Groups

Do you live in one of the UK's most desirable postcodes?

The study by the Centre for Economic and Business Research and the Royal Mail looked at the last two years and calculated the most desirable areas based on a range of factors including schools, parks, and working hours.

Now i wouldn't normally take notice of this, but like horoscopes when it concerns yourself and everything is looking good, then allowances are made

So are you on here?

P.S No.5 Wales = me

29 Comments

Original Poster

England
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/03/01/11/3DD6256000000578-4268786-image-a-9_1488369253775.jpg
    Scotland
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/03/01/11/3DCFDC4A00000578-4268786-Suburbs_in_Glasgow_dominate_Scotland_s_most_desirable_places_to_-a-4_1488369253604.jpg
    Wales
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/03/01/11/3DCFDC4200000578-4268786-In_Wales_postcodes_in_Cardiff_and_Swansea_make_up_the_majority_o-a-6_1488369253663.jpg

Northern Ireland
    http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2017/03/01/11/3DCFDC3E00000578-4268786-Craigavon_in_County_Armagh_is_the_most_desirable_postcode_in_Nor-a-8_1488369253732.jpg

Edited by: "haritori" 2nd Mar

No lol huddersfield not looking like a popular desirable place

According to Miles' study, you're very unlikely to be lonely and likely to have good quality friendships too!

Everything coming up Haritori

All the posh folk in Edinburgh are going to have a fit X)

Original Poster

moneysavingkitten

According to Miles' study, you're very unlikely to be lonely and likely … According to Miles' study, you're very unlikely to be lonely and likely to have good quality friendships too! Everything coming up Haritori

Miles has done a study?

I wouldn't trust the survey, looking at the map I thought, oh nowhere in Yorkshire, looked at the list and Leeds has moved to Manchester and Manchester's in Liverpool or St Helens.

I'm posh.................not

Well my postcode has a grand total of 3 houses on it so I'd say it's pretty desirable.

Manchester, Leeds and Cardiff !!

Original Poster

thewongwing101

Not much changed then ?http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-32016713

Changed from Haverfordwest, and I am surprised, because personally Pembroke Dock itself has become a bit run down, but I suppose its based on schools and working hours etc, not environmental factors, but a 10 minute drive takes you to some of the most beautiful beaches, but you know all this Wongy

I don't live in Eastleigh, Hampshire but its a toilet hole (_;)

haritori

Changed from Haverfordwest, and I am surprised, because personally … Changed from Haverfordwest, and I am surprised, because personally Pembroke Dock itself has become a bit run down, but I suppose its based on schools and working hours etc, not environmental factors, but a 10 minute drive takes you to some of the most beautiful beaches, but you know all this Wongy

I visited in 09' and was a bit shocked at the state of the place
    seems much better these days but doesn't really seem to have a 'town centre'
    but would prefer to live in Haverford if given he choice

Original Poster

thewongwing101

I visited in 09' and was a bit shocked at the state of the placeseems … I visited in 09' and was a bit shocked at the state of the placeseems much better these days but doesn't really seem to have a 'town centre'but would prefer to live in Haverford if given he choice

Id rather live in Haverford town centre over Pembroke Dock, but id rather live in Pembrokes outer areas than Haverfords..

haritori

Id rather live in Haverford town centre over Pembroke Dock, but id rather … Id rather live in Haverford town centre over Pembroke Dock, but id rather live in Pembrokes outer areas than Haverfords..

Oh I didn't know I could choose Pembroke.....
    yeeees I think I see your point (_;)

No9: Dronfield, are they having a laugh? I have no faith in that map at all having seen that, half the women there have more kids than they do teeth

in the scotland map,I live right beside bishopbriggs and play my golf in milngavie. so so close lol

Number 1 for Scotland

Ok, have that in my postcode but that also covers a couple of neighbouring towns which is where I am...

The Scottish one's all seem to be as far away from Scotland as possible either on the boundary with England or on remote islands. The Welsh look like they are addicted to the radioactive effluent the English pump out into the Bristol Channel. A combination of low risk radioactive waste and unprocessed sewage. My analysis of these images may have some inaccuracies.

Original Poster

Its just a bit of fun, I wouldn't take it too serious.

"​​​The Scottish one's all seem to be as far away from Scotland as possible"

I'll have what your having lol

I'm KW15

summerof76

I don't live in Eastleigh, Hampshire but its a toilet hole (_;)

Hehe!! I grew up in eastleigh, don't live too far away from there now. Have to agree with you, certainly not a desirable place to live!! Never go shopping there even though closer than southampton. Where do these surveys come from!!

Not surprised to see no sign of my kidnapped bit of Lancashire. (we were forcibly removed to Cheshire, with whom we have zero in common in 1974 and bless the older generation, they refuse to change the county on snail mail).

Well all I can say is what a load of pish.

I'm about 5 miles from #3 in England. Funny I was discussing that area a few months ago saying it was nice.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846213
      2. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)49394
      3. How dangerous is Donald trump?31156
      4. Report online material promoting terrorism or extremism35

See more discussions