Do you hate all the cra* that has to be installed with a shop-bought PC?

8 replies
Found 16th Sep 2008
My emachines E4264 arrived today and its installing all the usual cra* , however IMO its stupid you don't get a choice of what should be installed....

eg. Its installing McAfee... I hate that rubbish lol I'll probably change it Kaspersky or someat...

Tim

1. Misc
  2. PC
Groups
  1. Misc
  2. PC
8 Comments

Anything I don't use gets uninstalled

Original Poster

Its the amount of time wasted that annoys me as you can't use windows while its doing it ..

TIm

When you buy a shop brought PC all that software does cost something its not free, thats why so many do build there own computer. Its not hard and you end up knowing that the hard drive you paid for is full of software you need.

Original Poster

Robotochan;2983183

that's why this program was created that's why this program was created http://www.downloadsquad.com/2008/09/15/pc-decrapifier-2-0-released/

Yes but you have to do that afterwars... it'd be neic if we didn't have to install all the rubbish stuff in the first place lol.

Tim

Original Poster

Staroffurby;2983198

When you buy a shop brought PC all that software does cost something its … When you buy a shop brought PC all that software does cost something its not free, thats why so many do build there own computer. Its not hard and you end up knowing that the hard drive you paid for is full of software you need.

Thats what I did with my first PC.

I built it, I broke it, I fixed it lol.

Just the price was cheaper than what I could do by buying the components.

Tim

The first thing I do, and advise others to, is uninstall McAfee or one of the others usually loaded on the PC. I wish they'd ask before adding all the rubbish.

Original Poster

I've only just gotten into Windows properly lol.

TIm
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Hope of a cure for asthma45
    2. The HUKD home for Star Trek: Discovery2685
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769298
    4. Coming up to bonfire night ...2131

See more discussions