Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Do you make mistakes carrying out fairly basic tasks?

Posted 28th Sep
I set off for my local betting shop this morning to put on three bets on correct score doubles on football matches. One of my bets came in, and I should have won £400. I haven't though won. I did the bet on the machine rather than writing it on a slip. I don't know why, but the printout says that I bet 2-1 on one of these games rather than 2-0, as I had planned. I could have pressed the wrong button on the machine, but I think that it is more likely that I lost concentration or got confused.

Don't worry, I don't need the winnings to feed the kids, as I don't have any. I was initially angry with myself, but now I'm just surprised by my mistake. I would be interested to hear your views on this. Do you make mistakes like this?
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
What are you doing posting this on a double glazing forum???

MR112328/09/2019 20:10

I make mistakes when I spell alot more now then I use to 10 years ago.

"a lot" "used"
16 Comments
What are you doing posting this on a double glazing forum???

Would you like a quote for a conservatory?
MR112328/09/2019 20:10

"a lot" "used"
u66454128/09/2019 20:12

"a lot" "used"

See what I mean. I would not get those wrong 10 years ago.
I seem to make more basic mistakes now than I used to, now I'm in middle age. I think God what I am going to be like if I get to old age. Will just become eccentric and embrace it I think. Halfway there now.

Just demonstrated it, editing many typos and then accidentally deleted the post instead.

Edited again. Corrected demonstrated.
Edited by: "xenophon" 28th Sep
MR112328/09/2019 20:14

See what I mean. I would not get those wrong 10 years ago.

Would you have put a question mark at the end of a question?
cmdr_elito28/09/2019 20:06

Would you like a quote for a conservatory?

yes please. I live in a fourth floor flat, will that be a problem?
psychobitchfromhell29/09/2019 07:20

yes please. I live in a fourth floor flat, will that be a problem?

No of course not. We have a range of the finest oak stilts with a 30 year guarantee.
@op on a serious note. If you drink regularly (even small amounts) this can have a bad affect on memory. Same as drugs. Exercising each day, eating well and sleeping well should see you recover in time unless you have an illness (in which case it’ll help keep slow degradation a bit).
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 29th Sep
I think it's to do with the amount you have to remember as you get older as when you were younger other people used to take care of that for you or you just didn't care
I forget stuff all the time too. Wait what am replying too...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants