Do you still wear a watch ?

Found 31st Mar
Curioous......Now there are so many items that have a clock on, even the vape gadget I'm puffing on now has one . Do you still bother wearing a watch ?
Community Updates
Ask
40 Comments
All the time.Pun not intended.
I wear my watch every day, why fumble in a bag or pocket for a mobile when you just glance at your wrist?
Yes - feel lost without mine on unless I'm in the house.
No, but I'm thinking about a smart watch. Not for telling the time though.
Edited by: "MSK." 31st Mar
Not for 15 years or more.
no
Nope , have had them bought as gifts but haven't really bothered wearing them
I've broken loads in the past at work , bit like my phones I keep smashing
Watches are a weekend thing if at all
Edited by: "Bradleigh" 31st Mar
i gave up my watch for a year but recently used it again. i don't always wear it, just when i think i need to know the time as i don't always need to know the exact time.

i am thinking of giving it up again though.
Stopped using them as I use my phone to check the time.
Everyday , I can't have my phone with me in either of my jobs , and if I'm out it tends to end up in the bottom of my bag . A watch is just easier for me , but my son and daughter who grew up with mobiles have them constantly to hand and neither of them wear a watch any more.
No; i have not worn a watch for almost thirty years.

I don't miss wearing one either. I certainly do not need a potentially conflictling source of the same information if something else I carry with me (a mobile telephone) provides this.

I have (also) thought about a Smartwatch, @MSK, but then I realise that I rarely use my Smartphone for anything 'smart', so I don't need something else that constantly needs to be updated, is often low on power, is a nuisance to put anywhere if I ever I need to take it off, or is way too expense to have on the extremity of a limb just ready to be scratched, scuffed, or broken.

Also... why would I need anything like this?

If ever I'm with one or more people, they have a gadget & prefer making sure they are not missing out on their virtual life than actually taking part in the real one around them.

Additionally, if I'm ever late for anything, somebody will ring me (on the aforementioned mobile telephone) to tell me anyway
Never. Apart from an Apple Watch that I ended up selling after a few months.
I used to wear it mainly at work to know the time as I was leaving my phone in the bag in the locker. I know it was a waste

I don't even wear bracelets or rings. I don't like stuff on my skin for some reason in general.
Edited by: "hearts22" 31st Mar
What's a watch
I wear mine at work because I count the time to go home.
I wear a watch every day
I spent most of my life working to other peoples' timetables, I'm glad I don't have to do that any more. I go to bed when I'm tired not because I have to be up at silly o'clock in the morning, and I get up when I feel rested. I don't eat at breakfast time, lunch time, dinner time, I eat when I'm hungry. Our body clocks work quite well for most things, we don't need to be dictated to by the hours in the day so what use is a watch to me?

Don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
I wear a watch every day for work. I get asked daily what the time is because other people don't wear a watch.
I wear a watch to check for emails and notifications, control music etc.
I saves looking at my phone
You can get loads of apps for modern smart watches. It's just a tool like anything else.
No don't use them. Just ask my google home mini what the time is. Others times, use my phone, or the microwave clock
fanpages4 h, 1 m ago

No; i have not worn a watch for almost thirty years.I don't miss wearing …No; i have not worn a watch for almost thirty years.I don't miss wearing one either. I certainly do not need a potentially conflictling source of the same information if something else I carry with me (a mobile telephone) provides this.I have (also) thought about a Smartwatch, @MSK, but then I realise that I rarely use my Smartphone for anything 'smart', so I don't need something else that constantly needs to be updated, is often low on power, is a nuisance to put anywhere if I ever I need to take it off, or is way too expense to have on the extremity of a limb just ready to be scratched, scuffed, or broken.Also... why would I need anything like this?If ever I'm with one or more people, they have a gadget & prefer making sure they are not missing out on their virtual life than actually taking part in the real one around them.Additionally, if I'm ever late for anything, somebody will ring me (on the aforementioned mobile telephone) to tell me anyway

Yes, the battery and updating bit would be a chore. My main reasons for wanting one is being able to design pretty faces for one and checking notifications more subtlety in moments where (it should be) inappropriate to check ones phone.
I put One of my watches on for a night out, sometimes at weekends if I’m out and about but not much more that that. Which is a bit sad as I have 5 ranging from £200 upto £3800.
MSK.51 m ago

Yes, the battery and updating bit would be a chore. My main reasons for …Yes, the battery and updating bit would be a chore. My main reasons for wanting one is being able to design pretty faces for one and checking notifications more subtlety in moments where (it should be) inappropriate to check ones phone.

You could just wear an in-ear BlueTooth "bud" & have your notifications read to you from the 'phone in your bag/pocket...

...but, yes, designing watch faces is all I'd be doing too
fanpages38 m ago

You could just wear an in-ear BlueTooth "bud" & have your notifications …You could just wear an in-ear BlueTooth "bud" & have your notifications read to you from the 'phone in your bag/pocket......but, yes, designing watch faces is all I'd be doing too

I hadn't considered having notifications read to me. I wrote like that idea, but think it might be still not subtle enough if people can see the earbud in your ear.

It's be good fun I think probably never worth the effort it would take, but if enjoy the first few designs.
Yes, every day. I have my fitbit on every day and take it off to change to a dress watch if I am going out. I must have about 15 watches including the one given to me by work, as a wedding present, 25 years ago!!
Yes daily and I try to buy a nice new one at least once every 6 months.
Never worn one, other than borrowing one at exam time.
Use mine all the time (Huawei Watch 2). Really nice to be able to track your steps without constantly carrying my phone - plus quickly replying to texts/seeing my notifications/paying for stuff without getting my phone out.

And also, it's nice to know the time without much effort - if I'm home I'd use my Google Home but when you're out it's just so much more convenient to use a watch!
The only genuinely useful piece of personal jewelry. So, a watch has a genuine utility to tell the time, in a glance, even quicker to process in the mind if it is an analog presentation. They also (can) look good. Offer a public display or wealth and taste (if that matters to you). Finally, they can be a good investment.
Whats not to like?
jamie0159 h, 31 m ago

Use mine all the time (Huawei Watch 2). Really nice to be able to track …Use mine all the time (Huawei Watch 2). Really nice to be able to track your steps without constantly carrying my phone - plus quickly replying to texts/seeing my notifications/paying for stuff without getting my phone out.And also, it's nice to know the time without much effort - if I'm home I'd use my Google Home but when you're out it's just so much more convenient to use a watch!

...unless those "steps" are at a vigorous pace so your heart rate is significantly elevated for at least 10-15 minutes, you are really not making much difference whether you are walking one thousand, six thousand, or ten thousand per day.
fanpages19 m ago

...unless those "steps" are at a vigorous pace so your heart rate is …...unless those "steps" are at a vigorous pace so your heart rate is significantly elevated for at least 10-15 minutes, you are really not making much difference whether you are walking one thousand, six thousand, or ten thousand per day.

I can check that with the constant HR measurements. Though, I'm not too bothered - I just like to know out of curiosity more than anything
jamie01548 m ago

I can check that with the constant HR measurements. Though, I'm not too …I can check that with the constant HR measurements. Though, I'm not too bothered - I just like to know out of curiosity more than anything

OK, fair enough, if you are not aiming for an equivalent walk of a certain number of miles per day.

That said, couldn't you just count them yourself?
Yep, still wear one, hate jewellery but love my watches, pretty much a watch aficionado and have quite a few, nothing beats one on your wrist and theres one for every occasion. Never look at my phone for the time, just flick my wrist and voila Suppose its a man thing, that and shoes are my obsession
I have different watches for different days, a work watch a weekend watch, and they are so cheap.

In the old days you could tell how well of a person was by the watch they had on them, i can remember about 35 years ago we were talking about someone in hushed breath who had walked into the office wearing a Rado watch (he was a Director of a ,...)
Bargainhead16 h, 27 m ago

I put One of my watches on for a night out, sometimes at weekends if I’m o …I put One of my watches on for a night out, sometimes at weekends if I’m out and about but not much more that that. Which is a bit sad as I have 5 ranging from £200 upto £3800.

What is the total value of them?

Just being nosy.
33557210-MgbNn.jpg
This is what used to dream of 40 years ago, and i could never afford/justify one
Edited by: "allowed" 1st Apr
Always, if I forget it bothers me all day
Yeah a Fitbit though
Yes.It is less of a prime target for thieves that peeking at your phone.
allowed22 h, 7 m ago

What is the total value of them?Just being nosy.

About £5400-£550
Edited by: "Bargainhead" 2nd Apr
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants