do you need a path if you have artificial grass?

Found 27th Jul
we are having our garden landscaped soon and we are going to get atsro turf and when my wife and i were discussing where the path should go, we asked each other, do we actually need a path? Our garden is 4.5 metres wide and 16m long but if professionals are laying the astroturf on a good base, there shouldnt be a need for a bath should there/ it wont ever be muddy so I cant think of a need of a paved path
Community Updates
Ask
11 Comments
Unless its for decorative purposes, you dont need one
Yes you would be better to have a path . Normally there is a place down the bottom of the garden we regularly visit ( Shed ,Greenhouse, Seating area etc ) . Like a carpet the artificial lawn will wear and flatten on this route over time (and it will show !) - we are programmed to take the shortest route between two points .

Get a path put in now (cheaper to do it at the same time ) as we are also programmed to follow paths .
Edited by: "rogparki" 27th Jul
rogparki11 m ago

Yes you would be better to have a path . Normally there is a place down …Yes you would be better to have a path . Normally there is a place down the bottom of the garden we regularly visit ( Shed ,Greenhouse, Seating area etc ) . Like a carpet the artificial lawn will wear and flatten on this route over time - we are programmed to take the shortest route between two points . Get a path put in now (cheaper to do it at the same time ) as we are also programmed to follow paths .

that's interesting. our garden is (and will be) full of obstacles suich as kids garden table, trampoline, hammock stand, etc, so if I was to re position these every so often this might not be a problem? I just like the idea of having loads of (atrificial) grass for playing football / cricket etc with the kids
CoolCarCuffs6 m ago

that's interesting. our garden is (and will be) full of obstacles suich as …that's interesting. our garden is (and will be) full of obstacles suich as kids garden table, trampoline, hammock stand, etc, so if I was to re position these every so often this might not be a problem? I just like the idea of having loads of (atrificial) grass for playing football / cricket etc with the kids

That would help , it won't actually wear completely away ,obviously , but like the centre of your stair carpet , main route through the lounge etc it will flatten and wear over time . Won't actually be a big problem but you'll lose the glossy brochure look of a "perfect" even lawn over time .
We have our whole back garden laid with artificial grass and after two years there are no paths or wear with 4 children and two dogs. Just make sure you pick the expensive grass as it is well worth it.
just been chatting to the wife and she has reminded me that we already have a path with some good slabs and we will be pressure washing those and repurposing them. sorry all but thank you for your input, hopefully this will benefit others. Had we not had the slabs i would have been all over the wall to wall grass!
mastablasta5 m ago

We have our whole back garden laid with artificial grass and after two …We have our whole back garden laid with artificial grass and after two years there are no paths or wear with 4 children and two dogs. Just make sure you pick the expensive grass as it is well worth it.

i cannot wait to get it installed, it is going to cost a bit but it is going to be so worth it to be able to use all year round. have you had any problems with cat wee? that is the one ting bugging my wife about going for it. I dont even think we have any frequent our garden but some people online seem to have problems with them?
CoolCarCuffs27th Jul

just been chatting to the wife and she has reminded me that we already …just been chatting to the wife and she has reminded me that we already have a path with some good slabs and we will be pressure washing those and repurposing them. sorry all but thank you for your input, hopefully this will benefit others. Had we not had the slabs i would have been all over the wall to wall grass!

You might want to look at using Wet&Forget on slabs. Does an amazing job. Buy it from Costco where it is much cheaper.
Definitely don't need a path, it's lovely to walk on, even when wet , like other have said make sure u get a nice quality one. My dog loves mine
CoolCarCuffs4 h, 57 m ago

i cannot wait to get it installed, it is going to cost a bit but it is …i cannot wait to get it installed, it is going to cost a bit but it is going to be so worth it to be able to use all year round. have you had any problems with cat wee? that is the one ting bugging my wife about going for it. I dont even think we have any frequent our garden but some people online seem to have problems with them?

i have artificial grass and a cat and dog,ive never seen the cat or any cat for that matter pee on it,dog does no 1's and 2's on it all the time we have an artificial grass cleaner which we use along side baby wipes to clean the number 2's,dont do anything for the no 1's.its great to have the kids and pets out all year long as opposed to the boggy mess we used to have.
Yes you will need a path else you will get wear lines/fading over the path/route you normally take. Think of a carpet.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants