Banana Splits is coming back.
Saw it advertised yesterday, can't wait :-D

Original Poster

moschino;3002268

Banana Splits is coming back. Saw it advertised yesterday, can't wait :-D

lool no way!!! blimey how strange lol

Yes they are making a new series and coming out real soon :thumbsup:
Just hope they are as good as the originals

lol we were on about the banana splits at work last night.
That is just a freaky coincidence lol.
I was about 2 at the time these came out i think lol.

ADAMHODG;3002304

lol we were on about the banana splits at work last night.That is just a … lol we were on about the banana splits at work last night.That is just a freaky coincidence lol.I was about 2 at the time these came out i think lol.

Think i was about the same age :oops:

Just read they came out in 1968 so i wasn't even born :thumbsup:

moschino;3002322

lol really?
i wasnt born until 18 years later.
must have been a repeat i can remember!:oops:

Lol yes a repeat is what you remember, they only stopped showing them about 10 years ago.
OMG 1986? I wish :oops:

ahh 70s childhood memories , banana splits and the double Decker's in the holidays, good
Then ,Flash Gordon and champion the wonder horse in B/W , and the never ending repeats of Robinson Crusoe
after all that b/w tosh ,wasnt it good when swap shop started on a saturday !

Original Poster

moschino;3002322

i was born that year lol :oops:

Original Poster

ADAMHODG;3002359

lol really?i wasnt born until 18 years later.must have been a repeat i … lol really?i wasnt born until 18 years later.must have been a repeat i can remember!:oops:

way to make a gal feel old lmao

Original Poster

andybk;3002396

ahh 70s childhood memories , banana splits and the double Decker's in the … ahh 70s childhood memories , banana splits and the double Decker's in the holidays, good Then ,Flash Gordon and champion the wonder horse in B/W , and the never ending repeats of Robinson Crusoeafter all that b/w tosh ,wasnt it good when swap shop started on a saturday !

hehehehe lol i loved swap shop it was great :thumbsup:

andybk;3002396

ahh 70s childhood memories , banana splits and the double Decker's in the … ahh 70s childhood memories , banana splits and the double Decker's in the holidays, good Then ,Flash Gordon and champion the wonder horse in B/W , and the never ending repeats of Robinson Crusoeafter all that b/w tosh ,wasnt it good when swap shop started on a saturday !

Swapshop, Tizwas and skippy yhe kangaroo. Beats the modern day rubbish hands down :thumbsup:

Although Chucklevision and Shaun the sheep are brill :-D

And all that was in the days when the shop gave you 2.5p for the glass lemonade bottles you took back , and they all think recycling is a modern idea .lol
black jacks and fuit salad were 8 for a penny then so worth having .

I remember pestering the neighbours for their glass bottles so i could buy gold rush bubblegum and sherbert pips.
Now i feel really old lol

Gobstoppers (pity I can't persuade mother in law to try one !!), Texan Bars, Spangles (poxy wrapper never came off lol), Curly Wurly's when they were huuuuuge, Sherbert Dips, Cresta )it's frothy man)

Original Poster

lol talk about memories well done guys lol

what about

space hoppers
roller skates with wheels!
french skipping
newts! what happened to them anyway? lol
grass snakes
chopper bikes (backies where allowed then too lol)
spin dryers
tom and jerry in between programs (in stead of cartoons on tap)
tenis ball in ya mums old tights and banging it up against a wall lol (or was that just me?)
floating on car trye inner tubes lool

Original Poster

Humphman;3002524

Gobstoppers (pity I can't persuade mother in law to try one !!), Texan … Gobstoppers (pity I can't persuade mother in law to try one !!), Texan Bars, Spangles (poxy wrapper never came off lol), Curly Wurly's when they were huuuuuge, Sherbert Dips, Cresta )it's frothy man)

cresta its frothy man lmao :thumbsup:

and them ice creams like a face :-D

Original Poster

ooo pogo sticks lol

http://members.aol.com/thebananasplits/bananabuggy/fleegle.gif
http://members.aol.com/thebananasplits/bananabuggy/bingo.gif
http://members.aol.com/thebananasplits/bananabuggy/drooper.gif
http://members.aol.com/thebananasplits/bananabuggy/snorky.gif

Can you name them ?

nicki3668;3002564

lol talk about memories well done guys lol what about space hoppers … lol talk about memories well done guys lol what about space hoppers roller skates with wheels! french skipping newts! what happened to them anyway? lolgrass snakes chopper bikes (backies where allowed then too lol)spin dryerstom and jerry in between programs (in stead of cartoons on tap) tenis ball in ya mums old tights and banging it up against a wall lol (or was that just me?) floating on car trye inner tubes lool

Tennis ball in mum's tights :thumbsup: Those were the days :-D

GOOD OLD DAYS!!!!!....................made me smile!!!

Original Poster

moschino;3003699

Tennis ball in mum's tights :thumbsup: Those were the days :-D

lol i thought it was just me hahahaha

That was LUXURY toys compared to some that i had .Syrup tins with strings on .............u wore them on your feet and held the string and they were called "clumpers" i kid you not !!!!!! Hard times back in the day LOLOL
I remember Banana Splits and all progs mentioned that were on in the morns in hols . Kids tv was a bit limited back in the day and before videos and dvds. " Kids these days dont know they are born" lol

skinner7408;3005159

That was LUXURY toys compared to some that i had .Syrup tins with strings … That was LUXURY toys compared to some that i had .Syrup tins with strings on .............u wore them on your feet and held the string and they were called "clumpers" i kid you not !!!!!! Hard times back in the day LOLOLI remember Banana Splits and all progs mentioned that were on in the morns in hols . Kids tv was a bit limited back in the day and before videos and dvds. " Kids these days dont know they are born" lol

Very true! I remember wearing tins with string on and we called them stilts.

Also remember wearing the tartan scarves and socks as was huge fan of bay city rollers :oops:

nicki3668;3002422

way to make a gal feel old lmao

Sorry

Original Poster

skinner7408;3005159

That was LUXURY toys compared to some that i had .Syrup tins with strings … That was LUXURY toys compared to some that i had .Syrup tins with strings on .............u wore them on your feet and held the string and they were called "clumpers" i kid you not !!!!!! Hard times back in the day LOLOLI remember Banana Splits and all progs mentioned that were on in the morns in hols . Kids tv was a bit limited back in the day and before videos and dvds. " Kids these days dont know they are born" lol

hahaha oh god id forgoten doing that lol great fun :-D
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. saying of the day89412
    2. Stay well this winter, help any vulnerable people you know too1042
    3. Did you know?2953
    4. Without giving away your age, name three things that remind you of when you…51112

See more discussions