Do Talktalk pay for a new BT line to be installed?

9 replies
Found 27th Jan 2009
Basically I need a new line put in, I guess it may physically need putting in as I have one here already but need another. Wondering if Talktalk would pay to put the line in rather than £125 from BT plus £70 I believe as I'd be leaving them straight away. I think post office do the same for about £110 but with no leaving fee so I may be better to get them to do it if Talktalk won't pay for it.

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
9 Comments

Talktak should be able to install lines under whats called wholesale line rental, if not try utilitywarehouse.co.uk/hom…taf

If you in an LLU area you do the whole lot thru talk talk, if your not you need to get BT to put the line in and then have talk talk bill you for the calls using cps.

You mention you have one and need another, whats it for?? Doesnt your broadband provide you with a voip line you could use??

I think it's only sky that will cough up iirc

Original Poster

jase.2;4206132

You mention you have one and need another, whats it for?? Doesnt your … You mention you have one and need another, whats it for?? Doesnt your broadband provide you with a voip line you could use??

long story!

Original Poster

jtx;4206273

I think it's only sky that will cough up iirc

Think that's right, probably best to go through post office and then switch straight away if talktalk can't install the new line?

Original Poster

Paddy_o_furniture;4206055

Talktak should be able to install lines under whats called wholesale line … Talktak should be able to install lines under whats called wholesale line rental, if not try https://www.utilitywarehouse.co.uk/home/home_phone/New_phone_line_installation.taf

Very interesting, thankyou. Looks a little cheaper than post office, I assume there's no tie in or anything? Just get them to install a line then talktalk take over?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;4206799

Talk talk can't install new lines from scratch, however if you have a … Talk talk can't install new lines from scratch, however if you have a contract with them and are moving to a new house without a BT line then they will install one there for you. And least that was the policy as of September 2008.

Makes sense, thanks.

BT/Openreach has put the facility in place where olos (other licensed operators) can install lines using Openreach, post office can do it, utility warehouse, sky and others use this process and I'd be suprised if talk talk/opal don't
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Driving anxiety.3050
    2. Switch from BT to BT same property different person511
    3. Invisalign dental braces in London34
    4. Is this expensive?1018

See more discussions