Do you consider yourself to be a good person?

If so, why? If not, why not?

Also, what criteria do you think people have to fit in order to be considered as a 'good person'?

89 Comments

Banned

i wouldn't say i'm good but i'd say i'm very fair.

I treat others how they treat me. (not the jesus way)

Supermod

The ability to answer early morning text messages.

im a good guy

i consider myself being a good person, but i maybe dont always do the right thing, if that makes sense

im the best guy you will ever meet

Banned

I would say im mostly a good person but at times i can be a bit harsh

Try to be, want to set a good example to my kids but not always possible. Also try to treat others how I'd like to be treated, again not always possible especially with an ex who knows how to push my buttons!

I think im a good guy but im not.

I speak my mind which can hurt others, ive also ruined every relationship ive ever had.

Banned

i'm bad like mj

Banned

Darryl2312;8019913

I think im a good guy but im not.I speak my mind which can hurt others, … I think im a good guy but im not.I speak my mind which can hurt others, ive also ruined every relationship ive ever had.

wow that's deep

i am too good with other people and most of the time end up looking like a mug for it. i am the type of person that would help anyone out but alot of the time dont get any thanks for it. why are people like that.

Original Poster

magicjay1986;8019797

The ability to answer early morning text messages.

I replied at lunchtime! At least you got a reply, what more could you possibly want?!

Supermod

angelfairee;8020204

I replied at lunchtime! At least you got a reply, what more could you … I replied at lunchtime! At least you got a reply, what more could you possibly want?!

..a reply like...erm...instantaneously!

Original Poster

ilovepink;8019869

i consider myself being a good person, but i maybe dont always do the … i consider myself being a good person, but i maybe dont always do the right thing, if that makes sense

So even if you can identify something that you think isn't right, but you go ahead and do it anyway...you still believe yourself to be a good person? How many things that aren't right would you have to do to make you change your perspective?

libEL;8019909

Try to be, want to set a good example to my kids but not always possible. … Try to be, want to set a good example to my kids but not always possible. Also try to treat others how I'd like to be treated, again not always possible especially with an ex who knows how to push my buttons!

So if someone treated you horribly and you did the same back, personally you'd be fine with that and it wouldn't affect how you view yourself? There's no element of taking a higher ground to be the better person?

Banned

angelfairee;8020254

So if someone treated you horribly and you did the same back, personally … So if someone treated you horribly and you did the same back, personally you'd be fine with that and it wouldn't affect how you view yourself? There's no element of taking a higher ground to be the better person?

i wouldn't take the "higher ground" if it was anyone but family and by family i mean brothers and sisters. even then if one of my family was treating me badly i would just exclude them from everything i do. random people if they treat me badly i will do the same to them and lose no sleep

im bad

ive killed (srs)

SuperEd

im a good guy, be fair

angelfairee;8020254

So if someone treated you horribly and you did the same back, personally … So if someone treated you horribly and you did the same back, personally you'd be fine with that and it wouldn't affect how you view yourself? There's no element of taking a higher ground to be the better person?

I treat people how I like to be treated, not the other way around as implied above. In normal circumstances I am able to rise above other peoples negative behaviour towards me and will often find a way to resolve whatever theissues are. As another poster said, its been said many times that I am 'too nice' and it does lead to people taking advantage, but even so, if I can do someone a good turn then more often than not I will. For past 18mths I have dealt with an ex who is verbally, physically and emotionally abusive, I have not retaliated by doing the same to him although there have been times I would have gladly, however as per my previous post I have lost my temper as I'm not a saint.

Original Poster

magicjay1986;8020242

..a reply like...erm...instantaneously!

Not sure I ever do that. Maybe if you try it in the afternoon, I might be awake! 9.30am is not a real time.

bykergrove;8020291

i wouldn't take the "higher ground" if it was anyone but family and by … i wouldn't take the "higher ground" if it was anyone but family and by family i mean brothers and sisters. even then if one of my family was treating me badly i would just exclude them from everything i do. random people if they treat me badly i will do the same to them and lose no sleep

Where does the behaviour slip from acceptable into you feeling like you were being treated badly? And would you ever forgive if the person changed? And if you did forgive them would you hold a grudge?

Original Poster

libEL;8020343

I treat people how I like to be treated, not the other way around as … I treat people how I like to be treated, not the other way around as implied above. In normal circumstances I am able to rise above other peoples negative behaviour towards me and will often find a way to resolve whatever theissues are. As another poster said, its been said many times that I am 'too nice' and it does lead to people taking advantage, but even so, if I can do someone a good turn then more often than not I will. For past 18mths I have dealt with an ex who is verbally, physically and emotionally abusive, I have not retaliated by doing the same to him although there have been times I would have gladly, however as per my previous post I have lost my temper as I'm not a saint.

Ahh okay, sorry, maybe I misread your first post.

I wasn't suggesting you had to justify yourself in any way either, just interested

Banned

angelfairee;8020344

Where does the behaviour slip from acceptable into you feeling like you … Where does the behaviour slip from acceptable into you feeling like you were being treated badly? And would you ever forgive if the person changed? And if you did forgive them would you hold a grudge?

well its not like a switch. peoples expectations of me should be inline with how they behave towards me so its totally fluid.

i dont hold grudges no.

Nice thread Angel :-D

Banned

I'm nice to people as long as the are nice to me.if somebody decides they take a dislike to me, I will ignore them until they are nice. Not ignore them take all the hate, but just avoid them and don't start talking with them unless I have to, but will never hold a grudge over almost anything. A good thing ...im not sure

[QUOTE=angelfairee;8020254]So even if you can identify something that you think isn't right, but you go ahead and do it anyway...you still believe yourself to be a good person? How many things that aren't right would you have to do to make you change your perspective?QUOTE]

when i said dont always do the right thing i ment

i have friends that have cheated on each other i know its not right but i have not said anything
as the end consequence would be really bad andwould they really thank me for telling me the truth, ive fallen out with friends as i thought it was wrong of them to put me in that kind of situation in the first place

I am almost saintly...

ei8hty5ive;8020396

I am almost saintly...

Me too :lol:

I am always trying to be a better person and there is always room for improvement!

angelfairee;8020360

Ahh okay, sorry, maybe I misread your first post.I wasn't suggesting you … Ahh okay, sorry, maybe I misread your first post.I wasn't suggesting you had to justify yourself in any way either, just interested

That wasnt meant to read like I was justifying myself I just wanted to explain - but maybe thats the same thing lol :thinking:

Original Poster

bykergrove;8020372

well its not like a switch. peoples expectations of me should be inline … well its not like a switch. peoples expectations of me should be inline with how they behave towards me so its totally fluid. i dont hold grudges no.

Do you treat girls with the same respect that you treat your friends?

Marina;8020387

Nice thread Angel :-D

Are you a good person, Marina?!

ilovepink;8020393

when i said dont always do the right thing i menti have friends that have … when i said dont always do the right thing i menti have friends that have cheated on each other i know its not right but i have not said anything as the end consequence would be really bad andwould they really thank me for telling me the truth, ive fallen out with friends as i thought it was wrong of them to put me in that kind of situation in the first place

Maybe not saying anything is the right thing to do, maybe it isn't...I don't think that getting (or not getting) involved in other peoples actions is something that would shape you as a person.

I assume from what you're saying that if you thought something wasn't right then you wouldn't do it, and in avoiding doing the 'wrong' thing you'd say that contributes to you being a good person?

libEL;8020428

That wasnt meant to read like I was justifying myself I just wanted to … That wasnt meant to read like I was justifying myself I just wanted to explain - but maybe thats the same thing lol :thinking::)

Nope, I know what you mean! Thanks for your input!

Original Poster

tinz11;8020406

I am always trying to be a better person and there is always room for … I am always trying to be a better person and there is always room for improvement!

What is there to improve?

'Cheating friends' - now thats a whole other topic!

Had this happen recently to me, everyone involved were good friends to me and the moral debate I had with myself was depressing. Luckily before I had come to any decision it all came out in open. I still feel bad now though around certain people involved. Maybe because I would have wanted to be told.

Marina;8020402

Me too :lol:

and me :prop:

I have to less cynical and remember to make time for everyone (friends & family)

Original Poster

tinz11;8020535

I have to less cynical and remember to make time for everyone (friends & … I have to less cynical and remember to make time for everyone (friends & family)

Is that what makes you a good person?!

Banned

Not in this life

angelfairee;8020489

Are you a good person, Marina?!

What do you think?

I think I'm a good person saying that I have lived a protected life so far..... I haven't been on my own in the big bad world :-D (Apart from uni, work etc) The real people I have related to is my family and limited friends and to them I think I have been an ok-ish good girl, if not a saint

ilovelilac;8020533

and me :prop:

We should start a HUKD saint club :lol:

Marina;8020584

We should start a HUKD saint club :lol:

yea......:whistling:

Banned

angelfairee;8020489

Do you treat girls with the same respect that you treat your friends?

I treat girls a thousand times better now than i did during uni/college/school
but i could try harder :oops:
Marina;8020574

What do you think? :pI think I'm a good person saying that I have … What do you think? :pI think I'm a good person saying that I have lived a protected life so far..... I haven't been on my own in the big bad world :-D (Apart from uni, work etc) The real people I have related to is my family and limited friends and I think I have been a good girl, if not a saint

how old are you marina?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764038
    2. Pink Balls24
    3. Avoiding the adds on the desktop client for the Spotify free account812
    4. Free Now TV Sky Sports Day Pass611

See more discussions