Groups

do you think they are taking the mick?

i placed an order with cd wow in november for a horrid henry dvd for my nephew for crimbo they took the money straight out of my account but nearly 4 months on im still waiting for the dvd. They keep emailing me saying sorry for the delay we are waiting on suppliers etc but i dont think this is good enough do you? i have just emailed them saying this, anyone else had to wait for products this long before? xx

14 Comments

i once waited months for a book off play it was the only place i seen it so i didnt mind waiting after ages i think 3mths they emailed me and said they cant get the book anymore and i wouldnt be getting it maybe its same as that have you tryed other places for the dvd
    sarah

lol if you dont think its good enough why havent you cancelled like after 2 weeks or something and order it elesewhere?

Original Poster

kungfu;4647368

lol if you dont think its good enough why havent you cancelled like after … lol if you dont think its good enough why havent you cancelled like after 2 weeks or something and order it elesewhere?

cause it was a good deal everywhere else it was 4.99 i think i ordered it for 1.99 using voucher and i have waited up to bout month before so didnt think it would be too long i woudn have minded as much if they hadnt taken the money out most places dont take the money untill they are ready to send the item

lol doesnt sound a good deal to me

cancel it or wait, upto you really, its obviously on back order as most companies do when they run out. they are not hiding it in the warehouse to spite you im sure :thumbsup:

Yes, I do think they're taking the mick! :thumbsup:

Trickyjabs;4647526

Yes, I do think they're taking the mick! :thumbsup:

lol they arent really, its on back order, this will either of been visible at the time of ordering or will of been updated on the order status that its gon to a back order due to no stock...things on back order will remain so until the customer cancels it..or they cant find any stock and refund you. its common practice lol just cancel it!!!

Yes I would say its unacceptable, at the end of the day, if I purchased an item them was on backorder, I wouldnt expect to still be waiting 4 months down the line, a company should only let you place an order if they know they can get the stock/expecting them in.

To be honest though if they are being this slow, just cancel and purchase elsewhere. Good luck.

Original Poster

kungfu;4647594

lol they arent really, its on back order, this will either of been … lol they arent really, its on back order, this will either of been visible at the time of ordering or will of been updated on the order status that its gon to a back order due to no stock...things on back order will remain so until the customer cancels it..or they cant find any stock and refund you. its common practice lol just cancel it!!!

it said dispatched 4 to 5 days when placed order

Original Poster

just looked on site at same dvd and they are still selling it saying Expected to ship within 5-7 days this isnt on if they know they are having problems with this for the past 4 months they shouldn be telling people this

bellows;4647738

just looked on site at same dvd and they are still selling it saying … just looked on site at same dvd and they are still selling it saying Expected to ship within 5-7 days this isnt on if they know they are having problems with this for the past 4 months they shouldn be telling people this

I agree, but its not much you can do in a situation like this, they may give you a goodwill £1 voucher, but there are plenty of these flying around.

Original Poster

britonsarah;4647341

i once waited months for a book off play it was the only place i seen it … i once waited months for a book off play it was the only place i seen it so i didnt mind waiting after ages i think 3mths they emailed me and said they cant get the book anymore and i wouldnt be getting it maybe its same as that have you tryed other places for the dvd sarah

cheers ive waited this long so ill hang around and see if they can get it as its cheaper then else where my nephew had plenty of other pressies of me anyways so if it does finally arrive then ill just give it to him then. but would be nice if they gave me a voucher or something for the wait as it is too long

They have done this to me a few times - I ordered Toy Story 2 cheap and after a few months of 'delay' emails I got one cancelling the order

More recently I ordered Little Mermaid and Chicken Little, same thing happened

Original Poster

Mrs.Z;4647816

They have done this to me a few times - I ordered Toy Story 2 cheap and … They have done this to me a few times - I ordered Toy Story 2 cheap and after a few months of 'delay' emails I got one cancelling the orderMore recently I ordered Little Mermaid and Chicken Little, same thing happened

about a month ago i had a new email saying they expected it to be sent to me bout a week later but then a week later got another email saying they were having problems etc

i've had the same, wouldn't shop with them again. :x
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. BT deal13
      2. What will £250 get me second hand mobile67
      3. Should I buy brand new wd drive without warranty on ebay913
      4. Beer experts help required!34

See more discussions