DO NOT USE INTERPARCEL/MY HERMES

Found 15th May 2012
I am new to using a courier, and i recently listed some resin elephant tuskers for my boyfriends relative. i used interparcel,everything seemed fine,until every one of the items arrived broken and in 1000 peices.. i contacted interparcel who told me that they were not covered by the £50 insurance because they were 'restricted' items because of what they were made out of.. they didn't tell me this when i placed my order with them. they sent me a link and yeah, they were in the restricted item list, but why would i go searching to find out if my item was ok to send?

when i entered the details on there website everything went through fine. I packaged them perfectly well and was so dissapointed/shocked to find out they had all been broken. One of them was shoved in the ladys wheelie bin with a my hermes; sorry you werent home' card. i checked online and it said they had recieved a customers signature, which they DID NOT. the driver had forged her signature. she wasn't even home. the box exterior was ruined, all ripped and torn and the insides even worse. i have recieved pictures of all these items broken but interparcel do not want to admit fault. they told me that 'sometimes they fall off the conveyer belt' yeah i can buy that, but all 8/9 items?! individually sent, all of them 'fell off' did they? i had marked them all fragile outside too.. what on earth is going on at there depo, they must be throwing them around. this is disgusting.

just today i got an email off them, i thought it was a joke, i actually laughed out loud. i had sent a glass/brass light shade to scotland, and i got an email off them sahying my hermes had been in touch and my item was damaged in transit, would i like them to throw it away or have it returned to me. HAHA for real? i cannot believe how casual they're being about all this. they need to have this in big red letters on there website, DO NOT SEND ANYTHING FRAGILE. why would they even accept fragile items if they know they;re all going to get kicked around and broken. cause they wan't your custom and they're not bothered what happens!

i will not be using interparcel again!! DO NOT SEND ANYTHING FRAGILE VIA INTERPARCEL.
Community Updates
Misc
33 Comments
All the misc is about these days is people moaning and talking nonsense. Another 'dont use' thred. Borred.
So you sent items on their prohibited to send list and its THEIR fault? Oooookay!
In relation to your actual point, you are using a catalogue delivery company, basically the parcels get shipped to a warehouse, where they then get shoved into the car of any tom dick and harry to be delivered, and these people do not care one bit. Use a proper courier next time, pay that little bit extra.
cdm22

So you sent items on their prohibited to send list and its THEIR fault? … So you sent items on their prohibited to send list and its THEIR fault? Oooookay!

It still doesn't excuse the fact that the items are damaged, not prohibited just not insurable.
When you make a booking on Interparcel you have to tick a box to say its not on their restricted list so you must have ticked the box without reading the restricted list. Also you used Hermes. I always use Interparcel economy (UPS) and never had any problems....

Hermes were the courier making the delivery and transporting the parcel - blame them
Edited by: "gari189" 15th May 2012

just today i got an email off them, i thought it was a joke, i actually laughed out loud. i had sent a glass/brass light shade to scotland, and i got an email off them sahying my hermes had been in touch and my item was damaged in transit

Lies.

Thanks for posting a warning. At least you are letting people know about your experiences and it helps you feel better. I'd like to vent my frustration about alot of things .. like my exerience of ebay and paypal, not doing enough to put a stop to scammers using stolen credit cards ripping off decent honest sellers.
http://www.troll.me/images/thumbs-up-jesus-says/cool-story-bro-needs-more-dragons-thumb.jpg

they didn't tell me this when i placed my order with them

Its your duty to read the terms and conditions first. Most glass items are not covered by insurance, most liquids either. I had a very hard time trying to find a courier that would accept TV's in the t&c's and an even impossible task trying to find a courier who will take paint (you can get it delivered from retailers, but when you want to book a courier yourself NO!) but you can send these items anyway (they never check) but if that 40" tv gets smashed on the way, good luck with that one!
I use interparcel all the time and have never had a problem.

1. I use UPS service, slightly more expensive but worth it. You chose the cheapest and crapest option (my hermes).

2. I understand that if I send something restricted that I am not covered by insurance for it.

I feel for you but you have cut corners and you have not read the terms, that is a failure on your behalf.
The less said about Royal Mail the better.
I have been using them since start of year and sent over 50 things and never had a problem sent fragile items and electricals and all arrived safely
When I use hermes (never had a bad experience so far) I always put, Get Signature if possible, on the delivery instructions (i never pay the £1). The drivers get very little money to deliver these parcels, and no holiday pay, so I dont blame them for ditching parcels (as long as there dry and safe).
splatsplatsplat

When I use hermes (never had a bad experience so far) I always put, Get … When I use hermes (never had a bad experience so far) I always put, Get Signature if possible, on the delivery instructions (i never pay the £1). The drivers get very little money to deliver these parcels, and no holiday pay, so I dont blame them for ditching parcels (as long as there dry and safe).

i have a mate who worked for Myhermes and they get stupid targets for parcel deliveries over 100 - 150 parcels a day, it worked out that he had less than 6 minutes to deliver each parcel which included getting out the van, getting the parcel, getting to the premises, waiting for them to open the door, getting a signature, getting back to the van and then driving to the next premises.

Hey OP,
sounds like a series of errors that has unfortunately meant that you have lost out
I do agree with some of the comments that you should have checked the link to see what was on the list. They have sent you the link for a reason, maybe if you had have read that you was unable to insure your item you would have looked elsewhere to send it? That is most likely why they do it. To cover themselved with items such as yours.
In regards to the forging of the signature- I've had that happen to me(royal mail), they were able to check and found that from satellite information the parcel was signed for nowhere near my house. So... I can understand how angry you must be and the fact that your item was broken just makes you have even more reason to be upset with them.
Sadly though, if your items were insured you would be able to claim something back

Edited by: "cloudbusting" 15th May 2012
aircanman

It still doesn't excuse the fact that the items are damaged, not … It still doesn't excuse the fact that the items are damaged, not prohibited just not insurable.

Fine, not insurable then...and the reason they are not insurable is because it is rather likely they could be damaged in transit, which they were! OP should have read the guidelines pure and simple.

"The following items are deemed unsuitable for shipment by our services, and are therefore sent at your own risk and are excluded from our compensation cover

•Resin* items, Amber and composites
* In the case of fossils, stones, stoneware, resins, ceramics and glassware, we'll pay compensation for loss of parcels, but not damage to the items."

Edited by: "cdm22" 15th May 2012
If it were that valuable, I would have wrapped it so well that there was absolutely no way of it being damaged in transit. Lots of bubble wrap, packed inside a box wrapped in bubble wrap before placing in final box and bubble wrapping that too. If all your parcels are being delivered damaged, it does make me think that you are responsible for your own mis-doings. Make sure you pack it better next time.
in hindsight, you should have claimed for loss, and as the courier forged the sig, AND left it in bin, you should have got refunded.
You only get £20 standard insurance with Hermes through Interparcel not £50, so that another epic fail
I dont know whether this little hermes cheat still works, but if you pay £1 to upgrade the insurance to £100 or whatever the next level is, you get the sig option for frees (that normally costs a quid) so used to make no sense to just have a sig for a quid, if you can get sig + extra insurance for the same.
Do you not understand the first thing about shipping? You sent glass, didn't insure and are pisse off it broke! Get Real
Sorry to hear about your problems op.
I can vouch that NO ONE should use My Hermes as they are the biggest COWBOYS in the courier industry.
My Sister works for them and the stories that she tells me about how they work are unreal.
I have also had a problem with Hermes when I ordered something from Play.com.
Take note STAY CLEAR.
Timmothy

Do you not understand the first thing about shipping? You sent glass, … Do you not understand the first thing about shipping? You sent glass, didn't insure and are pisse off it broke! Get Real

you joined just to say this?

which company do you work for?
also the op just joined to make this thread.....strange.
aircanman

All the misc is about these days is people moaning and talking nonsense. … All the misc is about these days is people moaning and talking nonsense. Another 'dont use' thred. Borred.

Misc = nonsense
Hi this is not interparcel it's Herms I have seen in the back of there vans everthing is just thrown in.
I have used interparcel for the last couple of years no problems but I always choose UPS top Class Service
Interparcel are the best full stop.

I have used them for YEARS. Looking at my account order history i have spent over 10k on sending parcels.

Not 1, i repeat. NOT 1 fault yet. I always use UPS mind. Dont trust hermes.
8 out of 9 parcels arrived damaged? I can only think that you packaged them poorly.
As to your question, ' why would i go searching to find out if my item was ok to send?' the answer is pretty obvious - it's common sense to look at the t&cs and what they do and don't cover insurance-wise. It's basic, plus you clicked a button to accept the t&cs, don't click or sign anything without knowing what it means and you are signing up for.
dga

You jelly?

OMFG, YES!!!!
Seriously jealous.
I sold an item on ebay and carefully packed it and placed fragile stickers all over it. I then took it outside and kicked it all round the garden and finished it off by throwing it at the fence. I placed it outside my front door in the rain. I refunded the purchaser. A pointless excercise you may think but at least it saved the couriers doing it...and me their fees.
It's not Interparcel's fault.If you want the cheapest and you go for HERMES,you get what you pay for.Their attitude is cavalier to put it mildly.They don't only pick up your parcel when it suits them,but they also leave it in their depot at the other end and deliver it at their whim.So an inland parcel will take at least 5 working days to arrive.As a previous writer said,use UPS Economy (from Interparcel).Two years of regular use and absolutely no problems(touch wood). Excellent customer service also!
Only use Hermes if you want to loose a 'problematic' customer!
I ordered £200 of clothes online, I won't mention the retailer as I believe they have since changed couriers.
However at the time they used Hermes. I wasn't in when they attempted delivery as we were on a day trip to Blackpool. Anyway the following day I checked our little mailbox and there was one of those little cards in there from Hermes. I assumed I would have to go collect it but they had actually left it in a "secure place", also known as my **** wheely bin!

Just to get a true image of how ludicrous this is, They threw it in the bin when it wasn't far off full because it was bin collection the following day, it had sat in there for 24 hours in the middle of July, in a bin that hadn't been emptied for 12 days. Now I have 2 young kids, one still in nappies.
Best part of it is that the parcel itself was effectively in a heavy duty black plastic bag.

What if I didn't find the little note in time? Either way, all the clothes needed washing as they stank.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants