Do you support the Postal Workers Strike??

Sloth/Mod 157
Found 9th Oct 2007
With all the arguments one way or another in the thread and everyone being wrong but everyone also being right :giggle: i thought it would be interesting to see what the general consensus is.

Just to clarify, do you support the posties? Yay or Nay?

No need to argue, you can always carry that on in the other thread. :whistling: :-D

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
156 Comments

Original Poster Sloth/Mod

Forgot to add, there is no need to justify your decision and the poll is private. :thumbsup:

Ni I dont, I thought one of the things they where up in arms over was job cuts, yet by striking they are losing RM customers and therefore causing the need for job cuts. Thats my take on the situ. Feel free to correct me if i am wrong as i havent been following it that closely!

On the fence trying not to get my trousers dirty, if more strikes next week, deffo a nay though.

Nah..

Syzable

Forgot to add, there is no need to justify your decision and the poll is … Forgot to add, there is no need to justify your decision and the poll is private. :thumbsup:

Yeah, that's a good idea, but then I can't say that I voted NO and tell you all the bout the grief they are causing at work, the grief they are causing on people's livelihoods ARRRRRRRRRRRRHHHHHHHH

They deserve to be shut down now and broken up for privatisation, teach them some bloody manners. I have not heard yet what exactly they are striking for, better this and getter that? WHAT EXACTLY ARE THEIR PROBLEMS - name them, not generalise them. :whistling:

oh and yes they are annoying me and causing a lot of problems for you as well, if you are thinking of going on holiday next year better expect another rise in fares, is all I am going to say for now. thanks Pat :x

Admin

Nope..

Banned

Hell no.

Banned

what about the option of..dont care ..but like a good argument :whistling:

oh and I voted YES

i dont like it one bit but you have to suppourt them or stupid p****s who have never done a real hard days work in there life will be able to do what they want.

Perhaps when the same Post Office ( read Government ) has closed down your local Post Office and you have to queue for hours and possibly drive miles at/to the few that are left, you may well support the PO Workers.

The Government are the cause of these problems, the Post Office workers are only trying to protect the status quo.

No..I am not a Postal worker.

Prissymiss

Hell no.

second that

yes,good luck to them

Nope!

No - I want my post. I think they are just hurting themselves more in the long run.

Yup - and I've justified my reasoning behind that before :thumbsup:

No - they have it good and want to keep it that way, if they had it bad and were trying to improve things I'd support them, but that's not how I see it.

I don't support strikes of ANY kind. Reason: They frustrate and inconvenience the public more often than not (e.g. Tube Drivers, Train drivers, Teachers (they don't strike very often), postal workers.......).
I just wish all the Unions were dismantled and striking was banned - if you want to strike it basically means you don't want to work (for whatever reason: more pay, better working conditions, safety at work, sticking up for a dismissed colleague) - you should be sacked. Go and get another job and if you are not good enough to get another job - then, that's tough. You're useless and you deserve it. There are several people who don't have the option to strike if they are not happy at work - they can only quit and go and get another job. That should be the same for everyone.

A more specific reply to the "postal" strike.....
These days there is more competition in most industries and that is a good thing - it improves the service/product and generally keeps prices down also. So, now there are several companies that are allowed to compete with the Royal Mail on larger deliveries. A lot of businesses use these services - some instead of and some in place of RM. I've seen several websites stating that they will be using these other services and also courier companies while the RM strikes are going on. They might decide to stick with these companies even after the RM strike finishes.
In my area, I'm lucky if the mail is delivered on time. It is usually 2-3 days late (even with so-called first class) and when they do dleiver, it can be ANYTIME during the day - what kind of useless service is that? I really hope that these other more professional companies get more and more business and they are allowed to take on more and more of RM's present services e.g. delivering smaller parcels and letters.
In this day and age, no-one or no group should be able to have such an adverse affect on a country's economy and infrastructure especially by striking!

its not just about pay is it, its about pensions they are stopping new employees getting pension if im right.

sorry dont support them, plenty of people looking for work who would give their right arm for a job, i have a lot of friends that are posties and they know they got it good they start at 5am and are finished by 11/12

if they think their jobs bad they should work at my place

Banned

They are pee'd off cos they will be forced to work an 8 hour day....oh shame, its hard I thought as I just finished my 3rd 13 hour shift this week. Get real start working for a living if not the government will privatise it, you'll all lose your jobs anyway, pension too, and they will hire a bunch of foriegn nationals to do your menial job for ya!!

Sorry, just annoyed me today as the part for my car is held up in some sorting office somewhere

Banned

Im completely against it. As some1 said theres people who would give their right arm for a job. POSTIES ARE PATHETIC. All they are doing is annoying all of us, and if it keeps happening there wont be any royal mail to strike over.

I refuse to support people who hold the country to ransom. The damage they are causing Royal Mail and companies that rely on them is well into the 10s of millions through lost customers. Plus I'm waiting on 4 parcels >_

yup...

hmm people would give there arm for a job? thought there was plenty of jobs out there available, the job centre is always advertising.

oh you mean people would give there arm for a job that they feel suits them.

so its ok for them to not do a job they dont like but not for the posties to stand up for what they dont like.

DHL have just laid off loads of staff and moved their ops to East Midlands :whistling:

Wake up RM, times won't stand for this and neither will we :x :x

Banned

AJ2007

I don't support strikes of ANY kind. Reason: They frustrate and … I don't support strikes of ANY kind. Reason: They frustrate and inconvenience the public more often than not (e.g. Tube Drivers, Train drivers, Teachers (they don't strike very often), postal workers.......).I just wish all the Unions were dismantled and striking was banned - if you want to strike it basically means you don't want to work (for whatever reason: more pay, better working conditions, safety at work, sticking up for a dismissed colleague) - you should be sacked. Go and get another job and if you are not good enough to get another job - then, that's tough. You're useless and you deserve it. There are several people who don't have the option to strike if they are not happy at work - they can only quit and go and get another job. That should be the same for everyone.

Ye Gods. Maggie is back!!!!!

The current lack of Union power is the reason employers are now able to do as they please. Why exactly do you think it OK for employers to rewrite someones contract of employment?

Lets open some Victorian workhouses! Sounds like that would make you happy.

Banned

UltimoScorpion

They are pee'd off cos they will be forced to work an 8 hour day.

No, there are several factors. One if which is Pensions. If you worked for a company that re-wrote the rules, I doubt you would be best pleased.

...oh shame, its hard I thought as I just finished my 3rd 13 hour shift … ...oh shame, its hard I thought as I just finished my 3rd 13 hour shift this week.

No doubt thats your choice - and I'd bet your pay is far more than a postmans.

Get real start working for a living if not the government will privatise … Get real start working for a living if not the government will privatise it, you'll all lose your jobs anyway, pension too, and they will hire a bunch of foriegn nationals to do your menial job for ya!!

I think the Queen might have something to say about that - and as for hireing a bunch of foreign nationals, thats exactly what they are doing (in my area anyway.) Its pretty much why my mail goes astray.

Sorry, just annoyed me today as the part for my car is held up in some … Sorry, just annoyed me today as the part for my car is held up in some sorting office somewhere

Dont you think it would have made sense to post via Courier? RM is more often than not, dearer than couriers anyway.

I work for Royal Mail and will attempt to clarify a few things and put to rest a few myths that some people on here seem to believe...

I will state straight away though that being sat in my backside for the last four days doing jack sh*t has been the most difficult time I have experienced in my 10 years in the job and I sure as hell dont support these 48 hour (might as well call it a 96 hour) strike(s).

The problem can be cut down into several catagories - change of working practice, the government, pensions...

First - the change of working practice - there seems to be a common misconception that we "ALL" start at 5 and finish by 11am - if only, 99% of the time I work my full 8 hours that I am PAID to work and then stay on till 6pm that night on collections, Royal Mail want to mess around with this and instead of me working my designated route day after time and start/finish at stated times - they want to be able to call the shots on a daily basis - ie change the starting/finishing hours when they see fit, they also want us to be flexible concerning mail volumes - ie in autumn/winter when the volume of mail is at it peak they want us to work longer hours at a basic rate of pay, that is countered by them wanting us to work alot shorter hours (and pay us less) in the summer when the volume of traffic is down - not really a stable working environment is it?
Add to that - they want to introduce a "teamworking" mentality to the business where you are put into groups of so many people - if one/several of your group decide to pull a sickday then the rest of the group are obliged to cover the vacant deliveries with no extra pay -acceptable? I dont think so...

The above is just touching the surfice of conditions they want to attach to the job - they are the ones which concern me most but now I'll move onto the Government's role in all this...

Last time I looked - Royal Mail were still owned by the Government - certainly both the goverment and RM managers have done very well from the profits over the years - that was until they dried up...so here comes a little hypocrisy - the government deploy a "postal regulator" in order to straighten out Royal Mail and bring them to task with a number of risning problems that are occuring.
The first thing this regulator does is open up the mail business to competition - nothing wrong with that - business is business and RM had it far too good for far too long - so now they have a little competition and that always means prices will drop and give the customer a choice...
Unfortunately for Royal Mail, there was a catch with the business being opened up to all - rivals could come in and bid for Royal Mail contracts with the likes of Amazon, and say Barclaycard (statements etc) and they were able to go to these people and offer to handle their mail for a cheaper price than Royal Mail, HOWEVER, the regulator put sanctions in place that stopped Royal Mail from lowering their own prices to compete with the competition - the outcome - RM lose all the contracts to companies undercutting them cos they are not allowed to lower their prices to compete - I mentioned hypocrisy early - surely its evident cos the government employed this regulator to pretty much decimate one of its own companies!!!

Now - the pensions issue...the basic argument surrounding this is the £3.5 billion hole that their is in our pension fund and Royal Mail's plan to deal with that in the way of job cuts - linked to the above mentioned flexibility (if they can lose a worker or two with others taking their work for free they will) and then the icing on the cake which is raise the retirement age from 60 to 65...
The grand plan of all this is to use the savings made from job losses and NI contributions made from employees working an extra 5 years to plug that 3.5 billion hole. So in basic terms they are expecting the likes of myself to work and extra 5 years to pay for their f*ck up with the pension fund. Its like one fo you guys borrowing cash from your best mate and then expecting them to forget about it and in turn them having to work extra hours to make up for something you, yourself cant pay them back...

Like I said I dont support these lengthy strikes - the last 4 days have cost me in excess of £400 in take home earnings, not to mention delays of important documentation I too have been waiting for - lost in the post - we too are customers of the business at the end of the day - so all I ask is a little "intelligent thinking" when making sweeping generalisations about us Posties - we are not all cut from the same cloth and with the most important time of the year fast approaching (not to mention the busiest) all I can hope for is a sensible resolution to be found that is both fair and in keeping with the radical modernisation that the business is currently undergoing!

Thanks for reading!

honestly dont think the posties are going to win over this.
the government are really trying to run the rm to the ground.
they dont want it
they are probably tidying it up a bit to sell it

they are going to privatise it

jasonrat

honestly dont think the posties are going to win over this.the government … honestly dont think the posties are going to win over this.the government are really trying to run the rm to the ground.they dont want itthey are probably tidying it up a bit to sell itthey are going to privatise it

Totally agree with all that.

Interesting as well that Allan Leighton owns a substantial amount of shares in TNT - one of Royal Mail's biggest competitors :-(

Y2Jono

I work for Royal Mail and will attempt to clarify a few things and put to … I work for Royal Mail and will attempt to clarify a few things and put to rest a few myths that some people on here seem to believe...I will state straight away though that being sat in my backside for the last four days doing jack sh*t has been the most difficult time I have experienced in my 10 years in the job and I sure as hell don't support these 48 hour (might as well call it a 96 hour) strike(s).The problem can be cut down into several categories - change of working practice, the government, pensions...First - the change of working practice - there seems to be a common misconception that we "ALL" start at 5 and finish by 11am - if only, 99% of the time I work my full 8 hours that I am PAID to work and then stay on till 6pm that night on collections, Royal Mail want to mess around with this and instead of me working my designated route day after time and start/finish at stated times - they want to be able to call the shots on a daily basis - ie change the starting/finishing hours when they see fit, they also want us to be flexible concerning mail volumes - ie in autumn/winter when the volume of mail is at it peak they want us to work longer hours at a basic rate of pay, that is countered by them wanting us to work alot shorter hours (and pay us less) in the summer when the volume of traffic is down - not really a stable working environment is it?Add to that - they want to introduce a "teamworking" mentality to the business where you are put into groups of so many people - if one/several of your group decide to pull a sickday then the rest of the group are obliged to cover the vacant deliveries with no extra pay -acceptable? I dont think so...The above is just touching the suffice of conditions they want to attach to the job - they are the ones which concern me most but now I'll move onto the Government's role in all this...Last time I looked - Royal Mail were still owned by the Government - certainly both the government and RM managers have done very well from the profits over the years - that was until they dried up...so here comes a little hypocrisy - the government deploy a "postal regulator" in order to straighten out Royal Mail and bring them to task with a number of rising problems that are occurring.The first thing this regulator does is open up the mail business to competition - nothing wrong with that - business is business and RM had it far too good for far too long - so now they have a little competition and that always means prices will drop and give the customer a choice...Unfortunately for Royal Mail, there was a catch with the business being opened up to all - rivals could come in and bid for Royal Mail contracts with the likes of Amazon, and say Barclaycard (statements etc) and they were able to go to these people and offer to handle their mail for a cheaper price than Royal Mail, HOWEVER, the regulator put sanctions in place that stopped Royal Mail from lowering their own prices to compete with the competition - the outcome - RM lose all the contracts to companies undercutting them cos they are not allowed to lower their prices to compete - I mentioned hypocrisy early - surely its evident cos the government employed this regulator to pretty much decimate one of its own companies!!!Now - the pensions issue...the basic argument surrounding this is the £3.5 billion hole that their is in our pension fund and Royal Mail's plan to deal with that in the way of job cuts - linked to the above mentioned flexibility (if they can lose a worker or two with others taking their work for free they will) and then the icing on the cake which is raise the retirement age from 60 to 65...The grand plan of all this is to use the savings made from job losses and NI contributions made from employees working an extra 5 years to plug that 3.5 billion hole. So in basic terms they are expecting the likes of myself to work and extra 5 years to pay for their f*ck up with the pension fund. Its like one of you guys borrowing cash from your best mate and then expecting them to forget about it and in turn them having to work extra hours to make up for something you, yourself cant pay them back...Like I said I don't support these lengthy strikes - the last 4 days have cost me in excess of £400 in take home earnings, not to mention delays of important documentation I too have been waiting for - lost in the post - we too are customers of the business at the end of the day - so all I ask is a little "intelligent thinking" when making sweeping generalisations about us Posties - we are not all cut from the same cloth and with the most important time of the year fast approaching (not to mention the busiest) all I can hope for is a sensible resolution to be found that is both fair and in keeping with the radical modernisation that the business is currently undergoing!Thanks for reading!

Well at bloody last I got to the bottom of this, thank you :thumbsup:

But BA also has a large pension hole so RM is not the only one in that boat so maybe a takeover would help this little cause out.

As for working practices, they do seem a little harsh but if you have missed out on (in excess of ) £400 in the last four days, you are on a hell of a lot more money than me and I don't have any pension funding, privately or otherwise.

If you think you would be better off working for the likes DHL or DP then carry on with the strike (I know you don't agre with it personally) but I would say you are in a very well paid job there. If you feel that upset about crossing the picket lines then maybe it is time to find a similarly well paid job :w00t: and I think you would not find it that easy, you are not exactly glowing with qualifications and all the NVQ's that the kids are getting nowadays would probably outshine you in any interview. I suppose it is a bit like being a bus driver, it's a responsible and professional job but could you take with you to get a better job? especially as you have been there 10 years. ([SIZE=1]Not having a go at you or anything, but I was also once caught up in a union which I was forced to join and did not like the way the union were always holding hands with the management, but I do think you are on a good wage with the chance of paid overtime, unlike me)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1][/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Thanks for taking the time to explain the reasons, I have being listening out for over the last 4 days on the radio.[/SIZE]

Y2Jono

I work for Royal Mail and will attempt to clarify a few things and put to … I work for Royal Mail and will attempt to clarify a few things and put to rest a few myths that some people on here seem to believe...I will state straight away though that being sat in my backside for the last four days doing jack sh*t has been the most difficult time I have experienced in my 10 years in the job and I sure as hell dont support these 48 hour (might as well call it a 96 hour) strike(s).The problem can be cut down into several catagories - change of working practice, the government, pensions...First - the change of working practice - there seems to be a common misconception that we "ALL" start at 5 and finish by 11am - if only, 99% of the time I work my full 8 hours that I am PAID to work and then stay on till 6pm that night on collections, Royal Mail want to mess around with this and instead of me working my designated route day after time and start/finish at stated times - they want to be able to call the shots on a daily basis - ie change the starting/finishing hours when they see fit, they also want us to be flexible concerning mail volumes - ie in autumn/winter when the volume of mail is at it peak they want us to work longer hours at a basic rate of pay, that is countered by them wanting us to work alot shorter hours (and pay us less) in the summer when the volume of traffic is down - not really a stable working environment is it?Add to that - they want to introduce a "teamworking" mentality to the business where you are put into groups of so many people - if one/several of your group decide to pull a sickday then the rest of the group are obliged to cover the vacant deliveries with no extra pay -acceptable? I dont think so...The above is just touching the surfice of conditions they want to attach to the job - they are the ones which concern me most but now I'll move onto the Government's role in all this...Last time I looked - Royal Mail were still owned by the Government - certainly both the goverment and RM managers have done very well from the profits over the years - that was until they dried up...so here comes a little hypocrisy - the government deploy a "postal regulator" in order to straighten out Royal Mail and bring them to task with a number of risning problems that are occuring.The first thing this regulator does is open up the mail business to competition - nothing wrong with that - business is business and RM had it far too good for far too long - so now they have a little competition and that always means prices will drop and give the customer a choice...Unfortunately for Royal Mail, there was a catch with the business being opened up to all - rivals could come in and bid for Royal Mail contracts with the likes of Amazon, and say Barclaycard (statements etc) and they were able to go to these people and offer to handle their mail for a cheaper price than Royal Mail, HOWEVER, the regulator put sanctions in place that stopped Royal Mail from lowering their own prices to compete with the competition - the outcome - RM lose all the contracts to companies undercutting them cos they are not allowed to lower their prices to compete - I mentioned hypocrisy early - surely its evident cos the government employed this regulator to pretty much decimate one of its own companies!!!Now - the pensions issue...the basic argument surrounding this is the £3.5 billion hole that their is in our pension fund and Royal Mail's plan to deal with that in the way of job cuts - linked to the above mentioned flexibility (if they can lose a worker or two with others taking their work for free they will) and then the icing on the cake which is raise the retirement age from 60 to 65...The grand plan of all this is to use the savings made from job losses and NI contributions made from employees working an extra 5 years to plug that 3.5 billion hole. So in basic terms they are expecting the likes of myself to work and extra 5 years to pay for their f*ck up with the pension fund. Its like one fo you guys borrowing cash from your best mate and then expecting them to forget about it and in turn them having to work extra hours to make up for something you, yourself cant pay them back...Like I said I dont support these lengthy strikes - the last 4 days have cost me in excess of £400 in take home earnings, not to mention delays of important documentation I too have been waiting for - lost in the post - we too are customers of the business at the end of the day - so all I ask is a little "intelligent thinking" when making sweeping generalisations about us Posties - we are not all cut from the same cloth and with the most important time of the year fast approaching (not to mention the busiest) all I can hope for is a sensible resolution to be found that is both fair and in keeping with the radical modernisation that the business is currently undergoing!Thanks for reading!

Best post in this thread so far. Thanks for the update. Rep left.

jasonrat

honestly dont think the posties are going to win over this.the government … honestly dont think the posties are going to win over this.the government are really trying to run the rm to the ground.they dont want itthey are probably tidying it up a bit to sell itthey are going to privatise it

If they do sell it, don't expect that a normal stamp will get your letter to outlying districts, it will not.

The likes of TNT and DHL only want the cream.

I'd quite happily pay £1 to send a letter, knowing that it would get to its destination 24 hours after I posted it, and I am sure that a lot of people would too. i dont send many letters (more emails and the like) but I can see why this may be a problem to businesses. Maybe they will have to be foreced into using electronic means (I already get my Orange bill as a PDF from their site so I am sure its only a matter of time before others follow suit).

Most of todays correspondance is sent via email or the interweb anyway, so the days of the hunble letter are nearing its end IMHO. Parcels and packets are where the money is now and even then the RM have already lost out to couriers etc.

Cant see it being too long before RM is no more and all this striking looks like it will bring it crashing to the ground sooner rather than later, which is a shame for all those involved.

Striking in this instance is doing the posties no favours at all, so I voted No.

Banned

to be honest, i really really dont support it. totally against it. i thinks its totally selfish. you dont see supermarket workers or factory works on min wage walking out becuase they dont get paid enough, they just get on with it.

The other aspect of this is that much of the competition legislation isn't coming from our national government but ... you guessed it, Europe. The postal service directives are responsible for the ridiculous pricing by weight & size idea. It is the European postal directive that said that postal markets should be opened up to competition by 2009. Guess which government implemented all the directives & more besides?!!

I'm grateful to Y2Jono for giving us all some more background to the issues - all we are ever told about in the media is "pay & conditions" which could mean just about anything.

Don't know if I support the action or not coz I don't believe I've heard all the arguments fully. However I do think it is essential that workers are allowed & prepared to take the ultimate step of witholding their labour, though I think it should be action of last-resort.

What I can't stand is those who so glibly say, "If you don't like it, get another job". As an argument it ranks about as low as, "Only those who've got something to hide are bothered about civil liberties" for ignorance & crassness.

No offense, but that's probably the smartest postman in the world right there.

having read the details i can say i fully support the workers on this dispute, if this dispute fails i can see Royal Mail no longer being the national carrier of post and it will be down to management greed.

Y2Jono

I work for Royal Mail and will attempt to clarify a few things and put to … I work for Royal Mail and will attempt to clarify a few things and put to rest a few myths that some people on here seem to believe...I will state straight away though that being sat in my backside for the last four days doing jack sh*t has been the most difficult time I have experienced in my 10 years in the job and I sure as hell dont support these 48 hour (might as well call it a 96 hour) strike(s).The problem can be cut down into several catagories - change of working practice, the government, pensions...First - the change of working practice - there seems to be a common misconception that we "ALL" start at 5 and finish by 11am - if only, 99% of the time I work my full 8 hours that I am PAID to work and then stay on till 6pm that night on collections, Royal Mail want to mess around with this and instead of me working my designated route day after time and start/finish at stated times - they want to be able to call the shots on a daily basis - ie change the starting/finishing hours when they see fit, they also want us to be flexible concerning mail volumes - ie in autumn/winter when the volume of mail is at it peak they want us to work longer hours at a basic rate of pay, that is countered by them wanting us to work alot shorter hours (and pay us less) in the summer when the volume of traffic is down - not really a stable working environment is it?Add to that - they want to introduce a "teamworking" mentality to the business where you are put into groups of so many people - if one/several of your group decide to pull a sickday then the rest of the group are obliged to cover the vacant deliveries with no extra pay -acceptable? I dont think so...The above is just touching the surfice of conditions they want to attach to the job - they are the ones which concern me most but now I'll move onto the Government's role in all this...Last time I looked - Royal Mail were still owned by the Government - certainly both the goverment and RM managers have done very well from the profits over the years - that was until they dried up...so here comes a little hypocrisy - the government deploy a "postal regulator" in order to straighten out Royal Mail and bring them to task with a number of risning problems that are occuring.The first thing this regulator does is open up the mail business to competition - nothing wrong with that - business is business and RM had it far too good for far too long - so now they have a little competition and that always means prices will drop and give the customer a choice...Unfortunately for Royal Mail, there was a catch with the business being opened up to all - rivals could come in and bid for Royal Mail contracts with the likes of Amazon, and say Barclaycard (statements etc) and they were able to go to these people and offer to handle their mail for a cheaper price than Royal Mail, HOWEVER, the regulator put sanctions in place that stopped Royal Mail from lowering their own prices to compete with the competition - the outcome - RM lose all the contracts to companies undercutting them cos they are not allowed to lower their prices to compete - I mentioned hypocrisy early - surely its evident cos the government employed this regulator to pretty much decimate one of its own companies!!!Now - the pensions issue...the basic argument surrounding this is the £3.5 billion hole that their is in our pension fund and Royal Mail's plan to deal with that in the way of job cuts - linked to the above mentioned flexibility (if they can lose a worker or two with others taking their work for free they will) and then the icing on the cake which is raise the retirement age from 60 to 65...The grand plan of all this is to use the savings made from job losses and NI contributions made from employees working an extra 5 years to plug that 3.5 billion hole. So in basic terms they are expecting the likes of myself to work and extra 5 years to pay for their f*ck up with the pension fund. Its like one fo you guys borrowing cash from your best mate and then expecting them to forget about it and in turn them having to work extra hours to make up for something you, yourself cant pay them back...Like I said I dont support these lengthy strikes - the last 4 days have cost me in excess of £400 in take home earnings, not to mention delays of important documentation I too have been waiting for - lost in the post - we too are customers of the business at the end of the day - so all I ask is a little "intelligent thinking" when making sweeping generalisations about us Posties - we are not all cut from the same cloth and with the most important time of the year fast approaching (not to mention the busiest) all I can hope for is a sensible resolution to be found that is both fair and in keeping with the radical modernisation that the business is currently undergoing!Thanks for reading!

everyones retirement age has been increased to 65

why should postal workers be any different?

please note womens retirement age stays at 60 because they on average live 7 years longer than men and therefore should retire earlier?!?!?

no sex discrimination in the workplace though !?!?!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Have you been to Nandos?1023
    2. Sonos and Black Friday12
    3. water bill1021
    4. Is this a good deal for a gaming laptop34

See more discussions