Do not use DX couriers! Need help with small claims.

Found 10th Oct 2017Edited by:"FireOnAWire"
This all started 1 week ago.
I sold a console bundle on eBay and booked a next day service with insurance up to the value of goods (£230).
The courier company brought a label and collected the parcel.
On the evening of delivery the buyer notified me that they had missed the delivery but the package was not in the location listed on the card.
The card said the parcel was left in a 'gas cupboard'. This gas cupboard is unlocked/unsecured and is accessible by practically anyone.

So no signature was obtained.
Parcel was left unattended in what I consider to be an unsafe place but the courier company is adamant is a safe location.
Plus the calling card was left in a visible location at the back of the property.

DX has categorically denied liability despite the failings mentioned above.

I purchased the service via Parcel Monkey so will likely have to take them to small claims court as my contact is with them.

If anyone has any information or insights into this sort of situation or the small claims process I'd appreciate it.

#For the record I don't believe the buyer has scammed me. I know it's possible but don't think it's likely.
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
DX are the worst courier I've ever experienced! I've never sent anything with them but every time they are delivering to me there is some problem. Usually they don't deliver because they run out of time and one time I ordered bathroom panels and 11 out of 18 were damaged. Good luck with the cowboys!
bp241111 m ago

DX are the worst courier I've ever experienced! I've never sent anything …DX are the worst courier I've ever experienced! I've never sent anything with them but every time they are delivering to me there is some problem. Usually they don't deliver because they run out of time and one time I ordered bathroom panels and 11 out of 18 were damaged. Good luck with the cowboys!

This is my first and last experience with them.
I regularly deal with Royal Mail, UPS and DPD. Even Yodel, MyHermes and Collect Plus have been faultless.

They need to change their name to DXAYWE. Delivered eXactly As You Wouldn't Expect.
Edited by: "FireOnAWire" 10th Oct 2017
DX are shocking, couldn’t deliver a passport as supposedly no access to my property (no walls from road onto my front drive). Refused to let me collect from depot or get it delivered to another address. In the end had to have it sent back to London Victoria passport office and make a special visit to collect it. Took 3 weeks from failed delivery attempt to getting my hands on it.
They have dreadful reviews on trust pilot. I bought a pc online had massive issues getting it delivered despite myself working from home they said nobody was home twice. When it finally arrived it was damaged so had to return it which was a second nightmare
I’m sure on this morning or another tv program if they haven’t set up a safe place for it to be delivered then it’s up to the courier to keep it and not use there judgement. If the person that was getting it delivered had set a safe place with them, then it’s the the buyers fault for using that a their safe place. Hope that helps.
I wish I'd known how bad they were this time last week
In your predicament there is very little support out there. But quick look online I’ve come across this article. There are some good points you can look into on point 1.

Don’t forget you do have your Consumer Rights. Here is another article from Which. Hope it helps. Good Luck.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions