Do you show ID's on conserts?

Found 1st May
My daughter really likes a band that'll come to the O2 arena by autumn but it turns out that you have to be 16 to be allowed in the standing area. My daughter is 15 but looks older and if she goes she'll be accompanied by another 15 year old friend and her sister plus the sisters friend, both of which are 26-27. My question is whether anyone has been asked to show ID on a consert and if you think they'll get in?
Community Updates
Ask
9 Comments
needing ID is getting more common - see all the discussions on ticket resellers.
There is always the possibility they will ask for ID.
The trouble is the promoter/venue may only have Public Liability Insurance for those aged 16+. If therewere to be a problem at the venue then they would be open to lawsuits by the families of those aged under 16. It may seem unfair but the age restriction is there for a reason.
Never been ID checked at the O2 but it's not worth the risk of buying tickets in case you get asked for ID on the day.
Edited by: "jamie015" 1st May
Also the O2 have increased their security and the enforcement is rigorously adhered to. Now no food or drink is allowed in, even down to packets of sweets. The security queues are patrolled and at least 8 lines are at each entrance gate with 2 people checking tickets and bags for each line and have to walk through an airport type scanner frame.
If your daughter can’t provide proof of age Identity, then I think there’s a very strong possibility she won’t get in.
Are there no seated tickets available?
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 1st May
Toptrumpet2 h, 3 m ago

Also the O2 have increased their security and the enforcement is …Also the O2 have increased their security and the enforcement is rigorously adhered to. Now no food or drink is allowed in, even down to packets of sweets. The security queues are patrolled and at least 8 lines are at each entrance gate with 2 people checking tickets and bags for each line and have to walk through an airport type scanner frame. If your daughter can’t provide proof of age Identity, then I think there’s a very strong possibility she won’t get in.Are there no seated tickets available?

Yeah, the food is a pain as they rummage through all of your bags. Though if you go through Sky Backstage (O2 Lounge's queue is generally busy) the queues are shorter.
I got a pack of Polos taken off me. That isnt security, thats just being pathetic.
We went to the Brits at the O2 in Feb. Tickets stated no under 16s, but there were plenty of them there obviously well under.

Doesn't necessarily mean she will be ok though.
aturner1232nd May

I got a pack of Polos taken off me. That isnt security, thats just being …I got a pack of Polos taken off me. That isnt security, thats just being pathetic.

The Polos could have a rocket launcher inside

Plus the workers was hungry
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants