Groups

Do you take your change in a shop?

As per title:

Do you wait for your change in shops? Or walk away?

1p, 5p, even more?

How much does it have to be before you wait?

29 Comments

Original Poster

Goes without saying, no trolls please (rodents/dead presidents specially)

In before TREE FIDDY

I always wait for my change- Doesn't everyone?

if their is a long line i dont wite unless its over lets say 15p but if its empty i wait for even 1p

Yes I do - if the shop wants the penny then they should price things at a full pound.

If they want to try & persuade me that something is really cheap just because it's a penny cheaper then they have to give me the penny.

bout tree fiddy

Original Poster

Anyone feel really cheap waiting for a penny?

if it's up to about 10p i tell them to put it in the charity box

Original Poster

skusey;4668154

bout tree fiddy

:rolleyes:

We always take our change cos we save it up. We have over £500 for our holiday money in 2 weeks from saving for about 6 months & we didn't even notice we were saving! Bonus!

I wait for my change no matter what it is! however many people dont-I have had people walk away with anything from ten pence to 3 quid change coming and they just wave at the charity bottle on the counter and tell me to put it in there.

I work in matalan and people sometimes walk off without there shopping let alone there change!!

One time a couple walked off as I was getting there change, something like 3.15 and i really REALLY tempted just to put it in m y back pocket for the vending machine but I called them back and gave it

as for myself i do wait and i dont feel cheep because i just bought something

Most shops give change at the same time as giving a receipt. I have walked away before as i paid the right amount therefore not needing change and the shop asistant yelled at me telling me i must have my receipt!

wow, two posts while i was typing must be typing slooow

Always get my change as it goes in a big bottle for my daughter. We then periodically pay it into her bank account

I usually wait for my change then put it in the collection box.

I only take notes into a shop, hardly ever carry change.

If I'm buying something that costs more than £5 and less than £10 I always walk straight to the front of the queue, show the item to the cashier, throw £10 at them, tell them "to buy something nice with the change" and then then walk out of the shop.

-If something is less than £5, I pay using a £5 note and never wait for change.
    -If something is less than £10 but more than £5, I pay using a £10 note and never wait for change.
    -If something is less than £15 but more than £10, I pay using a £5 note and a £10 note and never wait for change.

ETC.

However if something is more than £30 but less than £50 I pay with a £50 note and let them keep the change.

If something is more than £50 but less than £100 I pay with two £50 notes and let them keep the change.

If something is more than £100 I usually pay on card and sometimes give the cashier some notes for the hell of it.

Of course I take it... Imagine how much profit they would make if every single person left that penny....

ps....how I wish this place had the facility to spam individual posts!!!

Original Poster

The JFK;4668467

I only take notes into a shop, hardly ever carry change.If I'm buying … I only take notes into a shop, hardly ever carry change.If I'm buying something that costs more than £5 and less than £10 I always walk straight to the front of the queue, show the item to the cashier, throw £10 at them, tell them "to buy something nice with the change" and then then walk out of the shop.-If something is less than £5, I pay using a £5 note and never wait for change.-If something is less than £10 but more than £5, I pay using a £10 note and never wait for change.-If something is less than £15 but more than £10, I pay using a £5 note and a £10 note and never wait for change.ETC.However if something is more than £30 but less than £50 I pay with a £50 note and let them keep the change.If something is more than £50 but less than £100 I pay with two £50 notes and let them keep the change.If something is more than £100 I usually pay on card and sometimes give the cashier some notes for the hell of it.

^^^ you obviously can't read.

see post #1

it's better in my pocket then theres

grex9101;4668499

^^^ you obviously can't read.see post #1

Post #1 =

As per title:

Do you wait for your change in shops? Or walk away?

1p, 5p, even more?

How much does it have to be before you wait?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

What am I meant to be looking at?

Original Poster

The JFK;4668521

Post #1 = As per title:Do you wait for your change in shops? Or walk … Post #1 = As per title:Do you wait for your change in shops? Or walk away?1p, 5p, even more?How much does it have to be before you wait?-----------------------------------------------------------------------------What am I meant to be looking at?

Sorry, post #2.

[email protected] pretending to have lots of money

If i give them a pound and the thing i am buying is say 85p or more i just walk away.

The JFK;4668467

I only take notes into a shop, hardly ever carry change.If I'm buying … I only take notes into a shop, hardly ever carry change.If I'm buying something that costs more than £5 and less than £10 I always walk straight to the front of the queue, show the item to the cashier, throw £10 at them, tell them "to buy something nice with the change" and then then walk out of the shop.-If something is less than £5, I pay using a £5 note and never wait for change.-If something is less than £10 but more than £5, I pay using a £10 note and never wait for change.-If something is less than £15 but more than £10, I pay using a £5 note and a £10 note and never wait for change.ETC.However if something is more than £30 but less than £50 I pay with a £50 note and let them keep the change.If something is more than £50 but less than £100 I pay with two £50 notes and let them keep the change.If something is more than £100 I usually pay on card and sometimes give the cashier some notes for the hell of it.

Do they take that sort of money in a charity shop?

Original Poster

tigerallstars;4668570

Do they take that sort of money in a charity shop?

It's monopoly money, it might help them make a complete game :thumbsup:

grex9101;4668602

It's monopoly money, it might help them make a complete game :thumbsup:

In reply to the OP, I always wait for my money to be returned in common politeness. Then if I feel like it I will put it in the charity box or pocket it. When I get home I put it all in a mahussive Bell's whiskey bottle and that's goes towards spending money on my next holiday:thumbsup:

When I worked in a bar some people walked away without a £10 note or a £5 note.

Of course I tried to find them in the very busy bar to give it to them lol:whistling:

Look after the pennies.........In my local Morrisons recently the girl behind the counter was saying she had no coppers and short changed everyone by 1p or 2p. I watched her take an extra 18p while I was queing and was 2p short or had to change a pound so I gave her the money and said " I have no change" she thanked me and as I walked away I explained that I had short changed her, her face as picture and the rest of the customers did a little cheer of support!!!

there's lots of shops that don't accept £50 notes because there are too many forgeries of them

I wait most of the time, other times I don't care for the penny - Anything over a penny I stay for.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Any free Now TV sports passes?22
      2. Best VR games?22
      3. What to do?????23
      4. Virgin Media Superhub 3 Settings55

See more discussions