Groups

Do Topcashback throttle confirmed payments at Christmas?

May just me been cynical but do Topcashback throttle payments around Christmas.

I have stayed in Best Westerns for the best part of three years. What normally happens is the payment goes to Confirmed then payable within 24 hours. But I've now been waiting two weeks and it's not moved from confirmed to payable yet, and this has never taken this long in the past.

11 Comments

some of my payments have stayed in confirmed for months, not just at Xmas time either

topcashback are really annoying. don't count on getting any cashback from them, more often than not they give you rubbish excuses for not paying out.

Original Poster

They've been pretty good for me to be honest. Quidco were worse back in the day but not used them recently. Just strange how payments have slowed when traditionally they come through quickly for best western

I've always found them to be good, yes they can be slow, but I always have had the full amount paid. can't say the same for quidco, 3 perfectly acceptable transactions rejected, put in claim, rejected, complained and they are looking into in - over £150 worth. even the person I spoke to said I'd followed everything correctly.
    I have noticed recently though, quidco offering better 'one off' deals. yet none yate show tracked correctly yet!

jamieww

I've always found them to be good, yes they can be slow, but I always … I've always found them to be good, yes they can be slow, but I always have had the full amount paid. can't say the same for quidco, 3 perfectly acceptable transactions rejected, put in claim, rejected, complained and they are looking into in - over £150 worth. even the person I spoke to said I'd followed everything correctly.I have noticed recently though, quidco offering better 'one off' deals. yet none yate show tracked correctly yet!

Been having issues with both recently, though have received the grand sum of £4.11 from tcb (inc 10p win from Xmas treat ) and £1.47 from quidco (old transaction) in amazon card in the last week. Pretty much every transaction I've had with both recently have been a right old mess, 5 purchases, 3 claims for untracked purchases, now I remember why I stopped using these companies. Oh and friend referral not tracked either

Someone posted about taking screen shots of every page, which I have started to do so if you have to complain, your case will be full proof

LillyM

Someone posted about taking screen shots of every page, which I have … Someone posted about taking screen shots of every page, which I have started to do so if you have to complain, your case will be full proof

​that's a really good idea, if you have that proof it's hard to try say you didn't do it right.
    thanks for the info.

LillyM

Been having issues with both recently, though have received the grand sum … Been having issues with both recently, though have received the grand sum of £4.11 from tcb (inc 10p win from Xmas treat ) and £1.47 from quidco (old transaction) in amazon card in the last week. Pretty much every transaction I've had with both recently have been a right old mess, 5 purchases, 3 claims for untracked purchases, now I remember why I stopped using these companies. Oh and friend referral not tracked either

​nightmare, I do think that people can easily be conned by the promises, I'd prefer a direct % discount at point to of sale rather than wait 4 or 6 months for possible cash

not sure but quidco is pretty trash, taking 2 months to give me £15 cashback from justeat

Original Poster

murtgurge

not sure but quidco is pretty trash, taking 2 months to give me £15 … not sure but quidco is pretty trash, taking 2 months to give me £15 cashback from justeat

Yeah Best Western is normally 2 months to go to Confirmed then 24 hours to payable. No joy yet!

Original Poster

Still waiting, more been added to confirmed section too!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Virgin Media - what is a good price?39
      2. Sportsmania.eu down. Any alternatives?2853
      3. Tenant rights for failing agreement to replace carpets1021
      4. Is this a Nespresso capsules compatible machine?11

See more discussions