Groups

DO YOU HAGGLE?

Banned
    If so, what are your experiences and tips..........

26 Comments

I haggle then pay full price and give 'em a nice tip for the lulz.

For me it's all part of the game! I try to pay in cash if i can and as the saying goes........Get it out and whack it on the table (the cash that is) and start counting it out that works for me everytime:thumbsup:

If she only wants to go to 1st base, I ask for a home run, but will settle for 3rd.

thesaint;4885162

If she only wants to go to 1st base, I ask for a home run, but will … If she only wants to go to 1st base, I ask for a home run, but will settle for 3rd.

lol!

yes especially with big purchases i research first to see if anyone else managed to get any deals off and i would haggle for a good 10 to 20 percent of the price. Its a bit of a game

my worst enemy at work and i never give in!!!

i hear about loads of people managing to haggle bargains at actual chain stores but i'm always too shy to haggle :oops:
    I'd love tips though! esp. for high street stores!

beat em with a stick!!

czar.nik;4885311

i hear about loads of people managing to haggle bargains at actual chain … i hear about loads of people managing to haggle bargains at actual chain stores but i'm always too shy to haggle :oops:I'd love tips though! esp. for high street stores!

my tip is if you feel too shy...

pretend to yourself that you are somebody else that is really silly and make a joke out of it with yourself.. dont take it too seriously, it can be fun!

Checkout my thread on how to negotiate with Dell, it can be used with any merchants really.
    The main thing you have to remember is they don't know you and will most likely never see you again.
    I went into a highstreet just before christmas and got around £400 knocked off the tv within a few mins just by saying I'm not willing to pay anywhere near that price but this is the kinda calibre of tv that I'm looking for.

The guy instantly knocked some money off and I said it wasn't good enough, so he lowered it another couple hundred and even checked the system to see if he can sell it any less.

The main thing to do is be persistant and confident...I once had a guy spend all day at a market trying to negotiate a further 50p off, then when he eventually pulled his wallet out, he had quite a few hundred...I couldn't believe how important the 50p was to him lol.

realfriendlyman;4885351

Checkout my thread on how to negotiate with Dell, it can be used with any … Checkout my thread on how to negotiate with Dell, it can be used with any merchants really.The main thing you have to remember is they don't know you and will most likely never see you again.I went into a highstreet just before christmas and got around £400 knocked off the tv within a few mins just by saying I'm not willing to pay anywhere near that price but this is the kinda calibre of tv that I'm looking for.The guy instantly knocked some money off and I said it wasn't good enough, so he lowered it another couple hundred and even checked the system to see if he can sell it any less.The main thing to do is be persistant and confident...I once had a guy spend all day at a market trying to negotiate a further 50p off, then when he eventually pulled his wallet out, he had quite a few hundred...I couldn't believe how important the 50p was to him lol.

Its not the 50p, its the game

and well done you for getting so much money off your tv!!

ClarityofMind;4885368

Its not the 50p, its the game :)and well done you for getting so much … Its not the 50p, its the game :)and well done you for getting so much money off your tv!!

I'm not joking, he spent about half hour every time he came to speak to me about it again...I'm sure he had better things to do then save 50p...any job would of paid him more than 50p for the time he invested. :giggle:

Thanks for the congrats...the tv was actually for my bro and he decided he'd wait until tv's are even cheaper before he replaces the amazing panny he sold.

For cash purchases, it doesn't do any harm asking "what is the best price you can offer me on this item?". And for internet purchases you can always get a bit of money off using Quidco or Topcashback to save haggling in stores that don't entertain that sort of thing.
    [email protected] guy!

Banned

i tried haggling down a big mac once when i was drunk. didnt work. so had a double cheese instead

realfriendlyman;4885351

Checkout my thread on how to negotiate with Dell, it can be used with any … Checkout my thread on how to negotiate with Dell, it can be used with any merchants really.The main thing you have to remember is they don't know you and will most likely never see you again.I went into a highstreet just before christmas and got around £400 knocked off the tv within a few mins just by saying I'm not willing to pay anywhere near that price but this is the kinda calibre of tv that I'm looking for.The guy instantly knocked some money off and I said it wasn't good enough, so he lowered it another couple hundred and even checked the system to see if he can sell it any less.The main thing to do is be persistant and confident...I once had a guy spend all day at a market trying to negotiate a further 50p off, then when he eventually pulled his wallet out, he had quite a few hundred...I couldn't believe how important the 50p was to him lol.

can you point me in the direction of that thread please?

DangerGod;4885475

i tried haggling down a big mac once when i was drunk. didnt work. so had … i tried haggling down a big mac once when i was drunk. didnt work. so had a double cheese instead

lol you should have got a happy meal

Banned

kaits;4885519

lol you should have got a happy meal

lol i would have most probably eaten the toy

kaits;4885467

For cash purchases, it doesn't do any harm asking "what is the best price … For cash purchases, it doesn't do any harm asking "what is the best price you can offer me on this item?". And for internet purchases you can always get a bit of money off using Quidco or Topcashback to save haggling in stores that don't entertain that sort of thing. [email protected] guy!

Good advice.
    I did find it funny tbh and we did have a laugh while he was trying to save every penny...that's why I couldn't believe how much he had in his wallet after we agreed a deal...I can't even remember if I let him off the additional 50p for the sake of all his hard efforts or if he gave in. :giggle:

DangerGod;4885475

i tried haggling down a big mac once when i was drunk. didnt work. so had … i tried haggling down a big mac once when i was drunk. didnt work. so had a double cheese instead

You obviously didn't try hard enough...50p guy would of hooked you up bro. :giggle:

czar.nik;4885486

I don't know where it is exactly but the thread is a good couple years old and I always struggle to find anything with HUKD search engines...I think I called the thread "how to save £100's with Dell" or something along those lines.

You wouldn't believe how many PMs I used to get asking for help...I should write a book on the art of negotiating. :giggle:

realfriendlyman;4885538

Good advice. :)I did find it funny tbh and we did have a laugh while he … Good advice. :)I did find it funny tbh and we did have a laugh while he was trying to save every penny...that's why I couldn't believe how much he had in his wallet after we agreed a deal...I can't even remember if I let him off the additional 50p for the sake of all his hard efforts or if he gave in. :giggle:You obviously didn't try hard enough...50p guy would of hooked you up bro. :giggle:I don't know where it is exactly but the thread is a good couple years old and I always struggle to find anything with HUKD search engines...I think I called the thread "how to save £100's with Dell" or something along those lines.You wouldn't believe how many PMs I used to get asking for help...I should write a book on the art of negotiating. :giggle:

you do sound quite versed in it!
    can i hire you to teach me? ;-)

I'll have a look for that thread but knowing hukd search, it'll probably take forever and a day to find it! lol

Banned

czar.nik;4885553

you do sound quite versed in it!can i hire you to teach me? ;-)I'll have … you do sound quite versed in it!can i hire you to teach me? ;-)I'll have a look for that thread but knowing hukd search, it'll probably take forever and a day to find it! lol

Dont be fooled by his many words. i taught him all he knows.

czar.nik;4885486

realfriendlyman;4885538

GI don't know where it is exactly but the thread is a good couple years … GI don't know where it is exactly but the thread is a good couple years old and I always struggle to find anything with HUKD search engines...I think I called the thread "how to save £100's with Dell" or something along those lines.You wouldn't believe how many PMs I used to get asking for help...I should write a book on the art of negotiating. :giggle:

Google search is more effective on HUKD than HUKD search

tada hotukdeals.com/for…540

harlzter;4885766

Google search is more effective on HUKD than HUKD searchtada … Google search is more effective on HUKD than HUKD searchtada http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47540

fantastic! thanks for that

rep added.

czar.nik;4885553

you do sound quite versed in it!can i hire you to teach me? ;-)I'll have … you do sound quite versed in it!can i hire you to teach me? ;-)I'll have a look for that thread but knowing hukd search, it'll probably take forever and a day to find it! lol

You'd be surprised how much I actually hear that...my friends and family used to always call me up to chat to companies because I negotiate hard and always get a deal.
    I think the best deal I got for my ex was every channel on Virgin including all sky sports, setanta and movie channels, extra set top box, unlimited landline calls and the second best internet package for £38.50 per month for 10 months...no one believed I managed to get that. :giggle:

DangerGod;4885606

Dont be fooled by his many words. i taught him all he knows.

You didn't teach me anything, it was definitely the other way around...and it's not just negotiating that I can teach you with. :giggle:

harlzter;4885766

Google search is more effective on HUKD than HUKD searchtada … Google search is more effective on HUKD than HUKD searchtada http://www.hotukdeals.com/forums/showthread.php?t=47540

That's the one...that actually took me a while to write up...sad I know but at least it helped a lot of people. :thumbsup:

realfriendlyman;4885538

I don't know where it is exactly but the thread is a good couple years … I don't know where it is exactly but the thread is a good couple years old and I always struggle to find anything with HUKD search engines..

All you had to do was search your threads with "Dell" in the title that are older than six months.

thesaint;4886087

All you had to do was search your threads with "Dell" in the title that … All you had to do was search your threads with "Dell" in the title that are older than six months.

I had a quick search but since I had to constantly run off getting ready for the train, I didn't have the time to search through all those deals by Dell, as the post was over 2 years old.

I remembered the title afterwards though, which is why I mentioned it earlier to make it easier to find but I simply didn't have the time. :thumbsup:

realfriendlyman;4888271

I had a quick search but since I had to constantly run off getting ready … I had a quick search but since I had to constantly run off getting ready for the train, I didn't have the time to search through all those deals by Dell, as the post was over 2 years old.I remembered the title afterwards though, which is why I mentioned it earlier to make it easier to find but I simply didn't have the time. :thumbsup:

No, if you searched "your" threads with Dell in the title, you would've found it, as there is only 1.

thesaint;4888696

No, if you searched "your" threads with Dell in the title, you would've … No, if you searched "your" threads with Dell in the title, you would've found it, as there is only 1.

I thought I used to list loads of Dell deals back in the day but MikeT used to get hold of them quite sharpish, so I thought he should handle it. :P

Thanks for the advice, I'll bare it in mind for future reference. :thumbsup:
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Customs charged too much for a little item!66
      2. Xiaomi redmi note 4 firmware34
      3. Multi fuel stove deals11
      4. Memory foam mattress topper56

See more discussions