Do you buy stuff just because it's cheap?

19 replies
Found 23rd Apr 2007
ie. ya don't need it, it's just cheap!
If so, why would you buy something you don't want or need just because it's cheap?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
19 Comments

yes that is me.... it is an affliction

I should be banned from ebay etc.

oh yes...

Yes .

...and then usually sell it on ebay (for more

wow kermot wish you could tell me how you do that!

I normally buy something, then lose money when i sell it:giggle:

Yeah that me all over. Managed to buy a brand new 3 man rubber boat for £7.50 lol.

It depends on how cheap something is, and how expensive it looks.

If something looks expensive but is cheap then I will buy it as a gift for someone, even if I dont have anyone in mind at the time.

I wouldnt just buy something because it was cheap though

Nope, I don't buy anything for the sake of it.

I'm keeping an eye out for stuff that interests me (xbox 360 stuff) and also things for gifts.

I haven't bought anything apart from the Xbox 360 core from Amazon.de, I somehow managed to miss the brilliant xbox 360 game deals!

only if i actually want it.

If its a gadget as well, then there's no contest

Original Poster

angelkelly

wow kermot wish you could tell me how you do that!I normally buy … wow kermot wish you could tell me how you do that!I normally buy something, then lose money when i sell it:giggle:

Yeah, i've had that problem in the past. Buy a £100 item for £50, try to sell on eBay for £75, and it won't sell. Even if that said item is now back up to £100. Go figure?
It's as if they still want it cheaper than the special offer price, even if that price is no longer available :?
Either that, or the buyer somehow figures that it ain't on for the seller to be trying to make a crust, and wants it at cost price or not at all. I hate that.
If I have a need for something, i'll buy it. However small the need, within reason. But not just because it's cheap.
I wouldn't buy an Easter tree for £2, for example, just because it's only £2 :-D

If it is something I want (not need) and it is a bargain.
But not cheap, nasty .....

Yes - bought my third watch of the year today!!!! That takes my collection to over 7!!!! There was a great deal on at eBuyer lol!

The Chick doesn't know yet but when she finds out, I am in trouble.

TBH though, it is usually stuff that I / we need, rather than things that we could never use.

I love this site - I have saved sooooo much money it is unreal!

Thanks everyone!

x

I buy because I want it. I'm a very cautious that I won't buy stuff that will fall in price in the next month, hence look in here :thumbsup:

I may also be interested in freebies and stuff that are such a bargain, I'll buy anyway!

My weakness is that I also buy it if it's expensive...gone absolutely bonkers since google checkout...must put the brakes on.

I have done a few times but generally I can contain myself.

Admin

If it's for me or hubby, I tend not to, but if it's something cute or fun for one of the babies then I can't help myself!

They are absolutely spoiled rotten. :giggle:

Generally on the whole I am not too bad, but have I admit at times fallen prey to things I wouldn't normally consider buying - doing so because 'it was too good a bargain to leave there!' :whistling:

some bargains on here are too good too miss and make great pressies .
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition51460
    2. Magazine competitions - Issue 42 @ tvchoicemagazine.co.uk1515
    3. Win a Fisher-Price Think & Learn Teach 'n tag Movi @ Netmums11
    4. Win an all-inclusive holiday to Antigua, including flights!11

See more discussions