Groups

Do the "Bus Stop"

I want to know why people do the "Bus stop"? Not the dance, but the practice of waiting at the corner for a bus, and then running to the stop when it appears in the distance.

It doesn't come any quicker, so why do it? It's even worse when I see more than one person doing it.

The bus shelter on my street is perfectly adequate, and installed at a huge cost, so why don't they use it?

27 Comments

Original Poster

http://i254.photobucket.com/albums/hh89/thesaint01/Busstop-1.jpg

But how funny is it when the bus beats them and they miss it:-D

i lol'd.

strong photoshopping skills ITT.

note: diagram is not to scale

in my area, 2 buses come round the same corner, so whatever coems first they get.

i haven't seen anyone do this.

Is there a dance called the 'Bus stop'?

We haven't got a bus stop and only one bus a day so there's none of that sort of shannanigans goes on here.
    I would think that strong words would be written in the parish magazine if anything similar ( I can't think what - perhaps rushing out of the house to meet the postman) occurred. The whole thing would be nipped in the bud straight away.

I don't think I've ever seen anyone do this, but I'm going to be on the look out now!!

If you've done it then you must know why?!?!

Perhaps it makes it more exciting?

Original Poster

chesso;3638410

Is there a dance called the 'Bus stop'?

uk.youtube.com/wat…xac

brb...helping lil'saint with homework.

thesaint;3638552

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PeeOPR8bxacbrb...helping lil'saint with … http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=PeeOPR8bxacbrb...helping lil'saint with homework.

http://i261.photobucket.com/albums/ii78/chesso_photos/general/busstopdance.jpg

Very worrying!

The thing I don't get is, when people wait around for ages for the bus, and then they get on...and haven't even got their money ready!?!? Why do they do this?

Banned

chesso;3638625

Very worrying!

was I the only one who thought there was a new feature on HUKD allowing you to post youtube videos, and tried clicking play?? :oops: :oops: :oops:

ha ha ha the best ones are the oldies who suddnly forget they have been using a walking stick for 10 years and break into a sprint (well jog) how fast do they move

salder21;3638826

was I the only one who thought there was a new feature on HUKD allowing … was I the only one who thought there was a new feature on HUKD allowing you to post youtube videos, and tried clicking play?? :oops: :oops: :oops:

pmsl you big dafty

alnbowes;3638891

ha ha ha the best ones are the oldies who suddnly forget they have been … ha ha ha the best ones are the oldies who suddnly forget they have been using a walking stick for 10 years and break into a sprint (well jog) how fast do they move

:w00t: :giggle:

kids in bed yet?

salder21;3638826

was I the only one who thought there was a new feature on HUKD allowing … was I the only one who thought there was a new feature on HUKD allowing you to post youtube videos, and tried clicking play?? :oops: :oops: :oops:

Excellent :thumbsup:
    I must scatter these thinly through the forum!! :evil:
    One or two a day. I've baggsied!!

Banned

lyndsbowes;3639047

pmsl you big dafty

uh huh :oops: lol

chesso;3639067

Excellent :thumbsup:I must scatter these thinly through the forum!! … Excellent :thumbsup:I must scatter these thinly through the forum!! :evil:One or two a day. I've baggsied!!

nooooooooo!! lol

Original Poster

jellybaby22;3638472

:lol: i have seen this and been guilty of doing it..no idea why though ...

Well as you are the only person to do this, you are going to have to explain your actions to the rest of us.

You have 24 hours.

Banned

thesaint;3641114

Well as you are the only person to do this, you are going to have to … Well as you are the only person to do this, you are going to have to explain your actions to the rest of us. You have 24 hours.

http://topic.slsknet.org/image/24-logo-1.jpg

I want to know why you are watching people doing the bus stop?

Banned

thesaint;3638222

Strong racism! ^^^^^^^

fireheaven;3641664

Who knows! Database?

Original Poster

dcx_badass;3641599

I do this everyday, you can see the bus from along way away, and where I … I do this everyday, you can see the bus from along way away, and where I wait is sheletered unlike the bus stop also if it doesn't come by a certain time then I walk, so I don't want to start walking only for it to go past me 5 mins later.

I understand that, but these people aren't doing that. The people waiting are going into town, which is a 30 minute walk from here. There isn't a choice of buses until you walk for at least 15 minutes.
    The bus stop has one of those electronic gizmo's that tell them when the bus is coming anyway.

fireheaven;3641664

I walk when I do the school run. I tend to have my eyes open when doing so.

jellybaby22;3641811

I dont know why I do it..but I do..never wait at the bus stop but run to … I dont know why I do it..but I do..never wait at the bus stop but run to it when the bus appears..:o

You realise that you have the solution to one of life's mysteries?

I do this sometimes. from the corner you can see another stop, i go to the stop which is going to get a bus first.

LOL @ people who use the bus.

Double LOL @ people who get annoyed by other people using the bus.

jellybaby22;3641940

lol at you riding your bike......to school probably

Nah I walk to school. It takes me like 5 minutes.

I'm having driving lessons at the moment though so I will be able to drive to school soon!

thesaint;3641878

I understand that, but these people aren't doing that. The people … I understand that, but these people aren't doing that. The people waiting are going into town, which is a 30 minute walk from here. There isn't a choice of buses until you walk for at least 15 minutes.The bus stop has one of those electronic gizmo's that tell them when the bus is coming anyway.

The countdown system?

In Northampton, they actually work, but they placed them where the buses are so frequent and a lot of the time turn up together eg the welly road you wonder why they bothered :thinking:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any better deals after year's Sky subscription is nearly up?22
      2. sky q is it a good deal?55
      3. Speccing a gaming pc37
      4. help: windows 10 wifi issue55

See more discussions