Do you collect anything?

Posted 29th Mar
I collect sneakers (Jordan’s and Yeezy’s) and limited edition 50p coins. My son collects Hornby train sets, POP Vinyls and Fortnite stickers/cards. What do you or your children collect?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Dust in the house.
Wasted dreams and piles of debt.
As an insufferable pedant, I collect atrocious creeping Americanisms. So far I have ‘Mom’, ‘Math’, and, ‘I could care less’. I’ll add ‘sneakers’ to the collection.
majestic201229/03/2020 18:27

As an insufferable pedant, I collect atrocious creeping Americanisms. So …As an insufferable pedant, I collect atrocious creeping Americanisms. So far I have ‘Mom’, ‘Math’, and, ‘I could care less’. I’ll add ‘sneakers’ to the collection.

Those in the Midlands here have used 'Mom' for way longer than you wish to care about...in fact I did not know it was considered abnormal.

Add aluminum, solder (pronounced sodd-er), eggplant, cilantro, router (row-ter) etc
115 Comments
Same I collect sneakers
Old and foreign coins.
Dust in the house.
Useless trivia
I collect personal disappointment.
My son collects football cards every year...I’m running out of places to put the card albums every year(confused)
slimy3129/03/2020 18:04

In the great words of Auguste Rodin - “nothing is a waste of time if you use the experience wisely”
My other half collects 'retro cars' not toy ones..full size! He calls them his projects :/ since the lockdown he's been working on an old metro rallycar. He could have collected something smaller mind Keeps him quiet i suppose!
As an insufferable pedant, I collect atrocious creeping Americanisms. So far I have ‘Mom’, ‘Math’, and, ‘I could care less’. I’ll add ‘sneakers’ to the collection.
shadowfall29/03/2020 18:22

Latest AJ1 zoom in blue/grey

Nice I copped the Neon 4’s but shipping has been delayed so I’ve not got them in hand yet. I returned the Black Cats because QC was awful, hoping these are better!

As an insufferable pedant, I collect atrocious creeping Americanisms. So …As an insufferable pedant, I collect atrocious creeping Americanisms. So far I have ‘Mom’, ‘Math’, and, ‘I could care less’. I’ll add ‘sneakers’ to the collection.

Haha well I’m glad to have helped add to your collection

Those in the Midlands here have used 'Mom' for way longer than you wish to care about...in fact I did not know it was considered abnormal.

Add aluminum, solder (pronounced sodd-er), eggplant, cilantro, router (row-ter) etc
Cans of beans collection is highly appreciated these days.
cicobuff29/03/2020 18:38

Those in the Midlands here have used 'Mom' for way longer than you wish to …Those in the Midlands here have used 'Mom' for way longer than you wish to care about...in fact I did not know it was considered abnormal.Add aluminum, solder (pronounced sodd-er), eggplant, cilantro, router (row-ter) etc

I grew up in Torquay but my parents originated from South Staffs/Wolverhampton so I’ve always spelt it “Mom”
adamderak29/03/2020 18:41

Cans of beans collection is highly appreciated these days.

Haha! My baked bean collection is rapidly depleting
I collect, and by collect I mean buy faster than I can drink, whisky and recently started collecting playing cards
ChelseaRae29/03/2020 18:42

Haha! My baked bean collection is rapidly depleting

Hold onto it. Appreciating in value better than Monet pieces.
Unpaid bills!
soon...the dole
@ChelseaRae do you know if any of your 50ps are worth more than 50p. I’ve got quite a few different £2 and 50ps. Thanks!
I collect £3 notes.
4ndy829/03/2020 18:51

@ChelseaRae do you know if any of your 50ps are worth more than 50p. I’ve g …@ChelseaRae do you know if any of your 50ps are worth more than 50p. I’ve got quite a few different £2 and 50ps. Thanks!

It’s best to check on eBay but look at sold listings to get a realistic idea of what they’ve sold for as some people try and sell them for inflated prices that are unrealistic.
I collect warning notifications from the Mods
If I break the triple digit barrier per year, then I'm pleased. Anything less and it's been a bad year.
My favourites would have to be "off topic" comments (which are on topic), followed by "unsuitable content".

Mods = the gift that keeps on giving
Empty gin bottles :/
Limited edition Coca Cola bottle
Derek_Fortescue_Shatwell29/03/2020 19:12

I collect warning notifications from the Mods If I break the triple …I collect warning notifications from the Mods If I break the triple digit barrier per year, then I'm pleased. Anything less and it's been a bad year.My favourites would have to be "off topic" comments (which are on topic), followed by "unsuitable content".Mods = the gift that keeps on giving

You naughty boy, you
ChelseaRae29/03/2020 19:08

It’s best to check on eBay but look at sold listings to get a realistic i …It’s best to check on eBay but look at sold listings to get a realistic idea of what they’ve sold for as some people try and sell them for inflated prices that are unrealistic.

Thanks I’ll take a look.
4ndy829/03/2020 19:17

Thanks I’ll take a look.

You’re welcome, let me know if you have any that are super valuable!
Trainers & Steelbooks
pink_elephant29/03/2020 18:25

My other half collects 'retro cars' not toy ones..full size! He calls them …My other half collects 'retro cars' not toy ones..full size! He calls them his projects :/ since the lockdown he's been working on an old metro rallycar. He could have collected something smaller mind Keeps him quiet i suppose!

6R4. Classic. It's man ting
Seems like all I can collect today is Viruses
I collect loads of crap I don’t need or want, especially when I see a deal on here I think oh that’s good and buy it, only for it to collect dust for ever more...
All things gaming, retro to modern huge geek lol
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions