Do you like your work colleagues ?

Found 26th Jan
endless aggravation backbiting especially all women in office

leaving do's collections for pressies ! ( mainly for people you dont even like ! )

do you like your colleagues ?? discuss ........
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
I suffer endless sexual harassment, every day at work. Im self employed and work from home
jimhuf1 h, 40 m ago

I suffer endless sexual harassment, every day at work. Im self employed … I suffer endless sexual harassment, every day at work. Im self employed and work from home

Please don't say you live with your parents.
It looks like I'm in a minority here but the people I work with, men, women, managers, everyone, are the best I've ever worked with. I never hear any bitching, we all have a good laugh and all help each other out when required and all watch each other's backs.
deeky11 m ago

We all look happy like those

Calling BS now, Deek. We all know Gordon is a miserable sod.

33144974-tVdnS.jpg
Henry is a diva...

33144974-RRuxf.jpg
James is arrogant...

33144974-JpoNa.jpg
Percy is just dead behind the eyes...

33144974-qdGOA.jpg
Suppose Thomas and Edward aren’t bad. You would be Edward by the way. Trustworthy, reliable, friendly and

old.

(I’ve put way too much thought into this for 2:30am )
40 Comments
Sounds like you have issues.

I've been working for over 30 years and not had the problems you are mentioning.

I like my job and my work colleagues, although there is one person that seems to dislike me, we just don't say anything to each other, unless it's work related.
I suffer endless sexual harassment, every day at work. Im self employed and work from home
Sounds like you have issues.

I've been working for over 30 years and not had the problems you are mentioning.

I like my job and my work colleagues, although there is one person that seems to dislike me, we just don't say anything to each other, unless it's work related.

I don't think he has issues, as you say yourself - one person dislikes you. I've worked in offices for over 35 years and have worked alone the last 4, much prefer working alone with 6music for company.
Some I do, some I don't. Mainly depends on the culture and how much politics is going on.

Having said that I don't have to like someone to work with them, some of my best working relationships have been where there is a mutual hatred of each other.
I adore my colleagues. I’m one of two females out of our team of 10, and we all get along like a big happy sexually charged family
There's lots of backstabbing and bitching at work, not forgettting all the fake friendships.
Edited by: "david_wavid" 26th Jan
missy8929 m ago

I adore my colleagues. I’m one of two females out of our team of 10, and w …I adore my colleagues. I’m one of two females out of our team of 10, and we all get along like a big happy sexually charged family

Sexually charged work environment? :O sounds fun to me
If a work environment is so bad that you would dislike everyone in said environment I would consider leaving or asking to be transferred somewhere else on the grounds that the colleagues are so toxic it negates the ability to work effectively, But I've never been in a position of disliking the people I work with so much
I don't really see my colleagues in person enough to like or dislike them. I get on with everyone as far as i know, and if they all moan about me behind my back I don't really mind as long as they get on with their job too.

None of them are the type of people i would be friends with outside of work but that is mostly because they are all significantly older than i am.
jimhuf1 h, 40 m ago

I suffer endless sexual harassment, every day at work. Im self employed … I suffer endless sexual harassment, every day at work. Im self employed and work from home

Please don't say you live with your parents.
What you need to remember is that it's a workplace. Your colleagues are not your friends. If some become your friends, then it improves the environment for you. But, you are there to work just like them.
I have worked with colleagues who lazed around and did no work. I ended up covering for them and doing everything. Thank God I left that place years ago and I hope they got fked up.
I have also worked with a manager who liked buttering and ignored what you did work-wise as long as you buttered him up. I even had one guy who would come in and read every word of his newspaper until he was done. Oh, and then there was that ex-Army knob who would always be hot-headed.
Edited by: "zworld" 26th Jan
There is one colleague whom I really liked working with, she was my boss and we ended up getting married.
No
It looks like I'm in a minority here but the people I work with, men, women, managers, everyone, are the best I've ever worked with. I never hear any bitching, we all have a good laugh and all help each other out when required and all watch each other's backs.
I get on with all my colleagues. It probably helps being a small/medium business, so less internal politics. I'm still one of the new people despite being there for 6 years!
deeky17 m ago

.... and all watch each other's backs.

No wonder the Government is always pressing Unions to introduce staff efficiencies. How many of you are there in the cab?
zworld4 h, 15 m ago

What you need to remember is that it's a workplace. Your colleagues are …What you need to remember is that it's a workplace. Your colleagues are not your friends. If some become your friends, then it improves the environment for you. But, you are there to work just like them.I have worked with colleagues who lazed around and did no work. I ended up covering for them and doing everything. Thank God I left that place years ago and I hope they got fked up.I have also worked with a manager who liked buttering and ignored what you did work-wise as long as you buttered him up. I even had one guy who would come in and read every word of his newspaper until he was done. Oh, and then there was that ex-Army knob who would always be hot-headed.

I have to say I agree with the 1st 2 sentences.i like my colleagues but I don't want to go on work or Christmas do's etc with them. I see these people all day, I don't want to spend the evening with them as well
Edited by: "AgentDaleCooper" 26th Jan
DKLS1 h, 32 m ago

There is one colleague whom I really liked working with, she was my boss …There is one colleague whom I really liked working with, she was my boss and we ended up getting married.

Oooo... that was some ballsy move there. Thankfully, it worked out or it could have been a swift kick outta the door
zworld7 m ago

Oooo... that was some ballsy move there. Thankfully, it worked out or it …Oooo... that was some ballsy move there. Thankfully, it worked out or it could have been a swift kick outta the door

We kept it secret for a year, the MD only twigged when we started submitting expense claims for 1 room and not 2 he wasn't happy, so I left that job shortly after.
33142682-oBtdZ.jpg

Love them to a man/woman.
33143622-jjhzJ.jpg
Haven't been at current job long enough, but I guess I'm lucky to not have been involved in a bitchy environment. No interest in behaving like that.

One thing that annoys me is people who try to be funny all of the time.
I much prefer a conversation about interesting things than someone incessantly trying to be funny.
Edited by: "unreality" 26th Jan
I sometimes used to put more than everyone else combined in leaving collections, and when I left I got nothing
Saturn8 h, 44 m ago

No wonder the Government is always pressing Unions to introduce staff …No wonder the Government is always pressing Unions to introduce staff efficiencies. How many of you are there in the cab?

I didn't mean literally
deeky9 h, 17 m ago

It looks like I'm in a minority here but the people I work with, men, …It looks like I'm in a minority here but the people I work with, men, women, managers, everyone, are the best I've ever worked with. I never hear any bitching, we all have a good laugh and all help each other out when required and all watch each other's backs.

What about these guys?

33144960-iy9Jt.jpg

Biddy22 m ago

What about these guys?[Image]

deeky11 m ago

Calling BS now, Deek. We all know Gordon is a miserable sod.

33144974-tVdnS.jpg
Henry is a diva...

33144974-RRuxf.jpg
James is arrogant...

33144974-JpoNa.jpg
Percy is just dead behind the eyes...

33144974-qdGOA.jpg
Suppose Thomas and Edward aren’t bad. You would be Edward by the way. Trustworthy, reliable, friendly and

old.

(I’ve put way too much thought into this for 2:30am )
Biddy25 h, 29 m ago

Calling BS now, Deek. We all know Gordon is a miserable sod.[Image] Henry …Calling BS now, Deek. We all know Gordon is a miserable sod.[Image] Henry is a diva...[Image] James is arrogant...[Image] Percy is just dead behind the eyes...[Image] Suppose Thomas and Edward aren’t bad. You would be Edward by the way. Trustworthy, reliable, friendly and old. (I’ve put way too much thought into this for 2:30am )

I can't recall ever watching it tbh bids. I was just going off their happy, smiling faces in your pic
unreality14 h, 15 m ago

Haven't been at current job long enough, but I guess I'm lucky to not have …Haven't been at current job long enough, but I guess I'm lucky to not have been involved in a bitchy environment. No interest in behaving like that.One thing that annoys me is people who try to be funny all of the time. I much prefer a conversation about interesting things than someone incessantly trying to be funny.

Agree completely with you on that
david_wavid26th Jan

There's lots of backstabbing and bitching at work, not forgettting all the …There's lots of backstabbing and bitching at work, not forgettting all the fake friendships.

Mines the same but I work from home.
oh .....
aw082 h, 50 m ago

oh .....

Don't worry about it. Everyone here is rich, successful, loves their work colleges and generally the sun shines out of their nether regions. I'm sure it's all true.
I wish I had a job so I could comment on this thread....retrospective comments on past work colleagues probably wont mean much anymore. (yes, it's been a while)
Biddy220 h, 9 m ago

Calling BS now, Deek. We all know Gordon is a miserable sod.[Image] Henry …Calling BS now, Deek. We all know Gordon is a miserable sod.[Image] Henry is a diva...[Image] James is arrogant...[Image] Percy is just dead behind the eyes...[Image] Suppose Thomas and Edward aren’t bad. You would be Edward by the way. Trustworthy, reliable, friendly and old. (I’ve put way too much thought into this for 2:30am )

Don't lie a Thomas is a smug golden child git.
seeing as someone didn't like my last comment and had it deleted.. I will give the short answer

I like my work colleagues ...

well that was a boring answer .. I much preferred my original post!
MSK.2 h, 54 m ago

Don't lie a Thomas is a smug golden child git.

33151236-izAJk.jpg
For me work is a means to an end, to pay the bills and come on HUKD and buy stuff haha

For me personally I keep myself to myself at work, crack on with the job and I'm lucky as I can listen to music/podcasts at my desk.

I agree with the OP an all female office can be very difficult in my experience, a lot of b****ing, moaning and a craving for drama and gossip. On the other side of that I can imagine an all male office to be just as bad with "my package is bigger than yours" BS.
Hate mine. Not 2 faces...about 10 each. Management do nothing.

I do not put in for collections nor do I go out socially with them.

New supervisor thought they could make things "peachy" if we do for a drink after work. Told them I do not drink with people I have no respect for.

My job is convenient and I've reduced my hours, a few new people have joined the team making it more bearable.

Please don't put up with crap from work, I can handle the idiots I work with for a few hours....

Would be interesting to know sex and age groups of these people ....mine are women aged 45 to 60
you work in nhs ??
Yeah I actually do, I work in a big office but my team is only about 10 people And we all get on, I'm not really into going out for work drinks (except for the Christmas do)
cideristhefuture20 h, 59 m ago

Would be interesting to know sex and age groups of these people ....mine …Would be interesting to know sex and age groups of these people ....mine are women aged 45 to 60

Mines a mix of 3 men and 7 women, all between 25-40
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants