Do you desire moderator status on this forum?

As per title, Now and again I see HotUKDeals members mentioning how they would like to be a forum moderator on here - given half the chance.

I have no such desire and see it as only hassle, and who really has the time? It would turn something that's quite fun at times, into a real chore from my point of view. You really can't win in many cases, I also see this forum as having too many active/very active posters making it all the more troublesome to moderate in a fair and impartial manner, and then throw in FS/FT on top of that.

If you'd like to be a moderator/would accept the offer, tell me why - and/or maybe why you feel others do aswell.

If on the other hand you don't wish to be a moderator please also state your reasons.

22 Comments

Banned

I am too hot to touch

I would do anything to become a mod

Banned

some people would love mod status, so they can ban all those people when they cant win their petty arguments.

it's their dream to go around banning all those they dont like, thats what they think being a mod is.

Not for me, hence my location.

Banned

God no, too much hard work, even if you can't be bothered to log on, and if it's true they don't get paid no-way.

Before hubby joined up (raf) he made a great income from running a website and paid people to help with the site, and it was not as big as this, big but not that big and that sucked his whole life up :lol:

DLM;8479863

I am too hot to touch

Yes we know.:whistling:.....................But do you want to be a mod or not!:roll:

Me, no couldn't do it here. I would have to use common sense and I would end up arguing against other mods.

Original Poster

DLM;8479863

I am too hot to touch

Erm, is that your entire contribution? :roll:

CFC_Mark;8479872

I would do anything to become a mod

Would you really have the time and necessary dedication for the job?

jubbyme;8479873

some people would love mod status, so they can ban all those people when … some people would love mod status, so they can ban all those people when they cant win their petty arguments.

I see true impartiallity as nigh-on impossible, so your 'moderator' opinion is always comprimised in my view.

Forum moderators on here get nowt but credit from me, as they're always fighting a losing battle.

no - i like posting rubbish

Original Poster

skusey;8479977

Not for me, hence my location.

Fairplay.

tinkerbell28;8480007

God no, too much hard work, even if you can't be bothered to log on, and … God no, too much hard work, even if you can't be bothered to log on, and if it's true they don't get paid no-way.Before hubby joined up (raf) he made a great income from running a website and paid people to help with the site, and it was not as big as this, big but not that big and that sucked his whole life up :lol:

EXACTLY, the first rule of being a forum moderator(and I mean a good one) is that you can't have too much of an active and busy lifestyle, it plain gets in the way, it is extremely time consuming. I don't think they're paid aswell.

GAVINLEWISHUKD;8480017

Yes we know.:whistling:.....................But do you want to be a mod … Yes we know.:whistling:.....................But do you want to be a mod or not!:roll:Me, no couldn't do it here. I would have to use common sense and I would end up arguing against other mods.

I sense bitterness!

DAMNOME;8480042

no - i like posting rubbish

the jobs yours:thumbsup:

Banned

robtallica;8480035

I see true impartiallity as nigh-on impossible, so your 'moderator' … I see true impartiallity as nigh-on impossible, so your 'moderator' opinion is always comprimised in my view.

true no-one can be completely impartial, but those people who are prone to grudges, childishness, bullying and otherwise lack of ability to run a bath, shouldnt be Mods

[COLOR="Red"]I'm of a higher status than the moderators.[/COLOR]

robtallica;8480035

Would you really have the time and necessary dedication for the job?

:lol: I was joking. Who in their right mind would want to be a mod

No. People will hate you e.g ASB

Banned

i deal with too many fools in real life on a daily basis why would I want to deal with some of the nutters on here

Been here since 2006 and not once desired it... Or on any other forum...

Banned

i would ban the mods for not banning the trolls :thumbsup:

Nope. Been a mod several times before, it's fun for a while but the novelty wears off. Too busy now anyway, I had more free time in my teens.

Banned

robtallica;8480087

EXACTLY, the first rule of being a forum moderator(and I mean a good one) … EXACTLY, the first rule of being a forum moderator(and I mean a good one) is that you can't have too much of an active and busy lifestyle, it plain gets in the way, it is extremely time consuming. I don't think they're paid aswell.

Exactly it was literally his full time job, ok he was the admin and making a fair whack but still, evenings/weekends too.

He missed the buzz of it and started a new site about 2 years ago now, that is starting to suck his spare time, so he has a few people doing it as a hobby for them, they enjoy it and it's a novelty, plus they have more time.

Can i be [COLOR=red]admin[/COLOR]

Banned

mr.potato_head;8480287

No. People will hate you e.g ASB

prefer him to you!:whistling:

zeus9876;8480827

Can i be [COLOR=red]admin[/COLOR]

Admin ain't all that fun either... Unless you get a salary.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. What an absolute disgrace2152
    2. Better watch out for these...913
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763971
    4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846086

See more discussions