Do you think that gearbest should be banned from Hotukdeals??

Found 2nd Dec 2015
I found out that they have manipulated hundreds of reviews + they seam like an unreliable merchandiser...

18th November 2015

Dear Trustpilot users,

This is a notification to inform you that our proprietary software has discovered a large number of fake reviews on this domain. Consequently, we have investigated all reviews connected to this domain and have removed several hundreds of reviews from the domain. Manipulation of reviews is a great threat to both consumers and businesses. We will continue to fight attempts to manipulate reviews to safeguard the integrity of Trustpilot, and we will share information about such severe and coordinated attempts with our users. Please refer to our blog post to read more about our latest initiatives to combat fake reviews.

uk.trustpilot.com/rev…com
Community Updates
Ask
20 Comments
I'm sure they'll be OK as long as they pay their referral fees .
I've spent a few hundred with them on 15 + orders and not had a single issue yet so I'm going to say no...
Used GB several times, I doubt I will again.

Item never arrived, was told there was no tracking for it. 6 weeks pass and bullpoo excuses given, I took it to PayPal dispute, GB emailed me asking I close the claim! Pretty sure thats against the T&Cs once a disputes opened.

Ignored it, left a TrustPilot review. Again I was badgered via email by Gearbest to remove the review...
Huggett93

Used GB several times, I doubt I will again.Item never arrived, was told … Used GB several times, I doubt I will again.Item never arrived, was told there was no tracking for it. 6 weeks pass and bullpoo excuses given, I took it to PayPal dispute, GB emailed me asking I close the claim! Pretty sure thats against the T&Cs once a disputes opened.Ignored it, left a TrustPilot review. Again I was badgered via email by Gearbest to remove the review...

Ps in the PP dispute they had a tracking number, although told repeatedly there was no trackingh
Not had a problem myself. in fact just tracked a package with them just now. All my orders had teaching numbers, they list it as sent by ukexp but this translates as expedited postage through yodel. They just fail to mention the name of the courier!
Would never trust these Chinese sites with big price items. Ten or twenty quid by all means as I do use Chinese sites often for low priced products, but spending upwards of £100 and at times £200 for mobile phones is a massive risk, not just delivery but also warranty. Not really worth the risk or hassle for me.

However, Gearbest seem to be as reliable as the rest, just guilty of manipulating reviews which is not really such a biggy. Just use your head when ordering or be like me and save up for a UK phone with full warranty.
I ordered Android TV Box and I got an Android TV Box exactly what I ordered at the price I wanted in a timely delivery.
There have been many suppliers who have abused review sites
There are millions of customers who have been let down by even the best supplier
And there are UK stores who flout consumer laws etc and create fictitious prices and also sometimes give poor service.

I see no real justifiable reason to ban gearbest - if you are concerned about paying and not receiving then use the tools/system that ensures you don't lose financially (Paypal or credit card).

Some people have too much time on their hands or just like moaning at everything or have been hurt once and don't know how to forgive and forget

Wonder if any supplier stocks "Get a life" for a quick delivery at a small cost as there's a few people who seem desperate
Edited by: "philphil61" 3rd Dec 2015
Why would you trust trust pilot? I've ordered from gearbest and although the postage can take some time I've not been let down yet.
I've had a few hundred pounds worth of stuff from gearbest. No major problems at all.

The worst I had was an order that take ages to process - after 5 days of not being shipped I decided to cancel just one of the items from the order and get that locally and leave the other items to arrive whenever. I emailed at 00:30am to request that the one item was removed. They emailed back at 5:30am the same day to say that had been done and to apologise for the delay in shipping.

That is the only time I have needed to contact support and I was quite please with a 5 hour response time to be honest.
ordered headphones from them on 23rd Sept, emailed them a couple of weeks ago quoting the PayPal transaction id. so far no sign of a response or my item. glad i only spent a tenner with them, it'll be the last money they get from me
OH keeps ordering from here too but I keep seeing negative comments on different threads & think it's only a matter of time before it all goes wrong X)

He also bought a Chinese ****phone from there too,god knows why when he can buy any phone he wants,money isn't an issue,nowt as queer as folk
Original Poster
deb8z

OH keeps ordering from here too but I keep seeing negative comments on … OH keeps ordering from here too but I keep seeing negative comments on different threads & think it's only a matter of time before it all goes wrong X)He also bought a Chinese ****phone from there too,god knows why when he can buy any phone he wants,money isn't an issue,nowt as queer as folk

​lol,u mad bro..
As long as they deliver I'm happy.
Yes
http://everythingfunny.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/1cc9.jpg
raidu2004

​lol,u mad bro..

I'm neither mad nor your Bro
Original Poster
deb8z

I'm neither mad nor your Bro

wow,u a sensitive person.....but its ok,bro...:P...
raidu2004

wow,u a sensitive person.....but its ok,bro...:P...

I don't understand street lingo (_;)
Original Poster
deb8z

I don't understand street lingo (_;)

ohh,no problem bro...:P...im just messing around with u..:p
I've had multiple orders with no problems. When shipping was delayed they notified me, as it wouldn't be delivered before Xmas I cancelled. They refunded direct back to my credit card & apologised. From my experiences GearBest are fine.
philphil61

:pWonder if any supplier stocks "Get a life" for a quick delivery at a … :pWonder if any supplier stocks "Get a life" for a quick delivery at a small cost as there's a few people who seem desperate

why bother when your order clearly came back faulty
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants