Do people running Kodi use a VPN service?

Found 30th Jan 2016
Kind of new to this Kodi stuff. Do people running Kodi, being on a computer, Fire TV, or android box, use a VPN service? If so can you recommend which one you use. Also is it really necessary if you watch the odd film, TV series or a live game? Thanks
Community Updates
AskRunningKodi
10 Comments
use VPN whenever you can
I dont bother and dont have any problems finding anything

only needed if you want to use icefilms / primewire addons
I've never used a VPN on mine. Always worked fine for me
You don't need it. Some addons only work with a VPN but there are loads that work without one. You're not doing anything illegal so you don't need to hide your IP address
Original Poster
Thanks for all the info guys, my Kodi works fine most of the time (for the time being), but i was just worried about the illegality of if.
jeannot18

Thanks for all the info guys, my Kodi works fine most of the time (for … Thanks for all the info guys, my Kodi works fine most of the time (for the time being), but i was just worried about the illegality of if.

Don't worry. its probably seen as unethical but it's not illegal if you're just watching online streams (even though the know it all's on here think they know better)

Have a read of the digital economy act 2010 and that'll give you everything you need to know

Edited by: "kjcoolcat" 30th Jan 2016
kjcoolcat

Don't worry. its probably seen as unethical but it's not illegal if … Don't worry. its probably seen as unethical but it's not illegal if you're just watching online streams (even though the know it all's on here think they know better)Have a read of the digital economy act 2010 and that'll give you everything you need to know

Agree totally and really do you wish to be handing all your internet traffic over to some service you know very little about in dear knows what country.
tor?
also agree with not using any VPN but your own,
Original Poster
stealthybadger

also agree with not using any VPN but your own,

Hi stealthybadger, what do you mean by using my own, I apologize for my ignorance but I don't know much about VPN except that it hides your location and your internet use
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants