Do rag & bone men take tv's??

Found 27th Aug 2012
Just a quick question.
I have a old phillips 28 inch widecreen tv that i need to get rid of.Does anybody know if the rag and bone men would take this,as they all seem to be out on bank holidays.
Thanks Paul

1. Misc
  2. TV
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. TV
45 Comments

Yes usually. I have given them a few

I'm sure they'd take them, the only problem is it's not the 19th century any more.

Unless you happen to live here

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/multimedia/archive/02021/hovis_2021158b.jpg

Original Poster

tafkas

I'm sure they'd take them, the only problem is it's not the 19th century … I'm sure they'd take them, the only problem is it's not the 19th century any more.Unless you happen to live here

I remember the good old days ,when i was a lad........:p

Awww... why wouldn't you take him? He's just so sweet...

http://bloggledygook.files.wordpress.com/2011/02/frank_n_furter.jpg

if you leave the telly at the end of your driveway (but still on your property) with a big sign on it saying FREE! it'll be gone within an hour

thegroutch

if you leave the telly at the end of your driveway (but still on your … if you leave the telly at the end of your driveway (but still on your property) with a big sign on it saying FREE! it'll be gone within an hour

If you leave a sign on it saying '£50 ono' it'll be gone even quicker!

paulrowe40,,,, freecycle it let someone else do the lifting for you lol.

Edited by: "timtom13" 27th Aug 2012

theyll take anything.

what's a rag and bone man? never heard of them before.

is it a regional term for them?

mutley1

what's a rag and bone man? never heard of them before.is it a regional … what's a rag and bone man? never heard of them before.is it a regional term for them?

(Sigh)

[ en.wikipedia.org/wik…man ]

Banned

Steptoe and son where rag and bone men

Banned

mutley1

what's a rag and bone man? never heard of them before.is it a regional … what's a rag and bone man? never heard of them before.is it a regional term for them?

guess the OP lives up North! oO

havent seen one around here for 30 years!

Banned

Most of them are **** scum now.

I've not seen a rag and bone man for about 20 years. Thought it was a thing of the past. Wish they still had one here.

Same with the guys who used to walk round street selling whelks, mussels and candy apples.

csiman

guess the OP lives up North! oOhavent seen one around here for 30 years!

or living in the past? X)
i have never seen a rag and bone man. do they come on their horse cart?

mutley1

It depends if the cart is travelling over a cobbled street or not.

fanpages

why do they pull them themselves depending on the street covering? oO

Rag and bone men?? Do they still exist?

We get them regular near us. Sometimes 2 or 3 a day at the weekend.
A complaint was made to the council at one point because they were going round at 7 on a Sunday morning.

mutley1

fanpages

mutley1

Many do not get into the habit.

Two nuns cycling down a cobbled street.
The first one says "I've never come this way before".
The second one replies "It must be the cobbles".

lethalmoose

We get them regular near us. Sometimes 2 or 3 a day at the weekend.A … We get them regular near us. Sometimes 2 or 3 a day at the weekend.A complaint was made to the council at one point because they were going round at 7 on a Sunday morning.

are you sure that it's not that you and the OP happen to live in an area where Britain's worst horder lives and they are just on holiday at the moment and so can't go round collecting junk?

I get them come around, probably 3-4times a week, sometimes 3 or 4 different rag and bone men collecting scrap.

They took our bath, a few of them didn't because it wasn't steel.

They literally take anything, leave something outside 5 minutes and its gone.

Though, our old tumble dryer, left outside it took about a week for them to pick it up?

No, the ' rag and bone man ' only wants rags and bones,

you require the services of the the local ' ancient tv and walkman man '.

mutley1

fanpages

mutley1

Very good.

I am still having nun of it.(_;)

Banned

souljacker

Rag and bone men?? Do they still exist?

They are call pie keys now.

I put a large metal BBQ out this morning almost an hour ago. Its a record..... its still there now.

I had a dishwasher out once that went in 5 minutes! Rich pickings here...... plus being to close to moncacker sites isnt such a good thing though it saves a trip to the dump!

Rag'n'bone men. Aaah, them were the days. I remember when I was about 10, I took some stuff to get a cane bow and arrow off him. I ran home like a dog with 2 willies. When I got home I was showing it to my sister and fired it out of the front door..... just as a young lad was riding past on his bike. Straight into the spokes on his front wheel. He ended up stood on his head10 yards down the road

I know you shouldn't laugh really..

deek72

Rag'n'bone men. Aaah, them were the days. I remember when I was about 10, … Rag'n'bone men. Aaah, them were the days. I remember when I was about 10, I took some stuff to get a cane bow and arrow off him. I ran home like a dog with 2 willies. When I got home I was showing it to my sister and fired it out of the front door..... just as a young lad was riding past on his bike. Straight into the spokes on his from wheel. He ended up stood on his head10 yards down the road :DI know you shouldn't laugh really..

How does a dog with two willies run?

Very carefully.

guv

They are call pie keys now.I put a large metal BBQ out this morning … They are call pie keys now.I put a large metal BBQ out this morning almost an hour ago. Its a record..... its still there now.I had a dishwasher out once that went in 5 minutes! Rich pickings here...... plus being to close to moncacker sites isnt such a good thing though it saves a trip to the dump!

If we put anything out it would still be there the next week, anything i have to get rid of and it's a trip to the tip

deek72

Rag'n'bone men. Aaah, them were the days. I remember when I was about 10, … Rag'n'bone men. Aaah, them were the days. I remember when I was about 10, I took some stuff to get a cane bow and arrow off him. I ran home like a dog with 2 willies. When I got home I was showing it to my sister and fired it out of the front door..... just as a young lad was riding past on his bike. Straight into the spokes on his from wheel. He ended up stood on his head10 yards down the road :DI know you shouldn't laugh really..

what year was that then deek?

Dont know about TVs but if a rag and bone man saw me today I reckon I would be added to the cart. I feel wrecked

mutley1

what year was that then deek?

deek72

you seem to have lost a lot of hair for a 22 year old.

fanpages

The only way to travel, deek':[ http://www.myspace.com/video/vid/6363193 ]

It was more like this. Replace bottle with arrow

youtube.com/wat…x_c

mutley1

you seem to have lost a lot of hair for a 22 year old.

Errm, alopecia? (and your maths need some practice :D)

If you want to get rid of it for free.........

http://my.freecycle.org/home/groups

I put a TV on this two weeks ago and was gone within an hour.

Rag and Bone man comes round where I live, shouting it out, noisy ****, every Thursday, drives a van now though with a towbar.

stockdam

If you want to get rid of it for … If you want to get rid of it for free.........http://my.freecycle.org/home/groupsI put a TV on this two weeks ago and was gone within an hour.

Tried going onto this and you need to be signed up to Yahoo groups? WTF like?

slamdunkin

Steptoe and son where rag and bone men

Cant believe people dont know this tune
youtube.com/wat…nJw
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants