Groups

Do spanx work?

Hi....this is mainly directed at the women on this site.

I have a wedding to go to in June and I know I won't lose any weight before then. Have decided that it's going to have to be those control pant thingies but which one to go for??? I'm wearing a dress that is quite fitted so I want either a long slip or those knickers that go up to your boobs and the control will probably have to be super-duper strong as my belly is out of control! No VPL either.

Do Spanx work? What about Trinny and Susannah ones?Gok Wan? Plie? Or are good old fashioned M&S the ones to go for......would love any recommendations please.

18 Comments

I always wonder,if the woman got a fair bit,well where does it go after so much is held in,do you get a roll elsewhere. Also these Spanx I seen them about,they dear if they don't work.
    Not bought any control underwear ever myself.

I dont know if they work hon...

I would just wear summin loose fitting but pretty, if I was worried what I looked like.

No-one at the wedding is going to be concerned what you weigh. Just get your hair done nice, your nails done and pick out a new dress and a good pair of heels and enjoy yourself.

Your weight isn't important x x x

Banned

I got one from M and S when I was bridesmaid last August, kept everything in as much as it could lol. i chose a strapless one which did the bust, stomach and top of the thighs as it wasnt cut like a knickerline, avoided vpl and could go to the loo without having to take everything off! Would recommend one that has poppers or something though otherwise it rolls up at the bottom-like the slip.

Best to try on in the shop and not wear again until the day-they lose elasticity quickly so dont wear it to get used to it. lol.

would be better to get a different shaped dress to be honest lol I didnt get a choice as bridesmaid.

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5075453

I dont know if they work hon... I would just wear summin loose fitting … I dont know if they work hon... I would just wear summin loose fitting but pretty, if I was worried what I looked like.No-one at the wedding is going to be concerned what you weigh. Just get your hair done nice, your nails done and pick out a new dress and a good pair of heels and enjoy yourself.Your weight isn't important x x x

Thanks for that but I couldn't find a dress I liked apart from this one from Next and I'll be aware that it doesn't look streamlined! Normally I wear what I want and as long as I am happy in it, I don't care two hoots for anyone else's opinion but my friend is dear to me and I really want to look nice for her wedding. All the flowing dresses have low necklines and I need to cover that area so I am limited in my choices.

fern37;5075492

Thanks for that but I couldn't find a dress I liked apart from this one … Thanks for that but I couldn't find a dress I liked apart from this one from Next and I'll be aware that it doesn't look streamlined! Normally I wear what I want and as long as I am happy in it, I don't care two hoots for anyone else's opinion but my friend is dear to me and I really want to look nice for her wedding. All the flowing dresses have low necklines and I need to cover that area so I am limited in my choices.

what dress did you choose sweetie? Is it online?

My missus loves 'em:lol:

The will smooth you out but not hold in too much or it would be uncomfy and just make you bulge out the top and bottom. Id take your dress with you and try some on. I hope you get the results you want x

Original Poster

tigerallstars;5075605

My missus loves 'em:lol:

which ones??? lol

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5075524

what dress did you choose sweetie? Is it online?

eoss.next.co.uk/sea…ce=

The purple dress (regular)

fern37;5075755

http://eoss.next.co.uk/search?p=Q&ts=sale-v2&w=*&cnt=30&nxti=0&nxtv=000&isort=title+rev&sale=ms0n&pfg=triuflu59i&images=on&af=cat%3Awomenswear+sub%3Adresses&div=womenswear&group=dresses&size=&price=The purple dress (regular)

Oh that's gonna look gorgeous. Very classy.

I hope you enjoy the wedding x x x

Original Poster

ClarityofMind;5075873

Oh that's gonna look gorgeous. Very classy. I hope you enjoy the wedding … Oh that's gonna look gorgeous. Very classy. I hope you enjoy the wedding x x x

It's something I can use again. How many of us have outfits we have bought for special occasions and only worn once! I thought a nice creamy/flowery wrap or cardigan to wear over the top would break up the colour a bit.

fern37;5075918

It's something I can use again. How many of us have outfits we have … It's something I can use again. How many of us have outfits we have bought for special occasions and only worn once! I thought a nice creamy/flowery wrap or cardigan to wear over the top would break up the colour a bit.

Yes I wore a normal dress for my own wedding even lol

fern37;5075744

which ones??? lol

The ones on the bum:-D

tigerallstars;5076108

The ones on the bum:-D

men! lol

ClarityofMind;5076121

men! lol

You called:whistling:

tigerallstars;5076151

You called:whistling:

lol

Original Poster

lola;5079205

hi, i remember seeing a post on MSE re tesco magic … hi, i remember seeing a post on MSE re tesco magic pants....http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=1607129&highlight=tesco+pants

Thanks for that and for throwing in another name into the hat!! lol

Just spoke to an american girl who swears by spanx so am more confused that ever before!! lol Guess it is going to be a case of going out and trying loads on! Or wearing a tent!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Royal Mail chat says I am not allowed to send paper of any kind to Hong Kon…2261
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767245
      3. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17826357
      4. word association Game73844477

See more discussions