Groups

Do Quidco regularly squirm out of crediting cashback?

Just wondering if it's common that Quidco try their very best to squirm out of crediting cashback? They seem a very long way off the very good Top Cashback...

21 Comments

yes I have been trying to get my cash back they advertised for pre ordering FIFA they also track things lower I bought a shirt for £10.99 as they sent email saying £10 cash back on £10+ purchase they tracked it at 9.59

What do you mean squirm out..?

I've always been paid, and if my transaction doesn't track, I'll raise a claim.

If it gets decline, it's most likely due to me returning the goods.

Lot over £1500 to declined claims. Never returned a product.

In the time been using Quidco (circa 9 years) I have clawed back £2,995 with only one rejection which was resolved after a couple of emails.

In my experience you get a better service if you're a Premium account member as the cashback is secured.

For me it has been places like buymobiles who squirm. just recently bought bike from evans no data on purchase 4% £700 sale but think thats down to evanscycles.

farmeruk1

For me it has been places like buymobiles who squirm. just recently … For me it has been places like buymobiles who squirm. just recently bought bike from evans no data on purchase 4% £700 sale but think thats down to evanscycles.

+1. I've bee using the site for 5 years, and in that time, I've only had two claims not honoured...both unscrupulous mobile phone companies! Sad to say, raising a claim did little else other than waste my own time.

Depends on who the cashback is from

Just remember that the last cookie matters, if you were looking for discounts/voucher codes and clicked through - that site would take the cut and not Quidco.

If you want to find discounts/vouchers, use it on incognito, and Quidco + shop from your main browser.

And yes, some retailers are *****, even when I didn't return, they would reject - aka Holland & Barrett - TWICE.

£2900 back over 10 years. Had a few declined but thats not Quidco, thats the retailer. Quidco have also honoured some cashback despite being declined by retailer.I have also had plenty of cashbacks when I shouldnt have so no complaints from me.

I've actually had more issues with TCB than Quidco conveniently not tracking higher value transactions and then fobbing you off after the very lengthy claim process.

Have given up with both of these sites now. Have you had a look at iMutual - it is a much smaller site and offers great cashback rates together with excellent customer care in the unlikely event of a claim. Try it for a while and I am sure you will be impressed. It's the First Direct of cashback sites in my mind.

Trying to rectify a claim at the moment but their system fails as it asks you to tick relevant boxes despite all boxes already ticked.
    I call shenanigans to get out of paying.

Never rely on cashback it can be refused for any reason

Yes all the time

Quidco have declined pretty big pay outs in the past for me. Top cash back advertise enhanced rates and pay at a lower rate
    Quidco is UK based, top cash back USA I believe. Hard to say whether it's the retailer's failing to pay or the sites themselves.

taylor102081

yes I have been trying to get my cash back they advertised for pre … yes I have been trying to get my cash back they advertised for pre ordering FIFA they also track things lower I bought a shirt for £10.99 as they sent email saying £10 cash back on £10+ purchase they tracked it at 9.59

Cash back is only paid on non vat part of purchased. Hence you never end up with what you might hope for as you lose 20℅ vat

I stopped using Quidco after I ended up having to manually claim 3 or 4 lots of cashback.
    Topcashback had the Tesco Club Card points option at the time so I switched to them and never had an issue.

About 6 months ago I had an email from Quidco about a £10 cashback with any purchase of £10 or more.
    Just like before I ended up manually tracking it then after a few weeks they said they would pay out of there own pocket as a gesture of good will, but failed to credit the £10 bonus. (_;)
    I have no inclination of ever going back to using Quidco without TCB suddenly disappears.

degudodger

In the time been using Quidco (circa 9 years) I have clawed back £2,995 … In the time been using Quidco (circa 9 years) I have clawed back £2,995 with only one rejection which was resolved after a couple of emails. In my experience you get a better service if you're a Premium account member as the cashback is secured.

The cash back is not secured by using premium.

ontheqt

Quidco have declined pretty big pay outs in the past for me. Top cash … Quidco have declined pretty big pay outs in the past for me. Top cash back advertise enhanced rates and pay at a lower rate Quidco is UK based, top cash back USA I believe. Hard to say whether it's the retailer's failing to pay or the sites themselves.

Top Cashback is not US based. Where do people get their ideas from? oO

Hey @taylor102081

There two reasons why a cashback would track lower, namely;

i) Some retailers will always track your purchase at a lower amount, and then update to the correct amount of cashback once the transaction is confirmed.

ii) The vast majority of retailers will not pay cashback on VAT or delivery charges, so whenever you notice that your transaction has tracked in a little lower, this is usually why.

However, if the above reasons do not apply, we'll be happy to help make sure that the correct amounts are tracked and processed for you.

So do let our support team know and they'll help with that.

Hope you're enjoying Fifa 17 as much as I am.

Joseph

Quidco Rep

Edited by: "QuidcoCompanyRep" 4th Jan

Hey @thedvdmonster

Sorry to see that you've had issues raising your claim.

Don't worry though, as our support team can raise that for you and make sure that gets processed for you.

So do give them a shout when you can.

Joseph
    Quidco Rep
    Edited by: "QuidcoCompanyRep" 4th Jan

Hey @ontheqt

The cashback is formed by the the referral commission paid to us by the retailer for referring you to their site to make a purchase. So a cashback won't be paid if we have not received the referral amount for that sale.

Nevertheless, I am sorry that you have experienced declines on some pretty big pay outs in the past (Believe me, I honestly know the feeling of declines and it can be frustrating).

But I can assure you that we will always work to successfully process all cashback amounts, both large or small as we hate declines as much as you do.

I hope we can work to help make for a much more positive experience with your future purchases.

Joseph
    Quidco Rep

Edited by: "QuidcoCompanyRep" 5th Jan
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1013
      2. What do you feel like whinging about today?1927344
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      4. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917

See more discussions