Groups

Do you get banned from xbox live for flashing/modding your xbox 360 console ?

Just wondered if its worth doing it... Any ideas?

20 Comments

yeha if you get cught using copied games

Original Poster

shosie;4502093

yeha if you get cught using copied games

how can they catch you? im not very clued up on this at all! Just doing the research really...!!

Banned

you do, yes.

Its all to do with the speed the disc spins at i believe

wonkey;4502105

how can they catch you? im not very clued up on this at all! Just doing … how can they catch you? im not very clued up on this at all! Just doing the research really...!!

Not 100% sure to be totally honest with you, but i have heard of people who get there consoles banned from XBL for playing copied games

shosie;4502111

Not 100% sure to be totally honest with you, but i have heard of people … Not 100% sure to be totally honest with you, but i have heard of people who get there consoles banned from XBL for playing copied games

Agreed, l. I hear people buy second hand consoles from XBL banned users and have problems playing online.
    Must be something to do with the hardware.

I heard once that they detect if you are playing a copied game because they are often ripped slightly incorrectly by whoever put it on the internet and so M$ can detect this fault in the code.

Original Poster

robster113;4502271

I heard once that they detect if you are playing a copied game because … I heard once that they detect if you are playing a copied game because they are often ripped slightly incorrectly by whoever put it on the internet and so M$ can detect this fault in the code.

oh. so best not going live with it! Thanks for the info all. Rep added

The only way to get banned is playing games before their release date. There is no other way

Peterocket;4502756

The only way to get banned is playing games before their release date. … The only way to get banned is playing games before their release date. There is no other way

+1

this is true.

All the above is lies.
    there is no way MS can detect how fast your disc is spinning LOL!
    (if this were ture, install to the HDD 1st.. and play the game from there...)

nore can they decect a faulty game.. if the game is faulty it wouldnt play in the 1st place.

Banned

Peterocket;4502756

The only way to get banned is playing games before their release date. … The only way to get banned is playing games before their release date. There is no other way

Gooood evening... im calling from your bank :-D

DangerGod;4502804

PMSL :thumbsup:

DangerGod;4502804

hello sir....It is totally legitimate......

Peterocket;4502756

Total BS. Myself and my friends have all got games like Fallout 3 and CoD: WaW a day or 2 before release date from Shopto.net and have never got banned. What about different timezones/release dates?

The way they detect it is through modified firmware which enables copied games.

Tanchi;4502760

+1this is true.All the above is lies.there is no way MS can detect how … +1this is true.All the above is lies.there is no way MS can detect how fast your disc is spinning LOL!(if this were ture, install to the HDD 1st.. and play the game from there...)nore can they decect a faulty game.. if the game is faulty it wouldnt play in the 1st place.

Can you actually install a copied game on your hdd? I have never tried

I had a console banned a couple of years ago, in the first batch of bannings.

I wouldn't recommend it, DL discs are rubbish, after a bit of use games really struggle to load up properly

lol @ the stingeys

cookieboy2003b;4607814

Total BS. Myself and my friends have all got games like Fallout 3 and … Total BS. Myself and my friends have all got games like Fallout 3 and CoD: WaW a day or 2 before release date from Shopto.net and have never got banned. What about different timezones/release dates?The way they detect it is through modified firmware which enables copied games.

If they could detect the firmware then everyone who had a modified xbox would be banned. Stealth firmware is not detectable by Microsoft

Releases such as COD 4 and GOW2 which were available via download well over 2 weeks before release date resulted in users getting banned.

I believe the only way to get banned is if you play a bad copy of a game or if your iXtreme firmware is not up to date, this is why it's important to check ISOs with abgx, you don't get banned for playing games before release, although it may be wise to do so. I have played SF4 and RE5 before release and many people get legit copies early, if they can't tell the difference they can't ban you.

Truth is no1 knows how M$ can detect ur modded xbox.. therefore you should take some steps in ensuring that you dont get noticed.

you shouldnt really play games before teh release date ( a few days before is ok as some shops send pre-ordered copies out a few days early. Im talking about dont play them 1 - 2 weeks before they come out.
    Every game you play is time stamped, GOW2 was realsed on a torrent site about a month before offical release. It was so new that at the time the game had no achivemenets.

Anyways, just make sure u have the lateset and tested firmware, make sure ur games are stealth patched.
    its common sence really, just be carefull with it and u will be fine.

At the end of the day, you know the risks involved.. if u get baned just buy a new xbox.

oldmankensey;4607837

Can you actually install a copied game on your hdd? I have never triedI … Can you actually install a copied game on your hdd? I have never triedI had a console banned a couple of years ago, in the first batch of bannings.I wouldn't recommend it, DL discs are rubbish, after a bit of use games really struggle to load up properly

Yes you can copy games to the hard drive, i would recommend this as lasers work harder to read backup games, and it wears out alot faster.

Tanchi;4608187

Truth is no1 knows how M$ can detect ur modded xbox.. therefore you … Truth is no1 knows how M$ can detect ur modded xbox.. therefore you should take some steps in ensuring that you dont get noticed.you shouldnt really play games before teh release date ( a few days before is ok as some shops send pre-ordered copies out a few days early. Im talking about dont play them 1 - 2 weeks before they come out.Every game you play is time stamped, GOW2 was realsed on a torrent site about a month before offical release. It was so new that at the time the game had no achivemenets.Anyways, just make sure u have the lateset and tested firmware, make sure ur games are stealth patched.its common sence really, just be carefull with it and u will be fine.At the end of the day, you know the risks involved.. if u get baned just buy a new xbox.Yes you can copy games to the hard drive, i would recommend this as lasers work harder to read backup games, and it wears out alot faster.

Yeah thats all true

Having worked for XBOX previously i wouldnt worry about playing a game before the release date. The games get dished out for testers to use on MS discs to people all over the place. I was baffled when you get the following years FIFA to beta test to find that there was thousands of users already using it on xbox live!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. How dangerous is Donald trump?29130
      2. Sad Gazza anecdote August 8th 2017 - Beyond help?1422
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764196
      4. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846160

See more discussions