Groups

Do you think a wireless keyboard will get me back into online pc gaming?

May sound like a silly question but reason is, that I first played online games 8 years ago and loved them, then 6 years ago played them for a few months as had internet for a while, then 4 years ago got my first flat with broadband with it, since then I have played games less and less as there is a element of comfort involved

Sitting on a pc chair doesnt feel that comfortable, and yet sitting on a sofa feels awkward as I have cables dangling around.

I was thinking maybe a wireless keyboard would help as then I could sit in other corner of room on other sofa and play game without having to sit next to pc.

If so what I was worried about was lag and short battery life, the only time I ever used a wireless usb mouse was 6 years ago and the batteires died within days of using them.

10 Comments

My mate uses a wireless keyboard when we play Borderlands together, with him having his PC hooked up to the TV. The setup works okay. There's a limit on how many keys he can simultaneously push and they do get stuck, but the battery life is really good, although the range is only about 6ft. Whether a wireless keyboard would prompt you back into gaming though, I don't know.

Original Poster

dxx

My mate uses a wireless keyboard when we play Borderlands together, with … My mate uses a wireless keyboard when we play Borderlands together, with him having his PC hooked up to the TV. The setup works okay. There's a limit on how many keys he can simultaneously push and they do get stuck, but the battery life is really good, although the range is only about 6ft. Whether a wireless keyboard would prompt you back into gaming though, I don't know.

I would assume the main sofa I sit on is under a foot from pc, but the other sofa I would say is about 8 ft.

I would assume psycology comes into it too though, as pc gaming feels so cluttered with 2 screens, keyboard, mouse etc so if I just get a wireless keyboard and mouse I can sit a few feet from tv on my pc gaming chair and feel uncluttered.

Give it a go and see.

i am also looking to get a setup that i have connected the pc to the tv in bedroom via hdmi

Tip: Buy a comfortable desk chair. Invest in a good one and you won't have to move all day. Yeah, its more expensive than trying a new keyboard but a decent chair will last you many years (look for executive office furniture )

I wouldn't play any games with a wireless keyboard and mouse because of the input lag, like someone said, better to invest in an expensive chair!

http://corruptcitizen.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/03/cool-story-bro.jpg&t=1

Just use a Xbox controller for PC gaming.

dcx_badass

Ahahahaha xbox controller for an FPS what a joker.

You should learn what FPS is before you Mumble.

Banned

dcx_badass

I use a wireless keyboard, has had the same batteries for over 6 months … I use a wireless keyboard, has had the same batteries for over 6 months now and is used a few hours a day, use a wired mouse though, mine can take loads of keys at once, I still game at my desk though, although I rarely bother anymore, maybe an hour a week.

wow you are so cool. I wish I could be just like you.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITHOUT* A VPN (Virtual Private Netwo…1851339
      2. Lets hope that there are as few injuries as possible - Parson's Green40210
      3. EasyJet flights for summer 2018 (up until 2nd Sept 2018) will be released o…11
      4. Potential upcoming Argos glitch or buggy app?109

See more discussions