do you miss the good old times?

Posted 29th Nov
do you miss the good old times when ...
  • top 20 was full of "colourful" deals ... not yet another phone, game or console
  • you could actually read all posted hukd deals for the day
  • you could quickly go through all amazon lightning deals
  • family businesses, independent retailers and smaller chain stores were thriving
  • there weren't hundreds of variants or blatant copies of the same stock produced by the same you-know-where factory branded by companies which-must-not-be-named ...
  • the choice was really yours and did not cause great disturbance in your head as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced ...

... or I'm simply slowly "mutating" into a grumpy old man
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Should have kept it a local site for local people.
Totally agree !

This place is just a cooperate money making machine now rather than money saving , they cashed on it big time and it’s swamped with millions of users so good deals go within a minute. Most deals are highlights of the company paying the biggest amount to the site ect and the paid members have made it worse by spamming the site with junk
16 Comments
I do wish i could turn back time, to the good old days, when our momma's sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out
Totally agree !

This place is just a cooperate money making machine now rather than money saving , they cashed on it big time and it’s swamped with millions of users so good deals go within a minute. Most deals are highlights of the company paying the biggest amount to the site ect and the paid members have made it worse by spamming the site with junk
Bully29/11/2019 18:12

"Hooked on HotUKDeals"... "Deal anarchy for the masses".

ashmac29/11/2019 18:20

Totally agree !This place is just a cooperate money making machine now …Totally agree !This place is just a cooperate money making machine now rather than money saving , they cashed on it big time and it’s swamped with millions of users so good deals go within a minute. Most deals are highlights of the company paying the biggest amount to the site ect and the paid members have made it worse by spamming the site with junk

Those Hukkers.
The real “good old times” died long before this tinternet malarkey. Dads went to work, mum stayed home and gave the kids cuddles. There were sole traders everywhere and We had real Pubs too. Nobody threw acid at you or stabbed you on London Bridge and the kids climbed trees scrumping. We threw chair legs at conker trees. If you wanted a bike, you made it yourself. We smoked in every shop and in the Cafes too. Real celebrities and film stars, too many to name.

yer, I miss the good old times.
ashmac29/11/2019 18:20

Totally agree ! it’s swamped with millions of users so good deals go w …Totally agree ! it’s swamped with millions of users so good deals go within a minute.

You’re sense of entitlement is showing, Ash.
Hows the free IPhone XR by the way?
Summers were better back when.

Look at your high street and compare it to how it was in 2004 and today. Look how you and those around you do their clothes, electricals, furnishings or whatever shopping and compare them within the same timeline.

Times change. It's not this site's fault, it's just a reflection of how people spend their money.
Loading.......29/11/2019 19:10

You’re sense of entitlement is showing, Ash. Hows the free IPhone XR by t …You’re sense of entitlement is showing, Ash. Hows the free IPhone XR by the way?

great thanks
Edited by: "ashmac" 29th Nov
Felicitous29/11/2019 18:01

I do wish i could turn back time, to the good old days, when our momma's …I do wish i could turn back time, to the good old days, when our momma's sang us to sleep but now we're stressed out

🎶"Warm kitty,
soft kitty,
little ball of fur.
Sleepy kitty,
happy kitty,
purr purr purr."
🎶
I’m with you recycledbin I’m a grumpy old man to(y) it’s great being grumpy
Totally agree, this site has changed massively and not in a good way. I stopped using it for a while and am seriously considering stopping again. There are so many deals for xbox games and the like, it is ridiculous. A million deals getting posted every day, most of which aren't even really a deal or just another bloody xbox/ps game.
This site was so much better back in 2012.
Edited by: "Canary0500" 30th Nov
The problem is two fold. 1 genuine deals/glitches don't come up as much. 2 to compensate HUKD has created a team to find any old deal and make it hot (pepper) and flooded the site with dodgy Chinese retailers.
Loading.......29/11/2019 18:49

The real “good old times” died long before this tinternet malarkey. Dads we …The real “good old times” died long before this tinternet malarkey. Dads went to work, mum stayed home and gave the kids cuddles. There were sole traders everywhere and We had real Pubs too. Nobody threw acid at you or stabbed you on London Bridge and the kids climbed trees scrumping. We threw chair legs at conker trees. If you wanted a bike, you made it yourself. We smoked in every shop and in the Cafes too. Real celebrities and film stars, too many to name.yer, I miss the good old times.

And we played out in all seasons.
The "good old times" --- all times when old are good ---
Are gone; the present might be if they would;
Great things have been, and are, and greater still
Want little of mere mortals but their will ...

I know that's the world we live in today ... but yet:

Do not go gentle into that good night;
Old age should burn and rave at close of day.
Rage, rage against the dying of the light

Site died when it killed off the fs/ft section. Great community on there.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants