Do you have what it takes to be a community VIP? Win some hotukdeals goodies every month!

Posted 2nd Sep
3288289.jpg
We awarded our very first VIP badge over 8 years ago! We see so much amazing community work and we want to formally recognise this with a little monthly giveaway.

Every month we'll select 3 recipients and award them the VIP badge plus we'll send them a little goody bag full of awesome hotukdeals merch.

We've been working on this idea for a little while and we have already selected the first 3 recipients who have been sent their goody bag. These members are @jayhutton10 , @DealDroid and @tregs

Please use this thread to chat away, highlight awesome community work and let us know anything you think we should consider.

What about existing VIP members?
We've got their backs. We sent over 100 Original VIP mugs to our existing VIP members over the past few weeks.

What if I am extra-awesome and get selected again?
Then we'll reward you again.

Is there any criteria to being selected?
Nope! Just be awesome. Look out for the community, contribute where you can and get involved across the site when members are looking for help.

Can I nominate someone?
Absolutely! You can do that by messaging any of the moderation team or sending a message to @hotukdeals_team Please remember though to tell us why you believe someone deserves to be recognised.

What is in the bags?
These can be subject to change but we'll always include stuff which is genuinely useful.

I've seen pics of your pens. Are they as amazing in real life?
Yes.

Full information can be found here >> MONTHLY VIP INFO <<
Community Updates
Official Announcements
Top comments
So here is the first edition goody bag....

38383446-JSBPT.jpg
Contents:

Embroidered backpack
Embroided hand-towel
hotukdeals VIP mug
Light up logo power-bank
Hot/cold hotukdeals Copper Vacuum flask
THE pen.
Edited by: "magicjay1986" 2nd Sep
I was sitting in the garden the other day when this arrived:-

38383606-71ldK.jpg

38383606-pnwyZ.jpg

38383606-FwcYf.jpg

38383606-JVk1f.jpg
Thank you HUKD

38383715-QUz5b.jpg38383715-tEUqY.jpg38383715-B4Z8o.jpg
1060 Comments
It's going to one if those threads again, the haves & have nots! Excuse me whilst I drink my tea from my plastic paper cup
Congrats to the first 3 winners! well done!.

Also a shout out for @shabbird to be VIP

38383983-zmPHN.jpg
I have a new home for my Flamedeer, thanks HUKD
Love my pressie. Thanks HUKD
Frank30uk02/09/2019 18:14

Congrats to the first 3 winners! well done!.Also a shout out for @shabbird …Congrats to the first 3 winners! well done!.Also a shout out for @shabbird to be VIP [Image] I have a new home for my Flamedeer, thanks HUKD

Thats so cute Frank
Thanks HUKD’s my mug arrived

Posted over 100 deals last month in August which is a record for me and missed out on a goody bag

I know it’s quality over quantity but 74 Hot, 28 warm and 5 cold.

Congratulations to the winners though

and I am lucky enough to have my mug to console me.

38383994-vem28.jpgEdited
I’ve dug out my sticker mule coasters
38383994-iTgkY.jpg
Edited by: "myusernamehasgone234" 2nd Sep
Here's my mug!

38383999-4avDM.jpg
I nominate FantasyDeals to win next month
Frank30uk02/09/2019 18:14

Congrats to the first 3 winners! well done!.Also a shout out for @shabbird …Congrats to the first 3 winners! well done!.Also a shout out for @shabbird to be VIP [Image] I have a new home for my Flamedeer, thanks HUKD

I have both too, the mug from hukd and the flamedeer very kindly sent to me by @jamie15 I now know where to put it
Thanks you
38384033-SQ7OO.jpg
I had a little note in my package, and it read

"A mug, for a mug."

Absolutely Nee idea what it meant, can only assume it was a nice thing.

So thanks again HUKD, YOU ROCK.

@bitcoin5 for VIP. And @shabbird

@hotukdeals_team
maccy1i02/09/2019 18:00

Good idea and while they're at it, put the Nice Guy badge back as well …Good idea and while they're at it, put the Nice Guy badge back as well

Absolutely. The nicest person on here
I too nominate @shabbird long overdue
Thank you for my VIP mug awesome colour !
38384072-xkF7j.jpg
I wish to mention 2 special members (how greedy of me!) who both fully integrated me into the wacky world of HUKD, from being a part time lurker for years!

Someone by the name of @shabbird (Not sure if they've been mentioned yet) for taking the time and effort to compile the weekly quiz and being a genuinely lovable and awesome member of this community

And also @ZanyAngel who helped me make many new HUKD friends by persuading me to join in the fun of the misc community. Me being a bit of a scaredy cat, that took some doing! She is also possibly the friendliest person on planet earth and a credit to the site

Congratulations to the newest VIPs
38384081-BGPs3.jpg
intime02/09/2019 18:29

[Image]

That is hot UK deals overload, I mean I love hot UK deals, but you have a problem
RedNWhite02/09/2019 18:28

I wish to mention 2 special members (how greedy of me!) who both fully …I wish to mention 2 special members (how greedy of me!) who both fully integrated me into the wacky world of HUKD, from being a part time lurker for years!Someone by the name of @shabbird (Not sure if they've been mentioned yet) for taking the time and effort to compile the weekly quiz and being a genuinely lovable and awesome member of this community And also @ZanyAngel who helped me make many new HUKD friends by persuading me to join in the fun of the misc community. Me being a bit of a scaredy cat, that took some doing! She is also possibly the friendliest person on planet earth and a credit to the site Congratulations to the newest VIPs

I'm a second for @ZanyAngel as well, apart from her deals (which you can always get ) I've got to know her more and she really is one of the most wonderful, selfless ladies on here a really lovely lady
Can I also nominate @jamie15 for VIP @hotukdeals_team, his just eat thread has saved me lots of money over the past year.
Sipping a perfect cup of tea while listening to some tunes. It's perfect timing as I broke my mug that said I was the world's best dad, which confused many people as I don't have any children.
38384131-aDEXA.jpg
38384133-VNbiX.jpg
psychobitchfromhell02/09/2019 17:22

If I had to nominate someone who really deserved a VIP badge it would be …If I had to nominate someone who really deserved a VIP badge it would be @shabbird for his work on the quiz. I can think of a few more too.

That was my first thought @hotukdeals_team (except that tag does not exist )
well done the three winners

Mug ta
38384135-Ut4qI.jpg
and +1 for @ZanyAngel for V.I.P. that is the throw from her deal

and got the beer today but was posted back in July

hotukdeals.com/dea…152
Edited by: "Wongy110" 2nd Sep
spannerzone02/09/2019 18:36

Sipping a perfect cup of tea while listening to some tunes. It's perfect …Sipping a perfect cup of tea while listening to some tunes. It's perfect timing as I broke my mug that said I was the world's best dad, which confused many people as I don't have any children.[Image]

Wait, your mug looks bigger than my mug

That looks the size of a Sports Direct mug...(not that I'd know )
MrSwitch02/09/2019 18:32

Can I also nominate @jamie15 for VIP @hotukdeals_team, his just eat thread …Can I also nominate @jamie15 for VIP @hotukdeals_team, his just eat thread has saved me lots of money over the past year.

Same as @MrSwitch for @jamie15 for VIP it’s long over due, can’t believe he’s not a VIP already
myusernamehasgone23402/09/2019 18:37

Same as @MrSwitch for @jamie15 for VIP it’s long over due, can’t believe he …Same as @MrSwitch for @jamie15 for VIP it’s long over due, can’t believe he’s not a VIP already

yep, @jamie15 helps lots of people and he's always been very kind to me
Edited by: "maccy1i" 2nd Sep
maccy1i02/09/2019 18:37

Wait, your mug looks bigger than my mug That looks the size of a …Wait, your mug looks bigger than my mug That looks the size of a Sports Direct mug...(not that I'd know )

No @spannerzone is just a teeny tiny weeny little borrower
maccy1i02/09/2019 18:37

Wait, your mug looks bigger than my mug That looks the size of a …Wait, your mug looks bigger than my mug That looks the size of a Sports Direct mug...(not that I'd know )

It's weird, the selfie has made everything look all out of proportion. I blame my Xiaomi Note 5 which I took the picture on... I'll have to take this up with Mrswitch who recommended the phone
MrSwitch02/09/2019 18:39

No @spannerzone is just a teeny tiny weeny little borrower

spannerzone02/09/2019 18:39

It's weird, the selfie has made everything look all out of proportion. I …It's weird, the selfie has made everything look all out of proportion. I blame my Xiaomi Note 5 which I took the picture on... I'll have to take this up with Mrswitch who recommended the phone

Well, I was going to say what a big hand you have...but we'd have got ourselves into a Fairy Tale
Edited by: "maccy1i" 2nd Sep
Very proud to have received my mug. It’s quite a few years since I got the VIP badge, so didn’t expect this. I’ve also not posted a deal for quite a while, that’s not because I’m lazy but because you lot beat me to it every time!!!38384165-wwJcI.jpg
maccy1i02/09/2019 18:40

Well, I was going to say what a big hand you have...but we'd have got …Well, I was going to say what a big hand you have...but we'd have got ourselves into a Fairy Tale

hehehe
38384174-jJI7h.jpg38384174-bISfM.jpgLoving the mug ...
spannerzone02/09/2019 18:39

It's weird, the selfie has made everything look all out of proportion. I …It's weird, the selfie has made everything look all out of proportion. I blame my Xiaomi Note 5 which I took the picture on... I'll have to take this up with Mrswitch who recommended the phone

Sowwwwy

Can I also nominate @jamie15 for VIP @hotukdeals_team, his just eat thread …Can I also nominate @jamie15 for VIP @hotukdeals_team, his just eat thread has saved me lots of money over the past year.

+1 Though never used the just eat thread.

I am honoured that someone has considered nominating me Thank you! I would love to have the VIP badge, even if I got no merch I wouldn't mind.

fearona02/09/2019 18:46

+1 Though never used the just eat thread.

Thank you! I cannot take full credit for that idea, it was all based on a misc discussion where some people wanted a thread so I decided to make one to help declutter misc, so happy it has been a success!
Edited by: "jamie15" 2nd Sep
Wongy11002/09/2019 18:36

That was my first thought @hotukdeals_team (except that tag does not exist …That was my first thought @hotukdeals_team (except that tag does not exist )well done the three winnersMug ta [Image] and +1 for @ZanyAngel for V.I.P. that is the throw from her deal

@hotukdeals_team
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants