Expired

Do the Dualshock 4 V2 need thumb grips?

Found 5th Oct 2017
Hey guys, i've just picked a new PS4 Pro today (thanks to this awesome site) and was wondering what the durability of the thumb sticks are like on the V2 controller?

I've had thumb grips on my original dualshock since the 1st week of launch (bought as soon as I heard they were wearing out quickly), and it's kept them in great condition - is it recommended to get some for V2 controllers or not?

Thanks!

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
4 Comments

They are no different, I'm not particularly impressed with their grippiness.

Reports of problems with the thumbsticks were greatly exaggerated. You don't need anything additional with with eihter the original or revised version of the Dualshock 4.

Illusionary9 m ago

Reports of problems with the thumbsticks were greatly exaggerated. You …Reports of problems with the thumbsticks were greatly exaggerated. You don't need anything additional with with eihter the original or revised version of the Dualshock 4.

Exactly, before buying mine I was thinking should I order them (grips) due to the comments, but decided to see what the fuss is all about. Once it came there were few slips due to it being new, however I think it was a couple of weeks later that slippery surface started to wear off.

Original Poster

No problem, many thanks guys
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants