Groups

do you believe the phrase 'once a cheater always a cheater'?

another thread on here tonight has got me thinking. do people cheat because that is the type of person they are? or simply because they are not with 'the one'? and could you ever trust someone knowing they had cheated in a previous relationship?

52 Comments

Banned

yep, once a cheater etc

same with a gambler or alcoholic, leopards and spots

in order for the unfaithful to work together, they both have to be

no not always hth depends on the guy/girl and situation.

Banned

No.....

if someones cheated in a previous relationship it has no bearing on the one they are in now.

I think it all depends on the type of girl/guy and the situation

if a girl/guy stays with someone who continuously cheats on them they are both fools, especially when childre are involved
    -and yes i have friends like this and it drives me up the wall

i was once a panther

nope.

Once a cheater - always a cheater. Agree with other post if you do something once the chances
    are you will do it again, if anything doing it the second time around is easier !

(P.s I have never cheated !) :P

Nope. I cheated on two exes (kissed, nothing else!) because they weren't "the one". I would NEVER cheat on my boyfriend now as I know I'm serious about him.

Banned

nope ........

only bitter people think like that........usually in their 40's and single

Banned

yes and no!

Original Poster

baffledsalmon;8267216

Nope. I cheated on two exes (kissed, nothing else!) because they weren't … Nope. I cheated on two exes (kissed, nothing else!) because they weren't "the one". I would NEVER cheat on my boyfriend now as I know I'm serious about him.

so youre pretty much like me then! i know i would never do anything like that again cos ive learnt that if i was ever tempted to then there was something wrong with the relationship. however i know that if i found out my bf had cheated in the past i would find it hard to trust him. i think this is because i have cheated myself in the past and i know how easily it is done

makes me wonder do the people who say yes they will always be a cheater, have insecurities? or is it just the way they think?

donna-lou;8267253

so youre pretty much like me then! i know i would never do anything like … so youre pretty much like me then! i know i would never do anything like that again cos ive learnt that if i was ever tempted to then there was something wrong with the relationship. however i know that if i found out my bf had cheated in the past i would find it hard to trust him. i think this is because i have cheated myself in the past and i know how easily it is done[B]makes me wonder do the people who say yes they will always be a cheater, have insecurities? or is it just the way they think?

i think its insecurity, a lot of my girl mates are proper para on a night out and always wondering where their man is wh hes talking too etc etc

i remember one night my mate came up to me telling me my OH was talking to a couple of girls she was saying "look look over there", and i just said "what"?

she went on to say "jimbo(name changed) is over there talking to those women"
    i just said "sooooo" and she kept asking me why i ddint go over and my response was

"IM NOT 15, THATS WHY!!!!" :roll:

Banned

I have cheated in the past, but I was dating idiots, I had a thing for the bad guy, I got bored, wanted atttention, blah, blah all the rest of it and tbh when I did cheat, I was at the stage where I didn't care and hoped I'd got found out.

I then grew up and realised the relationships were failing and I was not in love with them.

Not once has the thought ever crossed my mind to sleep with anyone behing my hubbies back, he knows I love him and he can trust me. We are in a mutually loving/respectful relationship that's the diffrence.

I think it's a bit bitter and hypocrytical of people judging someone on a mistake they may have made in their past, we have all made them in one way or another:thumbsup:

casparwhite;8267217

nope ........only bitter people think like that........usually in their … nope ........only bitter people think like that........usually in their 40's and single

But i'm only 29? :w00t:

Banned

Lulu'sMammy;8267335

But i'm only 29? :w00t:

sorry too old for me........23 year olds is as old as i go:thumbsup:

casparwhite;8267370

sorry too old for me........23 year olds is as old as i go:thumbsup:

Aw well, 16's as old as i go, so never mind :w00t:

Original Poster

Lulu'sMammy;8267403

Aw well, 16's as old as i go, so never mind :w00t:

:w00t:

all i know is i wouldnt be able to forgive someone if they cheated on me so it wouldnt work anyway

donna-lou;8267409

:w00t:

Don't diss it....it's legal! :-D

Banned

my girlfriend has cheated on me 1 time........so i am allowed to cheat 1 time

its been agreed, i have to choose very carefully

No, unless one partner is a serial cheat.
    Sometimes people can get deeply into a relationship very quickly but without true commitment.
    In time they can experience a feeling of being trapped and test the strength of the relationship by looking elsewhere.
    For many, that low level flirting/kissing etc is enough - it is exciting but it affirms the choice that they have made and their original relationship becomes stronger as a result.
    Sometimes, however, a relationship is found to be built on shaky foundations. If that is the case then it is best brought quickly to a close with honesty and sensitivity to the other person and any children involved.
    What is important is that both parties move forward and develop positive ideas for the future.

Original Poster

cannyscot;8267426

No, unless one partner is a serial cheat.Sometimes people can get deeply … No, unless one partner is a serial cheat.Sometimes people can get deeply into a relationship very quickly but without true commitment. In time they can experience a feeling of being trapped and test the strength of the relationship by looking elsewhere.For many, that low level flirting/kissing etc is enough - it is exciting but it affirms the choice that they have made and their original relationship becomes stronger as a result.Sometimes, however, a relationship is found to be built on shaky foundations. If that is the case then it is best brought quickly to a close with honesty and sensitivity to the other person and any children involved.What is important is that both parties move forward and develop positive ideas for the future.

what a great answer! have some rep

Generally, those that cheat will cheat again going by all those I've known to do so.

But it's always subjective. I've known plenty of people that have been serial cheaters in relationships but then gone on to more 'grown up' relationships where they would never dream of being unfaithful. The fact that everyone's classification of cheating varies is a handy excuse for lots of people.

yeah, I know because I am one, unfortunately

casparwhite;8267422

my girlfriend has cheated on me 1 time........so i am allowed to cheat 1 … my girlfriend has cheated on me 1 time........so i am allowed to cheat 1 timeits been agreed, i have to choose very carefully

How long have you been waiting to use that IOU?:w00t:

do you believe the phrase 'once a cheater always a cheater'?

Yes... and also the quote....... Once a drugy, always a drugy!

Darryl2312;8267652

yeah, I know because I am one, unfortunately

boooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RickT;8267740

Yes... and also the quote....... Once a drugy, always a drugy!

sorry, but whats that got to do with this topic:thinking:

Original Poster

bossyboots;8267810

boooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sorry, but whats that got … boooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sorry, but whats that got to do with this topic:thinking:

i was wondering the same thing bossy :whistling:

people can be rehabilitated you know even druggies and alcoholics! maybe not all of them but some at least gives hope to others

Banned

wulshaz;8267826

people can be rehabilitated you know even druggies and alcoholics! maybe … people can be rehabilitated you know even druggies and alcoholics! maybe not all of them but some at least gives hope to others

they have to want to be rehabilitated

people who cheat dont want less sex! just want not to be caught!

jubbyme;8267834

they have to want to be rehabilitatedpeople who cheat dont want less sex! … they have to want to be rehabilitatedpeople who cheat dont want less sex! just want not to be caught!

its not all down to just sex you know :thumbsup:

Banned

bossyboots;8267810

boooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sorry, but whats that got … boooooooooooooooooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!sorry, but whats that got to do with this topic:thinking:

i think its a confession of sorts:)

he is kind of right drug addicts and alcoholics they will always be.........they are always fighting the addiction and will never be free, theyll always be addicts

completely different scenario to the topic tho

Banned

wulshaz;8267840

its not all down to just sex you know :thumbsup:

sorry, thinking too much about the tiger woods situation, or jesse james, or someone else probably next week

jubbyme;8267139

yep, once a cheater etcsame with a gambler or alcoholic, leopards and … yep, once a cheater etcsame with a gambler or alcoholic, leopards and spotsin order for the unfaithful to work together, they both have to be

Dont agree with the gambler bit. I play poker for a living, but have quite easily spent years away from poker travelling or working....

jubbyme;8267899

sorry, thinking too much about the tiger woods situation, or jesse james, … sorry, thinking too much about the tiger woods situation, or jesse james, or someone else probably next week

people seek solace in all sorts of situations but not always looking for sex

I think for the guys saying "Yes", it says more about themselves than anything else. Perhaps they're not capable of changing, and they assume that everyone is like that. They're wrong.

I got involved in a situation a few years ago where I ended up being ensnared by and tapping a girl on the side. I found it hard to say no. I always do, to be honest. I didn't want to be there. I felt seriously awful for the duration. I hate letting people down, hate betraying people and damaging them, and that's what I did when I cheated on m'lady. I feel nothing but shame for it, and it's something I will never do ever again. It's not just that I changed, I learned.

Banned

JohnBall;8267919

Dont agree with the gambler bit. I play poker for a living, but have … Dont agree with the gambler bit. I play poker for a living, but have quite easily spent years away from poker travelling or working....

that is because you havent been an compulsive gambler, I can have a drink and not sell my house to buy more, seems you can play poker and not sell your house bare. some people get addicted and ruin lives is all, i was aiming at addiction.

jubbyme;8267949

that is because you havent been an compulsive gambler, I can have a drink … that is because you havent been an compulsive gambler, I can have a drink and not sell my house to buy more, seems you can play poker and not sell your house bare. some people get addicted and ruin lives is all, i was aiming at addiction.

I understand, amount of women I have to explain poker too is unbelievable. Most narrow minded and assume its doomed to failure and im addicted :thinking:

But the cheating part, I agree with generally, but thers obviously the odd few.

Banned

here's a question

is having a threesome cheating? I would say sharing the person you love with someone else is cheating but others may disagree

[COLOR="Red"]Those who are not willing to cheat are not trying hard enough.[/COLOR]
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?31137
      2. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846166
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764206
      4. Microsoft Gamescom - Possibly more free games / Project Scorpio44

See more discussions