Do women like hairy guys

Found 11th Mar 2014
Sorry for the strange thread but I really wanna know, I am hairy than your average guy. I have hairy arms, hairy stomach, very hairy legs etc.

As you might of guessed I am single, I'm not getting any younger at 28 now I believe my hairy body puts women off going out with me, I don't want to shave and cant afford laser hair removal unfortunately.

I have wanted to join a gym for awhile but I put it off all the time thinking there wont be any other guy as hairy as me at the gym and hair with muscle probably looks wrong.

170 Comments

Believe in yourself...... anyone who cares about you will not see any "hair" - honestly, your're only 28 - enjoy life!!!

In my opinion (for what it's worth) women are generally far less shallow than men.
I would say that women like 'likeable' men.

. . and, you're not hairy, you're hirsute.

Hairy men are ace on them cold winter nights IMO!

If she don't like you for you then she isn't worth knowing!

Banned

you sound quite normal tbh

men are supposed to have hair in all those places?

Banned

I mean it's not like this is it ?
[img]thestudentroom.co.uk/att…php?attachmentid=198060&d=1360699040[/img]

Original Poster

ewwaxo

I mean it's not like this is it … I mean it's not like this is it ?[img]http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=198060&d=1360699040[/img]

Haha not that bad

I thought about trimming the hair with a clipper but is that noticeable?

Seems that you probably have more issues with your body image than others resulting in your own confidence (or lack of) affecting your social interactions.
My advice? Be yourself and like minded people will respect that.

Edited by: "Azztec" 11th Mar 2014

How do I word this?

In my experience, women like playing with it.

Ballard

Haha not that badI thought about trimming the hair with a clipper but is … Haha not that badI thought about trimming the hair with a clipper but is that noticeable?

Leave it alone. You'll be itching like mad as it grows back otherwise.

Learn to love your inner Wookie!
Edited by: "Biddy2" 11th Mar 2014

ewwaxo

I mean it's not like this is it … I mean it's not like this is it ?[img]http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/attachment.php?attachmentid=198060&d=1360699040[/img]

Is that John Virgo doing one of his impressions?

ewwaxo

The original Onesie !

Ballard

Haha not that badI thought about trimming the hair with a clipper but is … Haha not that badI thought about trimming the hair with a clipper but is that noticeable?

pics or u are lieing

hairy legs are lush, arms ok, chest not too much

hary back a defo no no

I'm hairy and have never had any problems!

As Azztec said, it sounds to be more a confidence thing.

like you I have the same problem, even as a child I was covered in hair, even my face..
It didn't help my confidence when I expressed my concern to my mother, who told me not to be silly now, and go comb your face..:(
Edited by: "CookinBat" 11th Mar 2014

If you start plucking, waxing or shaving your body hair you will end up with a rash and make it more noticeable.

Leave your body hair alone except around your ............ Where a trim every now and then is ok.

If a woman doesn't like you because of body hair, then she isn't for you. If you're only 28, there is plenty of time to find someone who loves you for being exactly as you are.

Being unconfident will put the birds off more than any perceived insecurity about how you look.

My fellas quite hairy, it doesn't bother me at all, I think men look more manly with hair, if he was to shave it all off then I think he would look daft.

absolutely. I think its quite sexy & v masculine. although top of my list is the man himself. what he looks like underneath is irrelevant.

The only thing worse than a guy who waxes his chest, is a guy who shaves it and get's that horrible prickly stuff. A bit of chest hair is good, back hair is not so good X)

Subscribing to this thread for potential future Mrs Mikethemancs - A fan of the chest wig is always welcome in my house

Mikethemanc

Subscribing to this thread for potential future Mrs Mikethemancs - A fan … Subscribing to this thread for potential future Mrs Mikethemancs - A fan of the chest wig is always welcome in my house

I'm not sure the current Mrs Mikethemanc would be too welcoming

I don't find anything wrong with hairy blokes, i actually don't like pretty boys who wax and spent more time in the mirror than me. If you've got a good personality you've got nothing to worry about ;-)

deeky

Is that John Virgo doing one of his impressions?

X)

vics219

I'm not sure the current Mrs Mikethemanc would be too welcoming

She'd be fine with it. In fact, she'd insist i condition and comb it first

wild84

I don't find anything wrong with hairy blokes, i actually don't like … I don't find anything wrong with hairy blokes, i actually don't like pretty boys who wax and spent more time in the mirror than me. If you've got a good personality you've got nothing to worry about ;-)

Where are all these women that like a bloke with a good personality? My best mate "Fat Jock" has been looking for one for years.
Edited by: "OldEnglish" 11th Mar 2014

wild84

I don't find anything wrong with hairy blokes, i actually don't like … I don't find anything wrong with hairy blokes, i actually don't like pretty boys who wax and spent more time in the mirror than me. If you've got a good personality you've got nothing to worry about ;-)

But...what if the guy looks like The Hunchback of Notre-Dame ?

Hypothetically, where would you stand then ?

DestinyCalls815

But...what if the guy looks like The Hunchback of Notre-Dame … But...what if the guy looks like The Hunchback of Notre-Dame ?Hypothetically, where would you stand then ?;)

On his face i reckon?

Mikethemanc

On his face i reckon?

X)

OldEnglish

Where are all these women that like a bloke with a good personality? My … Where are all these women that like a bloke with a good personality? My best mate "Fat Jock" has been looking for one for years.

In my own experience the right person will just come along, not necessarily when your looking for it.
I met my husband playing on call of duty 4 and didnt even know what he looked like till i met him.

Banned

so to conclude. you're okay if as long as you don't have a hairy back and shoulders?

vics219

The only thing worse than a guy who waxes his chest, is a guy who shaves … The only thing worse than a guy who waxes his chest, is a guy who shaves it and get's that horrible prickly stuff. A bit of chest hair is good, back hair is not so good X)

You're just jealous, Vics. X)

I don't have a hairy back, but I do have shoulder hair. I don't care though and neither do the monkeys when I sit to eat dinner with them.

biddilybah

You're just jealous, Vics. I don't have a hairy back, but I do have … You're just jealous, Vics. I don't have a hairy back, but I do have shoulder hair. I don't care though and neither do the monkeys when I sit to eat dinner with them.

X)

I will always imagine you with big hairy shoulders now X)

You must just be surrounded by fussy women.

Some of us can't afford to pick and choose!

DestinyCalls815

But...what if the guy looks like The Hunchback of Notre-Dame … But...what if the guy looks like The Hunchback of Notre-Dame ?Hypothetically, where would you stand then ?;)

There has to be some attraction for a healthy sex life. But most people have at least one thing going for them.

You know when us girls look at pics of hot guys with all the muscles, a nice golden tan and not a hair in sight, covered in a night coating of oil... well most of us melt at the knees a little but it's not as good as you think it will be. I was dating a guy just like that a few weeks ago and in reality it's just a pain. He was more obsessed with his own body than mine, 2 hours a day in the gym, trips to the sunbed which will either give him wrinkles or skin cancer. We could rarely have normal food, it all had to be super healthy stuff followed by a protein shake. I could never get in the bathroom and he took longer to get ready for a night out than I did. Oh and the smell of hair removal cream is just not attractive.

Don't get me wrong, the six pack was nice at first but the novelty soon wears off. It's just nice to have a bit of a snuggle up with someone normal who has a bit of chest hair to play with.

I do draw the line at shoulder hair though X)

vics219

You know when us girls look at pics of hot guys with all the muscles, a … You know when us girls look at pics of hot guys with all the muscles, a nice golden tan and not a hair in sight, covered in a night coating of oil... well most of us melt at the knees a little but it's not as good as you think it will be. I was dating a guy just like that a few weeks ago and in reality it's just a pain. He was more obsessed with his own body than mine, 2 hours a day in the gym, trips to the sunbed which will either give him wrinkles or skin cancer. We could rarely have normal food, it all had to be super healthy stuff followed by a protein shake. I could never get in the bathroom and he took longer to get ready for a night out than I did. Oh and the smell of hair removal cream is just not attractive. Don't get me wrong, the six pack was nice at first but the novelty soon wears off. It's just nice to have a bit of a snuggle up with someone normal who has a bit of chest hair to play with.I do draw the line at shoulder hair though X)

Oh God, you just described my ex X)

wild84

In my own experience the right person will just come along, not … In my own experience the right person will just come along, not necessarily when your looking for it.I met my husband playing on call of duty 4 and didnt even know what he looked like till i met him.

Will tell "Fat jock" to get a Xbox. At the moment if he's not out in this scrap van he's in the club drinking.

vics219

You know when us girls look at pics of hot guys with all the muscles, a … You know when us girls look at pics of hot guys with all the muscles, a nice golden tan and not a hair in sight, covered in a night coating of oil... well most of us melt at the knees a little but it's not as good as you think it will be. I was dating a guy just like that a few weeks ago and in reality it's just a pain. He was more obsessed with his own body than mine, 2 hours a day in the gym, trips to the sunbed which will either give him wrinkles or skin cancer. We could rarely have normal food, it all had to be super healthy stuff followed by a protein shake. I could never get in the bathroom and he took longer to get ready for a night out than I did. Oh and the smell of hair removal cream is just not attractive. Don't get me wrong, the six pack was nice at first but the novelty soon wears off. It's just nice to have a bit of a snuggle up with someone normal who has a bit of chest hair to play with.I do draw the line at shoulder hair though X)

You don't know what your missing Vics! Mosquitos just bounce straight off me. I'm untouchable to them. To show off my manliness on holiday, I intimidate all the other men getting bitten by them by stripping naked and standing there like a God!

Edited by: "Biddy2" 11th Mar 2014

vics219

Sounds like a right toss pot.

A man in a sunbed is not manly. At all.

(_;)

biddilybah

You don't know what your missing Vics! Mosquitos just bounce straight off … You don't know what your missing Vics! Mosquitos just bounce straight off me. I'm untouchable to them. To show off my manliness on holiday, I intimidate all the other men getting bitten by them by stripping naked and standing there like a God!

And just like that i'm converted..

Bring on the shoulder hair/mosquito shields X)
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions