Expired

Do you need a receipt to change an item for a different size?

Found 3rd Oct 2013
My son brought some trainers yesterday from USC (shop) but when he got home he said they were quite loose ! so took them with him today when he went to college to change, I got a phone call later saying he had left the receipt at home, I said you will be ok as you are only changing the size and you only got them yesterday, so he took his lunch hour to walk to the shops and change them, when he got there he was serverd by the women who served him yesterday and had wrote in the box lid the date when sold, and she remembered him, but after talking to her superviser they would not change them as he had no reciept !! then my son got soaked walking back as it rained hard lol he was not happy with me.

So do you need a receipt or are the shop just being very very awkward?
Community Updates
6 Comments
Yes, you would normally need the receipt as you could have bought them from anywhere. Seems bad that if they remember him and even wrote something on the box that they wouldn't exchange them though.
Original Poster
cdm22

Yes, you would normally need the receipt as you could have bought them … Yes, you would normally need the receipt as you could have bought them from anywhere. Seems bad that if they remember him and even wrote something on the box that they wouldn't exchange them though.

Ok thank you I just thought if you were just exchanging you didn’t need one, I wont tell my son I was wrong :-/
Even with a receipt they don't have to exchange them. Most places do, but it's not your right.
cdm22

Yes, you would normally need the receipt as you could have bought them … Yes, you would normally need the receipt as you could have bought them from anywhere. Seems bad that if they remember him and even wrote something on the box that they wouldn't exchange them though.

I imagine it is company policy and all reciepts are sent to head office.
You dont need to provide a receipt as proof of purchase as shops are under no legal requirement to provide you with a receipt. A bank/credit card statement would be proof of purchase. As you are only wanting to exchange the item and the women who served you clearly remembers you the supervisor is just being awkward.. Maybe try emailing the company or use social media to see that the company policy is on exchanges.
most stores will ask for a receipt even if it is the same lady at the store. this is because many people purchase goods and return fake or different goods or broken. the reciept will provide proof of purchase and most stirws will ask for some ddetails incase later they find something wrong with the returned item.

know from experience.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants