Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?

Edited by:"reindeer333"Found 20th Sep 2017
The Jemima Puddleduck 50p is selling for up to £10 on eBay. I found one in my change the other day, and as they were only released last year, there are still bound to be lots around...
2794573.jpg

Sold eBay listings:

ebay.co.uk/sch…684

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

Graham19795 m ago

Idiots and their money are easily parted.I have a 1999 1p coin, used but …Idiots and their money are easily parted.I have a 1999 1p coin, used but in good condition, you can have it for £24.99 with free postage

You are taking the 1p
15 Comments

Are these real sales? I've got 2 of these. I'll have to make sure I keep them so I end up with lots of these really do sell for this price

Original Poster

LeahsMintytoutou6 m ago

Are these real sales? I've got 2 of these. I'll have to make sure I keep …Are these real sales? I've got 2 of these. I'll have to make sure I keep them so I end up with lots of these really do sell for this price

Yes they are real sales! If you sold it for £10, minus all the eBay costs and postage, you stand to make just shy of £8 profit.

reindeer3333 m ago

Yes they are real sales! If you sold it for £10, minus all the eBay costs …Yes they are real sales! If you sold it for £10, minus all the eBay costs and postage, you stand to make just shy of £8 profit.

Think I've got a couple of each of these Beatrix potter ones. I work in cash handling so now I've got a couple of each I hand them over the customers in their change. From now on I'll put em aside and swap em. One day I'll be a millionaire!!!!

Original Poster

LeahsMintytoutou3 m ago

Think I've got a couple of each of these Beatrix potter ones. I work in …Think I've got a couple of each of these Beatrix potter ones. I work in cash handling so now I've got a couple of each I hand them over the customers in their change. From now on I'll put em aside and swap em. One day I'll be a millionaire!!!!

When I see the next listing go up with 100 for sale, I will know who it is

Seriously though, good luck, there is good money to be made

reindeer33328 m ago

When I see the next listing go up with 100 for sale, I will know who it is …When I see the next listing go up with 100 for sale, I will know who it is Seriously though, good luck, there is good money to be made

Haha same to you too

Idiots and their money are easily parted.

I have a 1999 1p coin, used but in good condition, you can have it for £24.99 with free postage

Graham19795 m ago

Idiots and their money are easily parted.I have a 1999 1p coin, used but …Idiots and their money are easily parted.I have a 1999 1p coin, used but in good condition, you can have it for £24.99 with free postage

You are taking the 1p

I have loads of coins worth money but then i look on ebay and its the ones never been in circulation that are totally spotless that go for these amounts.

Also I've noticed we have fake kew garden ones for sale ebay now

I enjoy getting a coin I've not had before and even if in years to come if I've not made any money, I've not lost any either, good way of saving
Segata-Sanshiro1 h, 48 m ago

I have loads of coins worth money but then i look on ebay and its the ones …I have loads of coins worth money but then i look on ebay and its the ones never been in circulation that are totally spotless that go for these amounts.Also I've noticed we have fake kew garden ones for sale ebay now

Graham19794 h, 53 m ago

Edited by: "LeahsMintytoutou" 20th Sep 2017

Original Poster

jax61944 m ago

Stupid people want them for their collection and will pay silly money as …Stupid people want them for their collection and will pay silly money as they can't find them other ways. Then people notice that they are selling for stupid money, the papers do a right up. Everyone checks their jars and listslist then on eBay making them worth face value and they sell for what the coins actually worth lol.I keep any different looking coin for my daughter and give them her for her collection. She has 4 or 5 of the wwf coins that were apparently worth £500 according to a few articles. Look on eBay and actually going for basically 50p.

The articles are sensationalist. From what I've seen, all the papers do is list the value as the highest amount someone has listed an item for. Therefore, I could in theory list the Kew Gardens at £250 ring the Daily Mail, and they would state the value is £250 and not what they are actually selling for which is ~ £60 - £80. This then subsequently leads to a price surge as brainless individuals start bidding wars on the old price items (i.e £60-£80) believing that they're a bargain because they are nowhere near the £250 that the media report claims, leading to price rises.

Plenty of "sold" JP 50p coins on eBay for £1 plus reasonable postage

LeahsMintytoutou1 h, 53 m ago

I enjoy getting a coin I've not had before and even if in years to come if …I enjoy getting a coin I've not had before and even if in years to come if I've not made any money, I've not lost any either, good way of saving

Well the one I have is one I have so you've not had it before, I have a special offer on at the minute, buy ONE 1p coin for £24.99 get the next half-price! I will do you a special offer £30 for both sent via RM Special Delivery

Graham19795 m ago

Well the one I have is one I have so you've not had it before, I have a …Well the one I have is one I have so you've not had it before, I have a special offer on at the minute, buy ONE 1p coin for £24.99 get the next half-price! I will do you a special offer £30 for both sent via RM Special Delivery

Oo yes please! I'll send a pigeon over with my address on a folded up sticky note and the money included

jax6195 h, 25 m ago

Stupid people want them for their collection and will pay silly money as …Stupid people want them for their collection and will pay silly money as they can't find them other ways. Then people notice that they are selling for stupid money, the papers do a right up. Everyone checks their jars and listslist then on eBay making them worth face value and they sell for what the coins actually worth lol.I keep any different looking coin for my daughter and give them her for her collection. She has 4 or 5 of the wwf coins that were apparently worth £500 according to a few articles. Look on eBay and actually going for basically 50p.

I have 9 of those wwf coins, without even trying to get one.. can't be bothered trying to sell one for a 25p loss

jax6199 h, 12 m ago

Yeah it's all pointless but daughter Acts like she likes it when I take …Yeah it's all pointless but daughter Acts like she likes it when I take her coins so it's worth it for me :-)

I would imagine all children like taking money from absent Dads. Don't think it would matter whether they were special coins or not.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants