Do people sell on their XBOX 360 Live Gamertags?

Only asking as I just realised, even though I no longer have a 360, I still have 12 months left on my Live subscription, and people can re-download the games I bought if they recover my Gamertag, can't they?

I must have bought about 20 of the arcade titles...

So, can / do people sell these on?

The gamertag has over 20000 gamerscore too, don't know whether that would appeal to people, or put them off?

30 Comments

I don't think I'd want to do that, although you can give people the details to access the gamertag you'd have to remove all your personal details which I doubt you can. Also the games are tied to the original Xbox they were downloaded on and while you can download them on another Xbox they have to be used when the gamertag is signed in online or some irritating restriction like that. There is a license transfer tool but it probably wouldn't be much use here.

John

Original Poster

Johnmcl7;2532184

I don't think I'd want to do that, although you can give people the … I don't think I'd want to do that, although you can give people the details to access the gamertag you'd have to remove all your personal details which I doubt you can. Also the games are tied to the original Xbox they were downloaded on and while you can download them on another Xbox they have to be used when the gamertag is signed in online or some irritating restriction like that. There is a license transfer tool but it probably wouldn't be much use here.John

I can edit the personal details on the website, so that shouldn't be a problem.

Also, I know what you mean with the re-downloading... what it is, I think, is that you have to be connected online for them to show up, but you can play the games with any of your gamertags.

yeah once online you can go on download history

somebody sad enough would buy im sure of it.

Original Poster

andy108uk;2532354

somebody sad enough would buy im sure of it.

Hehe! :thumbsup:

how much.........lol

Original Poster

Alfonse;2532370

how much.........lol

Heh, well, I'm not sure I definitely want to do it yet... I'm doing my information gathering now, and if it looks like it'll be little hassle for me, I'll make a list of all the games that come with tthe tag, and put it for sale somewhere....

Do you reckon they'd allow it on the FS/FT boards here? I'm not sure, with copyright and stuff.....

I was joking, sorry.

Original Poster

Alfonse;2532424

I was joking, sorry.

Hehe! Well, I'd only want a few quid for it, so you never know... :thumbsup:

12 month live, 20+ arcade games, 20000 gamerscore... should be worth a few bob to someone...well... maybe!

I suppose if you negate the GS and just stick to what actually cost money then around 60-70 quid would be fair.

i got 31000 gamer score, so lets say a pound a point. seems fair to me

i like the idea

hodsey77;2532480

Hehe! Well, I'd only want a few quid for it, so you never know... … Hehe! Well, I'd only want a few quid for it, so you never know... :thumbsup: 12 month live, 20+ arcade games, 20000 gamerscore... should be worth a few bob to someone...well... maybe!

I am sad and might take it if you have got Ikaruga downloaded :roll:

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;2532817

Aw... don't have that one... got rid of my 360 before it was out :x

These are ones I had (give or take one or two)...

Bankshot Billiards 2
Astropop
Bomberman LIVE
Carcassonne
Frogger
Gauntlet
Geometry Wars Evolved
Hardwood Hearts
Hardwood Spades
Jewel Quest
Marble Blast Ultra
MS.PAC-MAN
Outpost Kaloki X
Pac-Man C.E.
Small Arms
Soltrio Solitaire
Street Fighter II' HF
Texas Hold'em
Time Pilot
TMNT 1989 Arcade
TotemBall
Track and Field
UNO
Worms
Zuma

ok, so what's the deal? These are full games - not demos - that can be accessed through the gamertag?

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;2532926

ok, so what's the deal? These are full games - not demos - that can be … ok, so what's the deal? These are full games - not demos - that can be accessed through the gamertag?

Yea... these are all the full games I paid for. I also have some additional content like extra card sets for UNO and gamer pics, and stuff.... can't remember exactly what, though...

You have to recover the gamertag, and then can go to download history, and re-download everything.

The only thing is, you have to be connected online to see the games in the list... it doesn't show them if you're not on live, as it wasn't the original console they were bought for.

Edit: Actually, scrap all that about the being connected online, stuff.... apparantly (like someone above mentioned), there is now a tool that lets you migrate all the licenses across, so you can play the games online or offline...]http//ww…htm

Ok, I'll have a think about it after looking at some of the games. Tbh, Ikaruga was the only game that looked really appealing when I first checked out the LIVE games. Back later. Thanks.

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;2533002

Ok, I'll have a think about it after looking at some of the games. Tbh, … Ok, I'll have a think about it after looking at some of the games. Tbh, Ikaruga was the only game that looked really appealing when I first checked out the LIVE games. Back later. Thanks.

Yea, well, like I say, I'm not sure whether to bother anyway... might be more trouble than enough...

Just trying to gauge whether people did it or not, etc.

hodsey77;2533036

Yea, well, like I say, I'm not sure whether to bother anyway... might be … Yea, well, like I say, I'm not sure whether to bother anyway... might be more trouble than enough...Just trying to gauge whether people did it or not, etc.

ok, well sounds like we are both in the same frame of mind on it

Seems a shame to let those gamer points and arcade games go. I would be interested.

Liddle ol' me;2532817

Ikaruga is great and i downloaded it when it was released

aint got pass the 2nd level yet its to damn hard

Also OP i would never sell an account

Original Poster

geoneo123;2533383

Also OP i would never sell an account

How come? I've checked and I've no credit card info on it, and I can amend the personal info stored with it to the buyers before sending it over...

Then they could even change the gamertag name by purchasing some Live Points, couldn't they...

Or am I missing something crucial?

BendyBadger;2533347

Seems a shame to let those gamer points and arcade games go. I would be … Seems a shame to let those gamer points and arcade games go. I would be interested.

Since that is two of us, think you'd better start a FS thread in the correct forum if you are going to sell or else expire this one if you decide against it. Otherwise this thread will start to look like an auction... :thumbsup:

I was on a game of COD4 the other night, somone on prestige 10 admitted to buying his gamertag.

hodsey77;2533407

How come? I've checked and I've no credit card info on it, and I can … How come? I've checked and I've no credit card info on it, and I can amend the personal info stored with it to the buyers before sending it over...Then they could even change the gamerag name by purchasing some Live Points, couldn't they...Or am I missing something crucial?

It could lead to your account being deleted and an unhappy buyer

plus you main details remain of the account like address

geoneo123;2533383

Ikaruga is great and i downloaded it when it was released aint got pass … Ikaruga is great and i downloaded it when it was released aint got pass the 2nd level yet its to damn hardAlso OP i would never sell an account

Yes, now that I've got the hang of it I can complete Chapter 1 on the demo - but if it gets increasingly more difficult on the next chapters, I imagine it would be nearly impossible for me to complete... Brilliant adictive game though

Credit/debit card can be changed obv

geoneo123;2533441

It could lead to your account being deleted and an unhappy buyer plus you … It could lead to your account being deleted and an unhappy buyer plus you main details remain of the account like address

yes, well I would take the chance and not blame the OP if that happened. It's a chance worth taking if it's cheap enough. And as for address, do people actually use their own address? I just entered some meaningless letters... I wouldn't give MS my real address!

Original Poster

geoneo123;2533441

It could lead to your account being deleted and an unhappy buyer plus you … It could lead to your account being deleted and an unhappy buyer plus you main details remain of the account like address

No, you can change the address from the Xbox website...

Original Poster

Liddle ol' me;2533476

yes, well I would take the chance and not blame the OP if that happened. … yes, well I would take the chance and not blame the OP if that happened. It's a chance worth taking if it's cheap enough. And as for address, do people actually use their own address? I just entered some meaningless letters... I wouldn't give MS my real address!

Well, I'll mull it over and put it in FS/FT if I think it's worth doing - will check with the other half, see what he thinks... :thumbsup:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764088
    2. Now TV CODES - Free Sky Entertainment/Kids/Cinema/Sports1019
    3. I banned myself from HUKD for 3m, I saved so much money!2642
    4. Thousands of minimum wage workers to receive part of £2,000,000 compensatio…44

See more discussions