Do payments on a child's ISA transfer with the account?

Posted 10th Jun
Hello! I'm looking for a bit of clarity as I've not been able to find an answer online. I am transferring my sons child ISA from Coventry BS to NS&I and I don't know if the standing orders that are currently in place for his Coventry account will be automatically redirected to the NS&I account once the account has been transferred. I know it's simple to do it manually but with grandparents paying in it might be cause me a bit of a headache having to do it on their behalf!

Thank you
Community Updates
Ask
7 Comments
You would have to set them all back up, standing order will go straight to Coventry
Yes you will need to cancel old so and set up new one
ndyanem10/06/2020 21:05

You would have to set them all back up, standing order will go straight to …You would have to set them all back up, standing order will go straight to Coventry

Thank you for letting me know!
AL1S0N10/06/2020 21:11

Yes you will need to cancel old so and set up new one

OK that's great thank you very much!
Hi
I just set this account up. Do they send you the NS&I number straight away.
I have not go it yet ?
s_dusara10/06/2020 22:59

Hi I just set this account up. Do they send you the NS&I number straight …Hi I just set this account up. Do they send you the NS&I number straight away.I have not go it yet ?

It should be, yes. It took a few hours for the NS&I number to be emailed to me when I set up the account a couple of weeks ago, I also received a confirmation letter through the post with it on.
When your setting up new standing order, NS&I have their own reference number to use, you do not use your own account number!
41052829-C3fQY.jpg
Edited by: "AL1S0N" 11th Jun
Post a comment
@
    Text