Do Virgin Mobile have deals at Black Friday?

Posted 9th Jun 2020
We're due an upgrade (wifey and me) on our Galaxy S8 in October/November, and I was wondering if it would be worthwhile holding off til BF to see if any deals pop up?

Do they usually include contract phones in deals? I'm not bothered about the contract for minutes, data, etc as we are on the lowest contract and only pay ~£1 per month for that, I'm thinking more about the monthly payments for the phone itself.

Any advice would be great, cheers
Community Updates
6 Comments
They did last year, I took out one, they only offered three year contracts though. I ended up cancelling within my 14 days and taking one with o2.
Yes, really really bad ones
Kratos6909/06/2020 11:47

They did last year, I took out one, they only offered three year contracts …They did last year, I took out one, they only offered three year contracts though. I ended up cancelling within my 14 days and taking one with o2.

Was the saving at all decent? I don't mind the contract length, our current phones are 3 years, but I'd be tempted to do a trade in on our S8s now as we only have £100 each left to pay on the contracts, if the saving in November isn't going to be worth it.

Thanks for the info.
Caltonian09/06/2020 11:58

Was the saving at all decent? I don't mind the contract length, our …Was the saving at all decent? I don't mind the contract length, our current phones are 3 years, but I'd be tempted to do a trade in on our S8s now as we only have £100 each left to pay on the contracts, if the saving in November isn't going to be worth it. Thanks for the info.

Just looked back on the deal. The iPhone 11 had just dropped. It was £35 a month for the 11, 64GB model, 100GB a month and 5000 mins and texts. A very good deal and to this day you can’t get anything close to that at the moment. It was a three year contract.
Kratos6909/06/2020 12:01

Just looked back on the deal. The iPhone 11 had just dropped. It was £35 a …Just looked back on the deal. The iPhone 11 had just dropped. It was £35 a month for the 11, 64GB model, 100GB a month and 5000 mins and texts. A very good deal and to this day you can’t get anything close to that at the moment. It was a three year contract.

Mind if I ask why you cancelled it? Better deal, or not happy with the phone?
Caltonian09/06/2020 12:04

Mind if I ask why you cancelled it? Better deal, or not happy with the …Mind if I ask why you cancelled it? Better deal, or not happy with the phone?

Of course, I found it on o2 a couple of days later on a two year contract for £37 a month and went through vouchercodes and got a £30 Currys voucher. I knew I’d make use of the voucher and ideally was looking for a 2 instead of 3 year contract from the start.
Post a comment
@
    Text