Groups

Do retailers record serial numbers of ipods when sold?

Just wondering cuz we´re expecting a delivery of one and it´s overdue.
    So I thought if they should keep record of the serials and who they´re sold to,
    it might be trackable to see if it´s really lost in the mail or someone snatched it
    (provided they go online with it)?
    Hmmmm

7 Comments

Not sure. But don't think so.
    I would believe after itunes they would know what machine its sync'ed with
    hopefully someone give you better answer

bought an ipod touch from amazon and the serial number was on the receipt in the box-dunno how common this is.

which company was it?

Original Poster

barky;5889570

bought an ipod touch from amazon and the serial number was on the receipt … bought an ipod touch from amazon and the serial number was on the receipt in the box-dunno how common this is.

I got my 16GB Ipod touch from amazon in may and there was no serial on the receipt.
    You sure it was on yours and not just the stock number they picked it from?

Original Poster

leecher;5889616

which company was it?

Amazon too, they also only sent it by normal royal mail (supersaver)so no tracking number :-O
    Shocking considering they tell people to return pretty much everything recorded.

TanyaSpace;5889633

I got my 16GB Ipod touch from amazon in may and there was no serial on … I got my 16GB Ipod touch from amazon in may and there was no serial on the receipt.You sure it was on yours and not just the stock number they picked it from?

deffo the serial number m8.

Original Poster

Hm I just checked again and my receipt for the other ipod had a number on it, wasn´t the serial though.
    So I assume it´s the stock (pick) number

EDIT: Just looked (googled) and the numbers were UPC and ASIN, so no serial on the receipt here.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?33195
      2. 'Hard' Brexit offers '£135bn annual boost' to economy - BBC News56
      3. RIP DOCTOR WHO710
      4. USS Indianapolis wreckage to be considered as a war memorial1218

See more discussions