Zeek is just a gift card reselling platform which is retail business
Is any way to get the code from the giftcards ? I checked all the emails I have from them but nothing. And now everything is shutdown.
Pokora9th Mar

Is any way to get the code from the giftcards ? I checked all the emails I …Is any way to get the code from the giftcards ? I checked all the emails I have from them but nothing. And now everything is shutdown.

I 'm wondering the same as i have 3 giftcards in my Week Wallet that I can't access
I sold 2 gift cards in January and have still not recived payment!!! I feel like I have been robbed!!!!
Has anyone been in contact with the receivers? It all seems to blatant!
crazymonkey10th Apr

Has anyone been in contact with the receivers? It all seems to blatant!

Lol don't be silly you will get nothing there.

You won't get anything through PayPal either as they don't protect digital cash equivalent purchases like gift cards.

If you paid by Visa or Mastercard though you are fully covered. It takes about 45 days to get your money from date you raise the chargeback.

I just got £200 back and am waiting on another £160.
I've got £200 in just Currys gift cards, which I bought with Quidco credit into zeek credit. I wonder if Quidco would be able to somehow get something back via the third party that work between Quidco and zeek for obtaining gift cards
Laurynas_Misevicius18/04/2019 23:22

I've got £200 in just Currys gift cards, which I bought with Quidco credit …I've got £200 in just Currys gift cards, which I bought with Quidco credit into zeek credit. I wonder if Quidco would be able to somehow get something back via the third party that work between Quidco and zeek for obtaining gift cards

Not going to work, already asked Quidco
Laurynas_Misevicius18/04/2019 23:22

I've got £200 in just Currys gift cards, which I bought with Quidco credit …I've got £200 in just Currys gift cards, which I bought with Quidco credit into zeek credit. I wonder if Quidco would be able to somehow get something back via the third party that work between Quidco and zeek for obtaining gift cards

zeek went bankruptcy, any debt/agreement is not applicable anymore
JefferyinUK18 m ago

zeek went bankruptcy, any debt/agreement is not applicable anymore

That's so annoying!!! Really could of used it, wish I wrote down the gift cards, but no way I could of known
rambobambo4 h, 38 m ago

Not going to work, already asked Quidco

Got 2x emails of purchase details for the gift cards, really thought the third party that issues them would atleast be able to give out their numbers/pin codes linked to the cards or something
Did any one been luck to know the options available to retrive the money from zeek ?
sman12326/08/2019 18:59

Did any one been luck to know the options available to retrive the money …Did any one been luck to know the options available to retrive the money from zeek ?

There isnt anything to retrieve. They've gone in to liquidation. That means they have no money. Any money they did/do have goes first to paying things like the liquidators, HMRC and wages etc.

I'm afraid that unless you do chargebacks as others suggested (albeit probably too late now) the money is lost.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants