Do tesco still do double the difference if you are over charged?

Found 24th Nov 2012
Today I saw an item on the shelf for £44.97 then I scanned it at the price check machine and it showed £54.97. If I bought it for £54.97 and went to customer services would I get double the difference. Cheers
Community Updates
Misc
7 Comments
I think they've done away with this as some peole took advantage but i'm not 100% sure Sorry
I got double back after the cashier scanned the same item twice, that was 3 days ago.
i got double the differance last week when a half price item went through as full price the terms and conditions promising it were on the wall at the back of customer services but they can be awkward if you haven't actually taken it and come back
I believe the double the difference is at the discretion of the store manager rather than from HQ. Most stores will allow double the difference but ones with low margins or high incidents of customers claiming things then the manager will not allow it. Odds are you will get the double the difference.
Thanks all think I'll go Tomoz and give it ago
Just been told that Double The Difference was "in-store only" and didn't apply to online orders. Shame they closed my local store so I have little choice. The policy isn't consistent - I got DTD refund on an overcharge in last week's order, but only a straight refund of the overcharge this week.
The_Pope

Just been told that Double The Difference was "in-store only" and didn't … Just been told that Double The Difference was "in-store only" and didn't apply to online orders. Shame they closed my local store so I have little choice. The policy isn't consistent - I got DTD refund on an overcharge in last week's order, but only a straight refund of the overcharge this week.

Tesco customer service is awesome just email a complaining and they'll sort you out.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants