Do the new Xbox 360s still break often?

Found 14th Jul 2009
Just wondering but have MS decreased the chances of RROD yet on xbox's being made?

16 Comments

No they have just changed the way it acts when it RROD's

any idea what causes them to freeze?

is it cureable?

thanks in advance

cathglend;5742826

any idea what causes them to freeze? is it cureable?thanks in advance

Can be a few things, best thing to do is keep it cool and leave it on the dashboard after playing so it can cool down before bein turned off and stop the heat stayin inside.

They just renamed the chip.

oofft our elite has been sent away twice this year to be sorted, only over a year old, so annoying as it feels like you have lost a limb when it breaks lol

yes after 4 360's ive gone to PS3 (had my PS2 for 9 years LOL and still plays good now)

Banned

Abvance;5742866

They just renamed the chip.

surely the jasper isnt exactly the same chip as a falcon :w00t:

touch wood still not had problem with my 360, purchased on release date so many years ago

Just try and keep in an open space so heat can escape

cathglend;5742826

any idea what causes them to freeze? is it cureable?thanks in advance

its cheap parts for a cheap console :w00t:

Trauts78;5743044

touch wood still not had problem with my 360, purchased on release date … touch wood still not had problem with my 360, purchased on release date so many years agoJust try and keep in an open space so heat can escape

Microsoft should run a competition to find the launch day consoles that have NOT RROD'd...

I heard the newer ones have a improved motherboard but even today I'm on my first xbox which i had for 2 and a half years and hasnt had any problems

Flodd;5743981

Microsoft should run a competition to find the launch day consoles that … Microsoft should run a competition to find the launch day consoles that have NOT RROD'd...

There is none One week old ones are RRoD'ing

Ive owned 5 360's only one has RRoD'ed 2 have E74'd and sold the other 1 in time, lol

The other i still have lol

banthedrummer;5742939

yes after 4 360's ive gone to PS3 (had my PS2 for 9 years LOL and still … yes after 4 360's ive gone to PS3 (had my PS2 for 9 years LOL and still plays good now)

4? try 11 for me (although the 11th is still working after getting RROD).

I went to PS3 but always went back.

11!! Jeso!! you would think they would give you a new Xbox for your inconvienance! I was ragin that my elite has died twice lol... My original xbox which i gave to my sister has never had any problems!

Dellboy182;5742834

Can be a few things, best thing to do is keep it cool and leave it on the … Can be a few things, best thing to do is keep it cool and leave it on the dashboard after playing so it can cool down before bein turned off and stop the heat stayin inside.

It has been sent back twice to microsoft due to the 3 red light issue. We have a computer fan pushing cold air into it to help keep it cool.

It's so annoying, love the console.
Luckily we have a PS2, PS3 & a wii to fall back on when my son want to place on the console, but that's not the point!

tonico;5743871

its cheap parts for a cheap console :w00t:

yeh!! No way getting rid of it, Might have to trade it in for a new model!

:whistling:
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Anger over Donald Trump's UK crime tweet3268
    2. HUKD Satellite Information & IPTV Thread48810991
    3. One4all gift cards can only be converted to Amazon codes until MIDNIGHT TON…44
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769578

See more discussions