Do you Income top-up?

Found 27th Sep 2017
Hey all,

So recently I've been thinking about getting a casual/ zero hr / part time work to supplement my income. I work 9-5 and 1 weekend every 3rd week. I am aware the taxman will have a field day but needs are must: I am wonder if you have a second job, if so what is it or what would you suggest (taking into account fax / pay / time etc). thanks all.
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
15 Comments
Go cash in hand that way you don't have to share your earnings with the man. I know a guy who does deliveries for the local Indian, gets a free curry too.

Also see if there are any benefits that you are "eligible" for. Think carer for an elderly relative.
Start posting deals, you've been a member 5 months and nothing. no financial gain but think of the sense of community.
666FU3 h, 12 m ago

Go cash in hand that way you don't have to share your earnings with the …Go cash in hand that way you don't have to share your earnings with the man. I know a guy who does deliveries for the local Indian, gets a free curry too.Also see if there are any benefits that you are "eligible" for. Think carer for an elderly relative.

which is undeclared income, which is a fraud. and thanks to people like your friend the NHS is going down, we have to pay more taxes in other things...
Edited by: "mattsk" 28th Sep 2017
I have two jobs, and once you have the tax set up it's no problem at all. However my jobs are both part time and on different days of the week so I don't have to worry about them overlapping . The only issue I find is that booking a holiday can be slightly problematic , quite often I will be on holiday from one job but not the other , so it was August this year before I got a whole week off work.

I'm not sure what type of pay you are looking for, and also how many extra hours you could reasonably do without exhausting yourself ?

Tesco quite often advertise part time work in the evening on their website which I've seen from 6 hours a week upwards. My son was looking recently for a second part time job while he applies for apprenticeships, but I didn't see anything else that would work around a 9-5 and the fact you already have a weekend commitment .
mattsk40 m ago

which is undeclared income, which is a fraud. and thanks to people like …which is undeclared income, which is a fraud. and thanks to people like your friend the NHS is going down, we have to pay more taxes in other things...

I think the filthy rich and major corporations who don't pay tax that may have a bigger impact than little Jimmy earning a couple quid on the side of a job where he already pays tax.

Can't stand the man!
The tax man won't have a field day, unless you are moving into a higher tax bracket at about £43k or above you will be taxed at 20%, the same rate as your first job.
Graham19792 h, 38 m ago

Start posting deals, you've been a member 5 months and nothing. no …Start posting deals, you've been a member 5 months and nothing. no financial gain but think of the sense of community.

you're slacking too snowflake
Matched betting it's tax free. It's something you'll have to learn though. Doesn't come with the same risks as gambling.

matchedbettingblog.com
Edited by: "ScubaDudes" 28th Sep 2017
Rusty821 h, 33 m ago

I think the filthy rich and major corporations who don't pay tax that may …I think the filthy rich and major corporations who don't pay tax that may have a bigger impact than little Jimmy earning a couple quid on the side of a job where he already pays tax.Can't stand the man!

imagine if all the little Jimmies declared their taxes, then a rich and filthy had no choice either
If I were looking for a second job, I would offer a service rather than get another job. Like cleaning, gardening, dog walking, baby sitting, painting etc. You then choose your own terms. Some job contracts prohibits you from taking on a second job.
How about deliveroo, you can do it in your car, scooter or bicycle. Work hours to suit you, it's all app based on your phone, you only deliver food from restaurant to house. Good tips especially of a weekend, plus if you do it on your bike it will keep you fit. rider.deliveroo.co.uk/app…ode
mattsk5 h, 38 m ago

imagine if all the little Jimmies declared their taxes, then a rich and …imagine if all the little Jimmies declared their taxes, then a rich and filthy had no choice either

All the little Jimmies with part time side jobs added up won't even cover ONE filthy rich tax dodger or corporation. Not even close.
Rusty8235 m ago

All the little Jimmies with part time side jobs added up won't even cover …All the little Jimmies with part time side jobs added up won't even cover ONE filthy rich tax dodger or corporation. Not even close.

citation needed
tinkerbellian28th Sep

I have two jobs, and once you have the tax set up it's no problem at all. …I have two jobs, and once you have the tax set up it's no problem at all. However my jobs are both part time and on different days of the week so I don't have to worry about them overlapping . The only issue I find is that booking a holiday can be slightly problematic , quite often I will be on holiday from one job but not the other , so it was August this year before I got a whole week off work. I'm not sure what type of pay you are looking for, and also how many extra hours you could reasonably do without exhausting yourself ? Tesco quite often advertise part time work in the evening on their website which I've seen from 6 hours a week upwards. My son was looking recently for a second part time job while he applies for apprenticeships, but I didn't see anything else that would work around a 9-5 and the fact you already have a weekend commitment .

Tesco expect you to be flexible though and could give you extra hours every week (depending on what hours you put down in your availability sheet).

Doubt they would someone who doesn't have any flexibility but they might.

I worked for them and had 16 contracted hours but I had weeks where they made me work 6 nights in a row.
Amazon flex if you drive.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions