Groups

Do three (3G Hutchinson) mobile unlock the iPhone 4 bought on contract?

Does anyone have any experience of getting their iPhone 4 unlocked from 3?

Thanks.

Josh

16 Comments

Banned

I think not. Not 100% sure but I think people have said they won't. In fact I think it might be the case that only o2 unlock them?

Original Poster

vibeone

I think not. Not 100% sure but I think people have said they won't. In … I think not. Not 100% sure but I think people have said they won't. In fact I think it might be the case that only o2 unlock them?

I thought that might be the case, but I know that in Australia both 3 and Vodafone unlock them, but I can find anything on Goole about unlocks in the UK. I tried calling customer (dis-)service this morning, but I was placed in hold indefinitely it seems so gave up.

Josh

Banned

r3tract

I thought that might be the case, but I know that in Australia both 3 and … I thought that might be the case, but I know that in Australia both 3 and Vodafone unlock them, but I can find anything on Goole about unlocks in the UK. I tried calling customer (dis-)service this morning, but I was placed in hold indefinitely it seems so gave up.Josh

3 is a great network (seriously - it is) as long as you never have to call customer services.

Original Poster

Yeah I've found that the Network Coverage (Particularly 3G coverage) beats Vodaone hands down, even though I get slightly slower DL speeds, I have 3G signal almost the while time.

But yes, I have found the CS to be absolutely appalling.

Josh

Original Poster

Anyone else know?

Josh

They told me it is not locked, have you tried another micro sim?

Original Poster

Oh really! I'll have to try it then, I've got a Vodafone microsim too so I'll give it a go when I get home

Josh

r3tract

Oh really! I'll have to try it then, I've got a Vodafone microsim too so … Oh really! I'll have to try it then, I've got a Vodafone microsim too so I'll give it a go when I get home :)Josh

Please post your findings here as I do not have a different micro sim and am curious myself. But they did insist it was not locked.

Original Poster

That would help the resale value if it is I'm thinking of trading mine for an iPad lol!

Josh

Well?

Original Poster

I forgot that my Vodafone one was disconnected when I changed networks to 3 lol, so I'm not sure, I put the SIM in and no error messages came up, but then again I couldn't call either, so I'm going to get my wife to pick a PAYG micro sim up from Vodafone on her way back home from work.

Josh

I know it's not the same as an official unlock, but you could jailbreak and unlock it.

Original Poster

I could, if 3 mobile sold phones with 4.0.1 on them lol.

4.0.2 straight out of the box unfortunately!

Josh

I await with interest.

Original Poster

Ok, so here's the deal - they don't come unlocked - but 3 do unlock them within 24hrs for you for £15.

So it isn't too bad!

Josh

Thanks for that, typical 3 though, haven't a clue.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …233740
      2. Aloha! Flamedeer Vacation is LIVE (until August 28th at 5pm)2837
      3. Show us your Photos 2017. August's Theme - Animals30404
      4. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!523452

See more discussions