Do people know what brand new means?

Posted 9th Oct
3306943-bEHvi.jpg
In what sense, shape or form, and everything that is holy, is this a brand new product? Maybe I've been living under a rock or perhaps not in tune with the secrets of the underworld of eBay and it's sellers. But where I'm from this is far from a 'Brand New' item.
Community Updates
Misc
9 Comments
Has the seller listed it as new but been opened? That may be the reason
andrewworrall109/10/2019 23:30

Has the seller listed it as new but been opened? That may be the reason

Seller does state it's not used out of the case. But these type of listings annoy me when they're clearly not brand new and sellers listing as new.
Well that just ebay all over.

Same as sellers obviously selling something which is fake or broken, saying It just needs new battery, or worked when tested, I know nothing about this item it was in a house clearance, a few scratches etc.

There should be some kind of report system though.
Edited by: "MonkeysUncle" 9th Oct
awiew09/10/2019 23:34

Seller does state it's not used out of the case. But these type of …Seller does state it's not used out of the case. But these type of listings annoy me when they're clearly not brand new and sellers listing as new.

In what way is this not brand new?
That might have been another copy of the same disc in the photo the others might be sealed.
Could be he doesn't want to be accused by a scammer buyer of sending an empty case.
As with all things Ebay - you pay your money and take your chance.
Looks like a home-made counterfeit Blu-ray to me.
Ringfinger10/10/2019 05:51

Could be he doesn't want to be accused by a scammer buyer of sending an …Could be he doesn't want to be accused by a scammer buyer of sending an empty case.As with all things Ebay - you pay your money and take your chance.

Then they should show the brand new case with the cellophane still on. Otherwise this is new but opened.
Its the same as clothes where there is a distinction between brand new and new without tags.
Edited by: "jon81uk" 10th Oct
jon81uk10/10/2019 09:32

Then they should show the brand new case with the cellophane still on. …Then they should show the brand new case with the cellophane still on. Otherwise this is new but opened.Its the same as clothes where there is a distinction between brand new and new without tags.

I understand what you are saying but peoole can re-cellophane an empty case.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants