Expired

do you need drawers in freezers?

Found 28th Oct 2014
I need to squeeze a freezer into a tight space, this wld be possible if i didnt need to open the door fully to take out drawers to access food, so was wondering can i buy a freezer and dump the drawers and place food directly into the space they occupy?

10 Comments

Could you have a chest freezer which opens at the top?

as long as it has shelves or as above, get a chest freezer?

sometimes the drawer fronts come off meaning you'd never need to pull them out

you would continually be re-stacking things without drawers and would be a nightmare to organise

doors are normally reversable

chocci

you would continually be re-stacking things without drawers and would be … you would continually be re-stacking things without drawers and would be a nightmare to organisedoors are normally reversable

Not if it's the usual type of freezer, where the drawers are sitting on the metal freezing element things. They would just have spaces instead of drawers, not just one empty space .

therealslimkaty

Not if it's the usual type of freezer, where the drawers are sitting on … Not if it's the usual type of freezer, where the drawers are sitting on the metal freezing element things. They would just have spaces instead of drawers, not just one empty space .

fair enough although the drawers slotted into side grooves in the only upright freezer I ever had

chest freezers are so much better overall though

do you need drawers in freezers?

simple answer: no

I pulled the drawers out of my freezer, I just use the shelves. I have miles more room now. Although I do have a chest freezer as well.

We have a really small freezer and to get the most out of it we removed the shelf and put a stacker box in.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants