Do predicted gcse results affect your college that you go to even if you get good gcse resullts?

Found 19th Aug 2011
Also what are your predicted gcse results based on?

All help appreciated.
Thanks.
Community Updates
MiscUni
13 Comments
Don't teachers tell you anything these days? Were you not listening? Are you bored? Am i asking to many questions?
deleted265520
No they don't.

Also, don't worry about them too much lol. In a few years time you'll back at your actual GCSE's and wonder what all the hype was about. Same with A-Levels.
Syzable

Don't teachers tell you anything these days? Were you not listening? Are … Don't teachers tell you anything these days? Were you not listening? Are you bored? Am i asking to many questions?

Your right, I complained once to my teacher why they don't have talks about uni and colleges instead they have compulsory talks on cancer
dtovey89

No they don't.Also, don't worry about them too much lol. In a few years … No they don't.Also, don't worry about them too much lol. In a few years time you'll back at your actual GCSE's and wonder what all the hype was about. Same with A-Levels.

Thanks so your completely sure they don't affect your college place?
Syzable

Don't teachers tell you anything these days? Were you not listening? Are … Don't teachers tell you anything these days? Were you not listening? Are you bored? Am i asking to many questions?

Careful... you don't want another "just answer the [filtered-out swear word] question" responses.

BFN,

fp.
Careful... you don't want another "just answer the [filtered-out swear word] question" responses.

BFN,

fp.[/quote]

just answer the **** question
ps3fanboy35

just answer the **** question

...why?

(inb4 the "spam")
deleted265520
ps3fanboy35

Thanks so your completely sure they don't affect your college place?

101% sure.

Please don't follow my example in your mock mathematics exam. Percentages only go up to 100.
your GCSE grades are predicted from your years at school and from mock exams. Your place at college/uni is usually dependant on getting the grades needed, if the grades have not been reached then obviously the college/uni will need to readdress what needs to e done, same as getting better results where you may go on to a different higher course than one you planned on based on your predicted grades
Predicted gcse grades should have no affect on your chances at all, nil, zip nada, diddly squat.
All colleges use them for possible indicators of your chances to succeed & if they should offer you a place on your chosen course, at enrolmenty however it would be a really dumb administrator who turns away applicants with higher than expected grades but lower grades are a big problem as colleges get penalised for students who fail.
As a principle I always look for commitment, hard work & potential.
The rest as they say is history!!!
dtovey89

101% sure.Please don't follow my example in your mock mathematics exam. … 101% sure.Please don't follow my example in your mock mathematics exam. Percentages only go up to 100.

You've obviously never followed Zimbabwean inflation rates...
You do take your predicted results to a college interview, they just say you need to get above this or your on track etc.. My predicted results were F for everything mostly because I didn't go, I got C and above in every subject, so I wouldn't worry about it.
secretwoman123

your GCSE grades are predicted from your years at school and from mock … your GCSE grades are predicted from your years at school and from mock exams. Your place at college/uni is usually dependant on getting the grades needed, if the grades have not been reached then obviously the college/uni will need to readdress what needs to e done, same as getting better results where you may go on to a different higher course than one you planned on based on your predicted grades

thanks for this

sowotsdis

Predicted gcse grades should have no affect on your chances at all, nil, … Predicted gcse grades should have no affect on your chances at all, nil, zip nada, diddly squat.All colleges use them for possible indicators of your chances to succeed & if they should offer you a place on your chosen course, at enrolmenty however it would be a really dumb administrator who turns away applicants with higher than expected grades but lower grades are a big problem as colleges get penalised for students who fail.As a principle I always look for commitment, hard work & potential. The rest as they say is history!!!

thats definately reassuring

alanlukeb1

You do take your predicted results to a college interview, they just say … You do take your predicted results to a college interview, they just say you need to get above this or your on track etc.. My predicted results were F for everything mostly because I didn't go, I got C and above in every subject, so I wouldn't worry about it.

thanks for that
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants