Groups

Do you have a faith / religion ?

Banned

80 Comments

what does "beleive" mean?

Who's that?

you cant deny he existed. its whether you believe that he was resurrected. personally, i do.

Hasn't it been proved that he existed? A more pertinent question might be do you believe Jesus was the son of God?

I vote no myself/

saayinla;6954028

what does "beleive" mean?

Banned

I believe in Jesus. It doesn't matter what believe means. Either you do or you don't?!!!!

Original Poster Banned

Rephrased

yes .

I believe in santa

http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/3029/jesush.th.png

i believe in god and jesus

Why would God reveal himself through a son millions of years after he created the world... not us by the way... and why would an all loving Father think that by torturing his son that that was a way to redeem his flock... a bit sinister if you ask me... if not a bit far fetched. Couldn't He think of a better way?...???

Original Poster Banned

stuartsdog;6954127

http://img412.imageshack.us/img412/345/jesusd.png

http://i48.tinypic.com/24e2iad.png

Gotta say this is a pretty lame thread ryman. You must be really bored.

No, but I wouldn't describe myself as atheist because I wouldn't deny that any such entity exists. I don't have a particular faith but am not closed to the idea that a God does exist. Perhaps I'm agnostic!

I like Jesus and all the other Xmen. But seriously, if you have religion/faith in your life your are an extremely gullible idiot, but possibly a blissfully ignorant one.

Original Poster Banned

jonb2412;6954157

Why would God reveal himself through a son millions of years after he … Why would God reveal himself through a son millions of years after he created the world... not us by the way... and why would an all loving Father think that by torturing his son that that was a way to redeem his flock... a bit sinister if you ask me... if not a bit far fetched. Couldn't He think of a better way?...???

We're told that Jesus died to save us from our sins but when christians are asked, but how does that save us from our sins few can answer. The reason - If he didn't die then he's message wouldn't have been spread :? Surely there are other reason's and that still doesn't answer it. Christianity has waaaay to many flaws. The thing that makes me laugh most is that christians say well if you think God doesn't exist prove it ? Well there's a flying spaghetti monster outside that just went past. Can you prove that isn't true ? No ? Well then it exists

There may be a God but if there is he certainly wont have anything to do with any of the organised religions on this planet,

Original Poster Banned

torapoole;6954168

No, but I wouldn't describe myself as atheist because I wouldn't deny … No, but I wouldn't describe myself as atheist because I wouldn't deny that any such entity exists. I don't have a particular faith but am not closed to the idea that a God does exist. Perhaps I'm agnostic!

Philosophically you are called AGNOSTIC.
    Religiously you are called IGNORENT.
    Practically : YOU JUST DON'T GIVE A F
    and that's good for you :thumbsup:

Banned

I'm not a very religious person but I do have faith.

Original Poster Banned

Faith causes nothing but problems

Terrorists bombings
    False hope on being cured of illness
    Wasted my sundays as a kid
    Spread of HIV'S and unwanted pregnancy due to promotion of not using contraception
    Corruption ! Jesus clearly states that he doesn't like rich people yet the pope is in elaborate clothing and "super churches" in america that are more like entertainment centre's cost millions. I lol at these fools who are convinced they are right

ryman1000;6954185

We're told that Jesus died to save us from our sins but when christians … We're told that Jesus died to save us from our sins but when christians are asked, but how does that save us from our sins few can answer. The reason - If he didn't die then he's message wouldn't have been spread :? Surely there are other reason's and that still doesn't answer it. Christianity has waaaay to many flaws. The thing that makes me laugh most is that christians say well if you think God doesn't exist prove it ? Well there's a flying spaghetti monster outside that just went past. Can you prove that isn't true ? No ? Well then it exists

And there's more.... :thumbsup:

ryman1000;6954221

Faith causes nothing but problemsTerrorists bombingsFalse hope on being … Faith causes nothing but problemsTerrorists bombingsFalse hope on being cured of illnessWasted my sundays as a kidSpread of HIV'S and unwanted pregnancy due to promotion of not using contraceptionCorruption ! Jesus clearly states that he doesn't like rich people yet the pope is in elaborate clothing and "super churches" in america that are more like entertainment centre's cost millions. I lol at these fools who are convinced they are right

People who preach anti-religion can be just as poisonous as those who preach religion

(I hasten to add that wasn't a dig at you!)

I neither have a faith nor a religion.

After image:
    Buffalo Bill??

Original Poster Banned

torapoole;6954242

People who preach anti-religion can be just as poisonous as those who … People who preach anti-religion can be just as poisonous as those who preach religion

In what way ? I don't preach anti-religion I just accept people have faith and let them get on with it

torapoole;6954242

People who preach anti-religion can be just as poisonous as those who … People who preach anti-religion can be just as poisonous as those who preach religion(I hasten to add that wasn't a dig at you!)

Like who? Anti religion? Religion v religion.... thats the world, when we have our day we will just say.." thank god it's over"

ryman1000;6954259

In what way ? I don't preach anti-religion I just accept people have … In what way ? I don't preach anti-religion I just accept people have faith and let them get on with it

Again, not a dig at you. But I do believe that you get over-zealous anti-religion people and their arguments become just as fruitless as those who are for religion- I suppose that's to do with fanaticism (sp?!) more than religious belief though... And I agree with you- live and let live!

Original Poster Banned

One last thing if there was a God could "they" sit back and watch the holocaust because you can bet them jews were praying their hearts out . An all seeing (See everything before it happens), all knowing (know's everything and what to do) all loving ( loves everything/one). If God created the world why create evil in the first place and why not stop evil events like natural disasters from happening. I would really like a pro-faith person to see their views on it, would be interesting

Original Poster Banned

torapoole;6954281

Again, not a dig at you. But I do believe that you get over-zealous … Again, not a dig at you. But I do believe that you get over-zealous anti-religion people and their arguments become just as fruitless as those who are for religion- I suppose that's to do with fanaticism (sp?!) more than religious belief though... And I agree with you- live and let live!

See what you mean :thumbsup:
    Not seeing it as a dig btw so no worries

ryman1000;6954290

One last thing if there was a God could "they" sit back and watch the … One last thing if there was a God could "they" sit back and watch the holocaust because you can bet them jews were praying their hearts out . An all seeing (See everything before it happens), all knowing (know's everything and what to do) all loving ( loves everything/one). If God created the world why create evil in the first place and why not stop evil events like natural disasters from happening. I would really like a pro-faith person to see their views on it, would be interesting

I have a very religious friend and although I'd hate to stereotype or speak for anyone else, I believe their opinion is 'these things are set to try us/ test our faith'.... I always find that a little warped- if he is all seeing and all knowing why would he need to test you? Anyone...?

I neither have a faith nor a religion.

If we binned both, there wouldn't be half the amount of hate and hostility in the world.

These threads never end well...

*out*

Banned

ryman1000;6954290

One last thing if there was a God could "they" sit back and watch the … One last thing if there was a God could "they" sit back and watch the holocaust because you can bet them jews were praying their hearts out . An all seeing (See everything before it happens), all knowing (know's everything and what to do) all loving ( loves everything/one). If God created the world why create evil in the first place and why not stop evil events like natural disasters from happening. I would really like a pro-faith person to see their views on it, would be interesting

because that's called heaven and god gave us free will

Lulu'sMammy;6954325

I neither have a faith nor a religion.If we binned both, there wouldn't … I neither have a faith nor a religion.If we binned both, there wouldn't be half the amount of hate and hostility in the world.

I often think that, and then I wonder (and no one can answer this one!) whether we might find something else to fight about... who knows?

hdizzle;6954326

These threads never end well...*out*

Have they arrived yet??

torapoole;6954334

I often think that, and then I wonder (and no one can answer this one!) … I often think that, and then I wonder (and no one can answer this one!) whether we might find something else to fight about... who knows?

Yes money...thats why i said half.

Original Poster Banned

torapoole;6954314

I have a very religious friend and although I'd hate to stereotype or … I have a very religious friend and although I'd hate to stereotype or speak for anyone else, I believe their opinion is 'these things are set to try us/ test our faith'.... I always find that a little warped- if he is all seeing and all knowing why would he need to test you? Anyone...?

If he was the creator of the earth why make something that is incomplete and needs to be tested and needs to evolve ? Christians tried to wriggle out of the evolution theory until it was proven almost indefinite fact. I'm sure there's some crazy excuse

Atheism rules !!

Lulu'sMammy;6954337

Have they arrived yet??

Oh Yes, they came this morning

thanks again

Banned

torapoole;6954334

I often think that, and then I wonder (and no one can answer this one!) … I often think that, and then I wonder (and no one can answer this one!) whether we might find something else to fight about... who knows?

erm, money is the real reason we fight.... they just disguise it as religion
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Do cheeky drivers annoy you when they park outside your house and leave it …1628
      2. Seems that Uber will NOT have it's London Licence Renewed by TFL - declarin…2664
      3. word survey1013
      4. Try buy that Minecraft Xbone Argos deal? 10% online code in your email!1518

See more discussions