Groups

Do Store Travel agents try and beat their online prices?

Just a thought.
    I have found a place online, but was wondering if I took it into the same store and showed them, that they may be able to offer say a free childs place?
    I know i will lose the online discount which is £100 odd, but at least 1 free child is £266.
    I dont want to look a plank instore if they wont budge from online prices, so wasnt sure if it was worth a trip or not.

6 Comments

travel AGENTS do not offer free child places-they have no power to do so-its the actual providers who do this.

Original Poster

barky

travel AGENTS do not offer free child places-they have no power to do … travel AGENTS do not offer free child places-they have no power to do so-its the actual providers who do this.

oh I see, so if the hotel was doing free places it would be on the Thomsons website already?! Bummer, oh well at least online savings is over £100, better than nothing

It's worth checking out the same holiday on First Choice ...

....and don't forget the cashback!!

If u take a print put of an online price, the in store agents usually match the price, including online discount!

you dont ask you dont get , always worth a try. If they dont beat the price or give you some incentive you canalways just book online

Original Poster

haha just got back, she was lovely lady, friendly and gave me £2 off the online price.
    She did tell me though that if I eneded up with a problem and booked online i would have to deal with them over phone, but if I booked instore and i got a problem I can deal with it face to face!

But I will do it online as I can get £15 cashback thanks to chesso as I looked through Quidco
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Iphone 6 to which handset?69
      2. Any advice on mobile networks.912
      3. What do I do if item is damaged I bought on eBay.912
      4. £1500 55 inch 4K TV55

See more discussions