do those anti spider plug things work?

Found 9th May 2012
just saw my first spider ...not nice hate them!

so was thinking of buying those things u plug in the wall that emitt a signal to stop spiders coming in. or am i making it up? if they do exist are they any good and can u recommend me one please
Community Updates
Misc
46 Comments
Banned
Just kill the spider. Those gadgets are a waste of money.

MB also I think you should just consolidate all your threads into just one as they all relate to the purhcase of your new home
Mod & Ed
you're turning into progain oO

no they don't mb, I've tried allsorts as I'm terrified of them & sadly none worked for me
unless they do work & they're just attracted to my animal magnetism oO
Normally you see spiders in the autumn. Coming indoors for the winter. Maybe this is saying summer is over already.
Dont know if they work sorry.
I think that's for rats
Original Poster
i'm not progain

but yes maybe i should start a 'help me i've just moved and i'm in need of misk to help me set up the house!'

ok so no help for me

Original Poster
jellybaby22

They don't work...don't do it mb...I got one a d I swear it attracted … They don't work...don't do it mb...I got one a d I swear it attracted them...it was like a spider disco round my plug socket.... Just thinking about it is giving me the heebeegeebees

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

scurrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!
I swear by this this stuff mb it does work.
get some cats

we have 3 catsand a dog

have not seen a spider in months lol
Original Poster
Havince

get some catswe have 3 catsand a doghave not seen a spider in months lol

scared of all animals!
Original Poster
fluffyundacrakas

wow reviewed really well as well. do u spray it everywhere? all windows and doors?
jellybaby22

They don't work...don't do it mb...I got one a d I swear it attracted … They don't work...don't do it mb...I got one a d I swear it attracted them...it was like a spider disco round my plug socket.... Just thinking about it is giving me the heebeegeebees

Spiderman disco moves
X)
Edited by: "WoolyM" 9th May 2012
Banned
I got some and they definitely worked!!!

My Mrs is petrified of spiders and we have honestly not seen one since they have been plugged in.

The house we live in is quite old so there is lots of nooks and crannies for them to hide in, but we never see them!

I would 100% Recommend them.

We also have two small dogs and they are unaffected by them!
Just for you MB
http://media.ebaumsworld.com/picture/cleptic_monkey/Arachnophobia.png
magicbeans

wow reviewed really well as well. do u spray it everywhere? all windows … wow reviewed really well as well. do u spray it everywhere? all windows and doors?

Yep, windows and doors and pretty much everywhere. I’ve been using it for about 8 years now and only recently bought a new bottle so it is very cost effective too.
fluffyundacrakas

Not happy you have not told me about that before fluffs - you know my dislike of spiders

ps we get some massive ones Catch them under a glass until OH gets home then he puts them out.
dga

Learn to eat them, they become a treat that comes to you

Shergold likes his treats - might recommend.
Its possible that that is why the old owners sold up.

Not trying to scare you though oO
maccy1

Not happy you have not told me about that before fluffs - you know my … Not happy you have not told me about that before fluffs - you know my dislike of spiders :Dps we get some massive ones Catch them under a glass until OH gets home then he puts them out.

Sorry maccy, I didn't think When I used to live in the country we would get massive spiders there, this stuff worked a treat.
My mates gran used to put conkers in the corners of the room. Apparantly spiders hate the smell! She was a tad odd though...
Banned
I use these traps LINK, you can get them at homebase too, I have a phobia and dot these around the house at skirting boards, I bought about 50 last year and they do trap the big spiders, I also use double sided carpet tape(heavy duty) stuck to thin strips of plastic/cardboard and place these at internal doors so to stop them from going from room to room. I recommend placing loads of these traps around your bed for extra peace of mind .
Banned
FORGET CONKERS
This thread is making me itch now, plus I am looking in all the corners lols.

I will be trying the spray.
Edited by: "maccy1" 9th May 2012
Mod & Ed
dga

Learn to eat them, they become a treat that comes to you

thats why I sleep with a stocking over my head in mating season
momartin

My mates gran used to put conkers in the corners of the room. Apparantly … My mates gran used to put conkers in the corners of the room. Apparantly spiders hate the smell! She was a tad odd though...

I heard that about cork as well. Dont know of its true
Leave the spiders to it, they will get the flies in the summer, the more the merrier they are harmless enough.
dga

Imagine falling over and not being able to get up whilst thousands of … Imagine falling over and not being able to get up whilst thousands of baby spiders crawl over you...their first ever meal oOToo much?

Far too much dga

Banned
harlzter

Leave the spiders to it, they will get the flies in the summer, the more … Leave the spiders to it, they will get the flies in the summer, the more the merrier they are harmless enough.

don't be daft, spiders bite, this is where my phobia started, at primary school I was playing with one in the sink and it bit my finger , drew blood aswell, very painful.
dga

Imagine falling over and not being able to get up whilst thousands of … Imagine falling over and not being able to get up whilst thousands of baby spiders crawl over you...their first ever meal oOToo much?

dga!!!!!!!!!!!
You little s...
maccy1

You little s...

....pider?
Banned
get rid of any cardboard boxes as they love them
Banned
churchill

get rid of any cardboard boxes as they love them

A bit harsh, some people on here live in cardboard boxes
Banned
goldmax

A bit harsh, some people on here live in cardboard boxes

Lol yeah thats why its great for MB as it gets rid of spiders and all the HUKD Tramps squating in the Box oO
....sniper
Banned
http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh176/GREYSKULL_2008/SPIDER.gif[/img]

http://www.ohmagif.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/bite-in-bathroom.gif

Edited by: "churchill" 9th May 2012
Banned
http://25.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_ly6t5wg5eQ1rnku50o1_250.gif
Banned
http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m21p09wdcn1qgxyxw.gif
No idea why I clicked again
They're not as good as my anti-tiger rock.

28 years I've had it and not seen a single tiger...
http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s308/harlzter/huge-spider-on-the-ceiling.gif
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants